Haku's lose-weight plan

Haku

My 3rd challenge here. Very exciting. So let's get down to business without a big introduction like I did last time.

Main quest: Lose at least 2.5 kg

Must-do's to achieve it

- Take glucobalance pill every day (+ 2 CON , + 1 WIS)

- Go to gym at least 6 times in this challenge (+ 2 STA , + 3 STR)

- No unhealthy snacks for at least 3 days a week (+ 2 CON)

Life quest: Get all passing marks for this school's term (+ 2 WIS , + 3 CHA)

Motivation: 

I've been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember, because my dad has always (seriously always) been telling me I was too fat. Now that I look back I can see that with 66kg at the age of 16 I was wonderful! Because I have always been concerned about my weight and been feeling ugly and fat I started to gain weight and I am around 89kg now at the age of 22. So within 6 years I gained more than 20kg! Especially the last year was horrible, because I started as 78kg and now, one year later, I am 11kg heavier. I don't feel comfortable in my own body anymore, it just doesn't feel natural and I want to feel happier about myself and start losing weight! 

I find it hard to start losing weight, because I always feel like it should go fast and then when I hear my dad again, asking me whether I still go to the gym, expecting me to have lost 22kg before the summer, I feel like I am going to fail anyway. That is why I have set myself an easy goal to achieve. 2.5kg should be easily achievable within 6 weeks. Anything I lose more will be for bonus points. 

Snack-free days counter: Week 1 - 3   =   Week 2 - 3   =   Week 3 - 3   =   Week 4 - 0   =   Week 5 - 0   =   Week 6 - 0

Gym counter: 3

Glucobalance counter: 20

At the start of this challenge my stats are:   STR 1 - DEX 1 - STA 1 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 4

At the start of this challenge my weight is:   88.3 kg

For now this is it. Cheers!

• Like 1

If you don't shoot, you'll miss by default.

OMFG. That is such a horrible thing for a parent to say to their kids. Ignore your father's unrealistic expectations (even though it's hard as hell--I know) and if he gets on your case, remind him that you gained this weight over a span of 6 years, so it won't be lost overnight. Your 2.5 kg goal seems totally reasonable.

Also, as you continue to lose weight and get fitter, your family will start to say things like "you're too thin!" and "you're obsessed!" Sometimes you just can't please people lol. (Just last night, mom told me that I "was obsessed with this muscle thing!" ...and yet the dietician tells me I'm under eating, and I don't even drink protein shakes, so...??? I'll tell her it's her fault next time, for giving me good muscle-building genetics.)

Are you planning on doing mostly free weights? And does your gym have group fitness classes?

Good luck Haku, I'm sure you'll smash it!  :pirate:

Thanks for the supporting words. :) I certainly hope I'll smash it, too. 

OMFG. That is such a horrible thing for a parent to say to their kids. Ignore your father's unrealistic expectations (even though it's hard as hell--I know) and if he gets on your case, remind him that you gained this weight over a span of 6 years, so it won't be lost overnight. Your 2.5 kg goal seems totally reasonable.

Also, as you continue to lose weight and get fitter, your family will start to say things like "you're too thin!" and "you're obsessed!" Sometimes you just can't please people lol. (Just last night, mom told me that I "was obsessed with this muscle thing!" ...and yet the dietician tells me I'm under eating, and I don't even drink protein shakes, so...??? I'll tell her it's her fault next time, for giving me good muscle-building genetics.)

Are you planning on doing mostly free weights? And does your gym have group fitness classes?

Indeed it is a horrible thing to say as a parent. And of course my mum tried to talk those thoughts out of my head, but since I always thought "You're only saying I'm beautiful because you're my mum. All mothers find their own children beautiful" I simply didn't believe her.. Now I can see that she was right that I wasn't too fat. My BMI was perfect! My family will never say I'm obsessed with losing weight. And certainly not my father. When my mum and dad were together (before they married) he even told my mum that if she'd be heavier than 65kg he would leave her! She's taller than I am, so she was super duper slim. In the end they married and she weighed 66kg. xD But now they're divorced.

Anyway, that's all not relevant. :P I am planning to do push-ups every morning (I really hope I'll be able to do full push-ups within this challenge, because now I can't do that yet. Can't lift my own weight. >.> ) and in the gym I plan on doing both cardio and body weight exercises. I especially like squats with the skippy ball in my back and I like the thing where you have to pull yourself up on some strings, while you're hanging backwards, with your back real close to the ground. Almost like you're falling over, but you don't because you're holding those strings. :) My gym does have group fitness classes, but I'm not very comfortable joining those, since I'm still quite ashamed of my body and my condition. I'd rather just train for myself until I've lost a few kg and have a bit of a better condition. Might join Body Combat. I like martial arts, so yeah. Might work for me.

I've gone to BodyCombat before and it was fun stuff. Do they also have BodyAttack, by any chance? If so, that class is the best thing in the entire universe and has TONS of body weight exercises...and some silly moves to the beat of techno music, but I'm addicted to that kind of stuff lol. If you ever want to try a class, let me know and I'll try to give you some heads-up and pointers for it X)

Sounds like you have a workout plan already, which is great!

Your journey will be enjoyable to watch.  Your challenge looks good.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I've gone to BodyCombat before and it was fun stuff. Do they also have BodyAttack, by any chance? If so, that class is the best thing in the entire universe and has TONS of body weight exercises...and some silly moves to the beat of techno music, but I'm addicted to that kind of stuff lol. If you ever want to try a class, let me know and I'll try to give you some heads-up and pointers for it X)

Sounds like you have a workout plan already, which is great!

I don't know if they have Body Attack... I'll look into it. :) Thanks for the tip. And I'll definitely let you know when I'm going to start a class. And yeah, it's my own little try for a work-out plan. xD

Your journey will be enjoyable to watch.  Your challenge looks good.  

Thank you! I'm glad it looks good, because I think the last one looked a bit chaotic. This one certainly is neater. xD So yeah, I hope I'll be able to entertain you indeed, with my journey. Thank you. :3

Why do you feel you are going to fail before you started?

This is an absolutely reachable goal!
maybe you might need to optimize the effort. ;)

If you train more you might get in a great shape.

I don't say drive to the gym, but there are 100 pushups, squats and 100 pullup apps for your smartphone. Some pushups every second morning won't hurt, right?

Ok, I lied. The sore shoulders will hurt... =)

If you excercise 3 times a week there is nearly no way not to see improvement.

Do you keep a special diet? Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo?

Where in the NL are you suited?

Regards from Dusseldorf ;)

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Why do you feel you are going to fail before you started?

This is an absolutely reachable goal!

maybe you might need to optimize the effort. ;)

If you train more you might get in a great shape.

I don't say drive to the gym, but there are 100 pushups, squats and 100 pullup apps for your smartphone. Some pushups every second morning won't hurt, right?

Ok, I lied. The sore shoulders will hurt... =)

If you excercise 3 times a week there is nearly no way not to see improvement.

Do you keep a special diet? Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo?

Where in the NL are you suited?

Regards from Dusseldorf ;)

Well, it's not a very reachable goal to lose 22kg before summer, right? My father's putting a lot of pressure on me to reach that, but I know I'm going to fail that one. That is exactly why I am giving myself a smaller goal, like 2.5 kg, because I feel I will definitely achieve that one.

As for the training... I cycle to school every day. 5km there and 5km back, so I'm moving around every day for at least 40 minutes. And I'm not even counting all the stairs I'm supposed to walk in school. xD So in that way you could say I work out every day. The push-ups would be an extra thing, because I want to get a bit stronger in my arms, but since that is not a priority I didn't really put it here as a "goal". 

I try to go Paleo, but I find it a bit difficult, because of a sugar addiction (that I am getting rid of at this very moment). Plus my mum is putting the responsibility on me for whether we (she and me) are allowed to eat a biscuit or two and she knows I'm not going to say no because of that addiction. So yeah... It can be hard. I really should ask her not to offer me anything sweet anymore.

I live in Breda, actually. But only for my studies. In the weekends I'm sometimes with my mum, who lives in Breukelen. That's between Utrecht and Amsterdam. But from Breda, Dusseldorf isn't too far away, I suppose. :P It's all relative, of course. 

I am going to say something here that may or may not be well received: What your father thinks you should be able to reach doesn't matter one bit. 
Your goals are all obtainable and you can do this.  It will take time and like Steve's recent article mentioned, everyone has many different factors when it comes to how long it will take.  I had a goal before I found NF to drop 60 lbs in 7 months.  I thought it was obtainable, but I plateaued around 30 lbs.  I started this 9 months ago.  I'm still working on it, but I know I am much more fit than I was a year ago.  I can keep up with my kids running around a lot longer than I could before as well.  This journey doesn't really have an ending.  This is a way of life.  I hope you stick to this and I'm going to be checking in on you to make sure you're still kicking butt over there.  Remember, we're all in this together.  I'm pulling for you.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I am going to say something here that may or may not be well received: What your father thinks you should be able to reach doesn't matter one bit. 

Your goals are all obtainable and you can do this.  It will take time and like Steve's recent article mentioned, everyone has many different factors when it comes to how long it will take.  I had a goal before I found NF to drop 60 lbs in 7 months.  I thought it was obtainable, but I plateaued around 30 lbs.  I started this 9 months ago.  I'm still working on it, but I know I am much more fit than I was a year ago.  I can keep up with my kids running around a lot longer than I could before as well.  This journey doesn't really have an ending.  This is a way of life.  I hope you stick to this and I'm going to be checking in on you to make sure you're still kicking butt over there.  Remember, we're all in this together.  I'm pulling for you.  

Thank you so much! Those are very inspiring words. And indeed I know that my father's ideas about what I should reach don't really matter, but it is something I have to deal with every time I see him. So yeah... And that's especially hard, because every single time I see him I get to hear it again. That I'll be 100% fit and have a flat stomach before summer. Ah well. Indeed I'm taking things at my own pace. I know it's hard for me to lose weight, so I'm not going to try and push myself losing more than I will actually achieve within a certain time span. Otherwise I'll only be disappointed.

Anyway, today's the big day of course! Today the challenge starts and I'm very very very excited. I weighed myself this morning and the scale told me I'm 88.3 kg so that's my starting point for this challenge! I already lost 0.7 kg over the last one and a half week, so I think I should be alright for this challenge. I even put make-up on for the occasion of the start of the challenge and this is the result. A very happy and excited person in a picture, who is ready to kick some butt. Let's do this!

1925234_561703370592689_1846712967_n.jpg

• Like 1

0,5kg /week is worthy & healthy goal.  To loose 22kg with 0,5kg a week In NF-Challenge terms that'll take you 7Challenges = 21goals.  That's a massive amount of good habits for life you'll have constructed &  You'll be set for life.

22kg by summer sets you up to become a "jojo - beach bounceball" & a lifetime of depressions.

(I really hope I'll be able to do full push-ups within this challenge, because now I can't do that yet.)

Knee-Pushups are totally badass.  I love the burn at the end of my set, where I have to continue on my knees to push forward to grow.  

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill

0,5kg /week is worthy & healthy goal.  To loose 22kg with 0,5kg a week In NF-Challenge terms that'll take you 7Challenges = 21goals.  That's a massive amount of good habits for life you'll have constructed &  You'll be set for life.

22kg by summer sets you up to become a "jojo - beach bounceball" & a lifetime of depressions.

Knee-Pushups are totally badass.  I love the burn at the end of my set, where I have to continue on my knees to push forward to grow.  

Indeed if I would lose 22kg before summer I'd get the jojo-effect. I'm very aware of that. Hence I think my dad is being his stupid self for expecting me to lose all that before summer. ~_~ But indeed, there will be many good habits to get throughout all the challenges. Exactly how I look at it too. n_n

Seriously, I still have difficulties with knee push-ups even! x'D I'm very weak in my arms, so I'm always trying to find >something< that will work. Now I'm doing push-ups with my legs on the bed and my arms on the ground, so I do the pushups from just a bit lower than my hips. But every time I am moving to the front a bit, so I get to push up more and more of my own weight. Hmmm... I don't think it really explains well. I guess I'll have to draw it out some time. :P

Legs higher is supposed to be more difficult.  You could try to inverse that: put your hands on the bed & your feet on the ground.   Or even hands on your desk & feet on ground.  Or even hands against the wall, feet a bit behind & pushup vs the wall. 

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill

Legs higher is supposed to be more difficult.  You could try to inverse that: put your hands on the bed & your feet on the ground.   Or even hands on your desk & feet on ground.  Or even hands against the wall, feet a bit behind & pushup vs the wall. 

I'll definitely try that out. So far it worked for me to do the push-ups from my hips, so to say. Even though my legs are higher, I am only pushing up the weight of my torso. But I will definitely have a go at the wall and desk push-ups. Thanks for the tip. :D

First off - I'd like to say that you have a BEAUTIFUL smile!  What a great picture!  :)

I'm really proud of you for setting some attainable and realistic goals for this challenge.  Are you going to be giving yourself grades as well as attribute points?  I find that the letter grade helps me determine how successful I was over the six weeks. 

And please don't beat yourself up too much if you have weeks with minimal weight loss.  It's very easy to feel defeated, but just remember that ups and downs are all part of the journey.  You are not a number on a scale.  :)

Good luck to you!  I think you'll do wonderfully!  I'll be following you and cheering you on!

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

First off - I'd like to say that you have a BEAUTIFUL smile!  What a great picture!  :)

I'm really proud of you for setting some attainable and realistic goals for this challenge.  Are you going to be giving yourself grades as well as attribute points?  I find that the letter grade helps me determine how successful I was over the six weeks. 

And please don't beat yourself up too much if you have weeks with minimal weight loss.  It's very easy to feel defeated, but just remember that ups and downs are all part of the journey.  You are not a number on a scale.  :)

Good luck to you!  I think you'll do wonderfully!  I'll be following you and cheering you on!

Wauw, thank you for the compliment. *blushes* I'm glad you like the picture. This morning I was just so extremely excited to start this challenge! I've been thinking about it all night too (couldn't really sleep, so yeah, my thoughts were racing hince 'n forth) so this morning I was all happy. 

I don't think I'm going to give myself grades. I might, but it won't be letter grading, because I seriously have no clue how that works properly. I don't know when something is a failing mark or not. I might just work with grades from 1 to 10. I'm familiar with those. Haha! And I promise I won't beat myself up too much. But exactly to avoid feeling defeated I decided to set myself a fairly easy goal, so I will still always see that I am going to make it. Of course you're right that I'm not just a number on a scale, but it certainly is something that I want to pay attention to. As soon as I get some muscles I know losing weight will be harder too, because muscles are much heavier than fat. But I don't have much muscle weight on me. xD So all there is here is just fat, really. Which needs to be burned away.

Anyway, thank you so much for the cheering and the good wishes. :) They certainly make me smile and make me even more excited about this challenge! :D

Fill them in with something fun.

tumblr_m7zs9sAQSC1rsy50k.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Fill them in with something fun.

*gets spontaneous heart attack* 

Okay.. Okay... Breathing.. That's the key! 

That .gif is truly wonderful! :D

EDIT: Yes, I'll fill them up with some fun randomness. More Loki! xD

_1384186532.gif

And

post-35383-I-have-an-army-gif-Loki-what-

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines