LostOne1775 Getting Ready for the Marines: Part 2

Ba'sini'on

Alright! Let's do this!

My ultimate goal is to sign up for the Marines THIS year. And I'm hoping to do that on my birthday, or if anything, get really close to the weight goal :)

I'll be using Sgt. Melgoza's 300pft workout program to get me there. You can check out his blog here By 8 weeks I should be ripped, and ready to roll! It's very simple to follow, only train 3x a week, keep a record, eat 90/10 Paleo, and have a free day to eat what I want. I've already signed my pledge to stay committed to the program and not quit :pride:

Goal 1: Complete the 300 pft program 100%.

A: 100%

B: 90%

C: 80%

F: 70%

Goal 2: Write in my journal everyday.

A: 7/7

B: 6/7

C: 5/7

F: 4/7

Goal 3: Take at least an hour a day to just draw.

A: 7/7

B: 6/7

C: 5/7

F: 4/7

Goal 4: During rest days, no TV, computer, or video games until 7p.m.

A: Nothing till 7 completed!

B: 1 slip up.

C: 2 slip ups.

F: Electronics have my soul!!

Life Goal: Join the Marines by my birthday!

I've come a long way, and I'm ready to finish my journey :D

Before:

02/17/2014

02/17/2014

02/17/2014

• Like 3

2/18/2014

20 Pushups: 13.1 sec.

40 Janda sit-ups: 49.8 sec.

100 meter sprints 3x: 1. 29.6  2. 27.5  3. 29.5

1-mile run: 13:04

2/20/2014

20 Pushups: 12.6

40 Janda sit-ups: 42.9

100 meter sprints 3x: 1. 28.5  2. 24.4  3. 23.3

1-mile run: 11:30

So far so good!

• Like 2

^

For now what comes to mind, I have some stuff I need to put on paper. But if you'd like to suggest something I'm open to suggestions :)

You can do this LostOne!  You have so much drive and motivation, I can't wait to watch you rock this challenge and be a marine!

• Like 1

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

Jack Harlekin: Not busy at all dude! Whatcha need?

Wufkar: Actually they just changed that test for the women. Now I have to do a full pullup or chin up, 7 of them is a perfect score. For that I'm just sticking with the 300pft, the pushups are to help out with that preparation.

otter905: I can't wait to see the results myself! I'm tired of saying I want to be a Marine, I want to finally say I am one.

Today was a rest day and so far so good :)

Breakfast: Steak and steamed veggies   Snack: 1 bit of dark chocolate   Lunch: Green smoothie   Dinner: Pork loin and salad   Snack: Nothing

Eating five meals a day is tough, most of the time I don't feel hungry especially if I haven't worked out. Maybe on my rest days I should eat a lot lighter, like more veggies and less meat. Or even green smoothies only. But my breakfasts have to have 30g of protein.

I have so much energy during rest days I have to do something! Usually I just veg out on the computer or TV and wait for the day to end, but then I made that goal. Nothing until 7. So I spent the day doing chores and moving around. It's a nice feeling knowing I'm exhausted due to hard work around the property :D

Drawing done! Nothing really outstanding enough to post, just scribbled on the paper to try and get the old feeling I used to have when I drew. It's coming back I'm glad to say! If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to draw them, usually my problem is getting artist block thanks to that white paper taunting me.

Journal no :( When I try to write what I want down it just doesn't come out as I hoped it would. So I end up giving up on ever writing my life and thoughts down. But it's important so I have to trudge on!

Tomorrow is another workout. I actually want to try something by making 1 day a week a Badass day. It'll be a workout day where I do everything from weight lifting to HIIT running. Sounds harsh but I already thought of how I would rest. I'll change my workout schedule so that my first workout of the week begins on Monday. Then Friday will be Badass day, and then Saturday and Sunday are rest days. Two days rest should be plenty!

I came up with the Badass day due to the Super Spartan actually. I noticed that when I had one day of extreme strenuous activity, couple of days of rest later my strength, speed, and even stamina have increased greatly. Just curious to see if it works, if it's to hard on me I'll stop.

• Like 2

2/22/2014

20 Pushups: 11 sec.

40 Janda sit-ups: 32.8

100 meter sprints 3x: 1. 27.1   2. 21.8   3. 21.6

1 mile run: 10:50

• Like 1

Journal no :( When I try to write what I want down it just doesn't come out as I hoped it would. So I end up giving up on ever writing my life and thoughts down. But it's important so I have to trudge on!

There have been a couple of occasions where I HAD to keep a journal.  I had the same problem, but I found that by starting with just jotting things down that you had done during the day eventually led to actually writing out thoughts.  You could start with your work out and thoughts on it and build from that.  I always find at first its more like spoardic thoughts, but it eventually comes together.  Trudge on! :nevreness:

You have good plans. I am so excited to see what you will do this challenge!

And there's no way to train for pull-up tests like doing pull-ups! Inverted rows are a good training method too.

Agreed, there's really no other movement that builds the same muscles

• Like 1

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

SO excited to see your goals for this challenge! Simple, clearcut, effective, and awesome! and you're off to a roaring start!

Got a chuckle that you had included art in a goal--I did the same thing this time, too. Feeling a little phobic, it's been so long.

Looking forward to seeing you reach your long term goal! Getting so close!

• Like 1

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

In regards to the journal writing, just write the random crap that flows out of your pen. So long as you can read your own writing it does not matter if it makes sense or not. It is the habit you are building. Coherency will come eventually as you train yourself to write. Soon you will find flashes of genius amongst entire drivel. Some days you will write well, others you will not. Build the habit and let the content look after itself.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Wooo!! You have TOTALLY got this!!

Your goalsare awesome! I'm going to check out that blog.

I too am journaling this challenge, I've foudn that even though I've only been doing it 3 days, it's really nice to spend 10 minutes a day getting my thoughts in order :D

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

For those who came in late.....

This looks awesome, as per usual!

Maybe if the journaling is a skill you are looking to acquire you could at least start with bullet points. Get out the important points from your day and then either work on fleshing it out or just get into the habit of being able to recall what's happened for a little while then work on more content.

• Like 1

Level 8 Satyr Scout

STR 11|DEX 5|STA 10|CON 9|WIS 12|CHA 5

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Hey guys! Sorry for lack of updating, just been really busy. But the good kind of busy, it's nice having stuff that needs to be done :)

2/24/2014

Pullup: 1

Crunches in 2-minutes: 104

1.5 mile run: 12: 24

I need more work on my run :( This was the initial strength test all poolees take before boot camp. I'd pass but not with flying colors.

2/26/2014

20 Pushups: 12.4

20 Janda Sit ups: 20.2

Core: Front Plank: 30.6  Side Plank: 32.7/32.2   Leg Lift: 30.8

Sprint 4x: 1. 25.9  2. 23.2  3. 22.0  4. 22.3

1 mile run: 11:00

Everything is going really good! I'm feeling really overwhelmed though, so many new things are affecting my life that it's making my head spin! I'll most likely be signed to the Marines this year, I'm going to get my permit now that I have the cash, I'm actually wearing make up more, my dad will be getting 2 awesome jobs, etc. But the biggest one so far is, I will be going on a date :nightmare:. Oh boy even typing that makes me dizzy! Will write more tomorrow, right now it's late and I need sleep for my training tomorrow.

Journal: Perfect

Drawing: Perfect

• Like 2

woo hoo, some boy has seen how hot our LostOne is! Leave him drooling gorgeous. 

The permit is for driving I take it? 

Dad back at work will do him wonders. 

Marines will be a dream come true. 

No wonder you feel so excited. 

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I'm overwhelmed by all the good things here!  Keep it up.

Just be yourself on the date.  If he's not happy with it, then he doesn't deserve you.  You are wonderful!!

• Like 1

Lycan Thorn: Thanks Thorn :) And yes the permit is for driving, I want to say I can drive finally!

otter905: LOL you know my sis told me to slowly be myself :P But your right, I'm me and I'm crazy and weird, if he doesn't like that then he's not for me.

Terinatum: TERI!! *hugs* Love ya girl, and I am subbing to your challenge for sure! Yes I am dominating my goals.

Matt_72: We want to see the upcoming Muppet movie on the 21st, so plenty of time to get ready.

I am so sorry I haven't updated in a while, part of it's being busy, and the other is me trying to cut down the amount of time on the computer.

I've been working trying to scrape together money for new duds and makeup. I know I don't have to wear makeup on the date but I want to look decent at least. I know if I show up in my usual men's shirts and fat pants, I'll just be my old self. But if I wear something not me and it makes me feel pretty, then I'll feel more confident and not keep quiet the entire time. Clothes make the woman feel like a woman :)

Haven't been able to get my permit yet :( I had the money and then some, but until my dad actually gets the jobs money is still tight. So I'm still the cash piggy bank for a bit.

3/3/2014

Pullups: Set #1: 1   Set #2: 1   Set #3: 1

25 Janda Situps: 22.6

Front Plank: 40.1  L. Side Plank: 30.8  R. Side Plank: 32.3  Leg Lift: 33.4

Sprint Intervals: #1: 22.5  #2: 21.1  #3: 20.8  #4: 21.3

1-mile run: 10:59

My diet has suffered a bit because of lack of money. My mother has been buying cheaper bulk foods which are mainly rice, pasta, breads, etc. But I froze some wilting spinach, there's carrots, and some fruit and nuts still. If I have to live off of green smoothies then so be it! I hate feeling bloated and sluggish due to non paleo foods.

Just 3 weeks into the program and I'm seeing improvement! But I wish I could do more than just a certain amount of running and quick sets of bodyweight workouts. I miss my long runs and weight lifting :(

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines