Wild Goofyfoot Appears for second Encounter!

Goofyfoot

After a great first challenge, I am now looking to complete my first challenge for the rangers!

Wild Goofyfoot appears for Second Challenge!
RLdèx Stats:
Height 6'4
Weight: 260lbs
Waist - 36"

This second challenge goal will be to fit into a regular large t-shirt I bought (of my favorite comic character, Deadpool) and size 34 waist jeans, and look Good!  Want to shave off the rest of my love handles and lose that stomach bulge!

Goal 1: - Complete 30 minutes of squatting EVERY day (including rest day!) 

30 Min - A, 28-29 -B, 25-27-C, 21-25-D, Less than 21 - F

Goal 2: - Eat Paleo 100% with ZERO cheating ( I have ate most of my meals in the last 11 weeks [when I started NF] as paleo, but I did cheat a total of 4 times on snacks...doesn't seem like much, but why am I punishing my body after I am working so hard to reward it?!)   *Second small sidequest for this goal - Don't use the scale for the entire challenge.  I started out bad,  and have gotten better...but I still pay way too much damn attention to the scale, so I want to go 6 weeks without it!  If i do it, I get a gold star ;D

Zero Cheating - A, 1 Cheat -B, 2 Cheats -C, 3 Cheats or More, Big ol fat F 

Goal 3: -  Hill Sprints *As scared as I am to do these, I know they are a huge benefactor to health!*  I have a great hill right by where I live that is about 250 meters and will be my sprinting hill!  The worst part is for some reason I am wildly against exercising in public, everything I have done to date has been in the comfort of my apartment.

Week 1-3 3 Hill Sprints 3 times a week - A, 2-B, 1 or less-F
Week 4-6 6 Hill Sprints 3 times a week - A, 5 -B, 4 or less, F  

Life Sidequest - Have $500 In my savings account for a rainy day by the end of the challenge!
I am terrible about spending money, and I want to change that!  Get better pockets so the holes aren't burned by money and I have to get rid of it. 

Goofyfoot uses BRING IT ON!
  • Like 1

I haven't made a goal, I have made a lifestyle change.

I am not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday.

It was hard to make changes at first, I will never go back.

The only person that was standing in my way was me.

Now that I have gotten out of my way, nothing can stop me!

Level 4: Burger-Flipping Ass Kicking Ogre Ranger:  STR:7 DEX:8 STA:11 CON:2 WIS:5 CHA:12

Challenges -(1),(2),(3), Current

Good luck with your challenges.

Do you have any plans in action for saving money? A budget? or things to cut out?

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

My plan is essentially to not waste it.  Every time I find myself with a few hundred bucks, I buy something I don't need, and then I resell it at half or less a few weeks later.

Level 4: Burger-Flipping Ass Kicking Ogre Ranger:  STR:7 DEX:8 STA:11 CON:2 WIS:5 CHA:12

My plan is essentially to not waste it.  Every time I find myself with a few hundred bucks, I buy something I don't need, and then I resell it at half or less a few weeks later.

Not the smartest of choices lol.  Glad you want to change that.  I find putting it in a separate account has helped me.  That way I don't see it and "forget" I have it, but know that is there if needed.  Also the fact it can take a couple of days to get it into an account where I can spend it helps me to think about whether I really want/need the item.

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

took your advice otter, and opened a second savings account.  Have stipulations so I can only access if absolutely necessary.  Hope it helps me reach my life sidequest goal

Thanks.  It helped me out alot.  I now also have it set up so money comes out of my account every week (I get paid weekly) and goes into my savings account.  It took me a while to get to that point though.  Small steps :)

First week of the challenge was rough (had to eat a few days with no hill sprints...-40 with wind chill...I tried but, just too damn cold)

Warmed up significantly this week though, so back to the hills I run!

first few weeks were definitely rough with the weather.  Finally into full swing, however.  Pounding pavement on hillsprints makes for a tired goofyfoot, but it feels great!

I've already met my savings goal, now I just need to keep it in there!

• Like 1

Its going good, I have a vacation coming up and intend to use it on learning how to cure my own bacon!  Pretty excited about that.   Just going thru the recipe forums and trying new dishes

I have noticed AMAZING benefits from hill sprints.  The first week was brutal and I could barely make it up the hill walking, let alone pounding some serious pavement, and yesterdays sprints I was able to do about 3/4 of the hill 3 times.  Breathing is much easier as well.  I love these things

• Like 2

You had me at bacon!.. lol wife and I have been talking about trying to cure our own as well. Let us know how it comes out. Good job on the sprints too keep it up! =)

Level: 2 Half Orc Class: Adventurer  STR: 3 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 3 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

My Daily Battle

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.

So my challenge goal is like, 70% met.

I was feeling really good after my workout today, and was able to put on my large shirt and my 34 waist jeans.   The jeans were a little tight (no where near as bad as I expected) and the shirt was just about right.  Pretty freaking excited.  Gonna push hard these next 3 weeks for a sexy picture in my deadpool shirt :P

• Like 1

How are the hill sprints coming? How did you start? I have a sidewalk going down a steep incline on a few giant hills right next to my apartment that you are encouraging me to tackle. Please share how you started and progressed with yours, so I can do so safely too!

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

I started out with too much to be honest, I wanted to quit right away with hill sprints, but that little rebel inside me kept at it, and I would never recommend doing what I did, it did pay off.  I started with 3 full sprints with recovery after each, and now I am up to 6 hill sprints every other day on about 150 yards.  

As for the rest of my challenge, while I am meeting my goals, I think I am going to score myself lower this challenge than I did last time.  It is going thru the motions and nothing more, but I have an epic plan for my next challenge that I have already started!

Thanks for the info! I'll have to take that into consideration and do a test run then. Or perhaps simply build up to a sprint or several if I decide to do it. We'll have to see what the weather holds (sadly, there could still be snow).

While you may just have been going through the motions for this challenge, I think that's still ok - you've managed to keep it up whether you were enthusiastic or not. I look forward to following your next challenge!

|| pattycake118 establishes routine || fitbit || MFP ||

|| Level 3|| STR 3 || DEX 1 || STA 2 || CON 6 || WIS 3 || CHA 2 ||

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines