LostOne1775 Getting Ready for the Marines: Part 2

Ba'sini'on

Lycan Thorn: Thanks Thorn :) And yes the permit is for driving, I want to say I can drive finally!

otter905: LOL you know my sis told me to slowly be myself :tongue: But your right, I'm me and I'm crazy and weird, if he doesn't like that then he's not for me.

I've been working trying to scrape together money for new duds and makeup. I know I don't have to wear makeup on the date but I want to look decent at least. I know if I show up in my usual men's shirts and fat pants, I'll just be my old self. But if I wear something not me and it makes me feel pretty, then I'll feel more confident and not keep quiet the entire time. Clothes make the woman feel like a woman :)

I've always been in the frame of mind of why put it off?  Why show something I'm not because I'm afraid he (or even she for that matter) might not like the real me.  It's going to come out eventually.  But then again I'm 37 and single so I may not be the best example to follow :nevreness:

Just make sure you feel comfortable and don't put forward something you can't/won't/don't want to keep up.  You mentioned that you have skyped, so he's seen you already?  and likes you like that, you don't want to show up completely transformed.

PS We're all crazy...it's just finding someone who's crazy works with your crazy :playful:

• Like 2

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

Hope you are doing everything you set out to do....and a few other things......

Or did that boy thing push everything aside?

There is nothing wrong with dressing up to HELP you feel pretty.  Men, in general, do not understand this.  Actually, I don't understand it, but I accept the truth of it as I have seen it over and over and over.  It doesn't make you someone else, it helps with your confidence if you are wearing something you find to be flattering to you.

• Like 4

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

agreed.

I feel like a million bucks wearing my nice stuff. 

I feel pretty spiffy in sweats- but I not the "oh I want to go on a date" spiffy- more like the "fuck yeah I have a day off and I already lifted and ate all the eggs and bacon in my house" kind of spiffy.

Wearing something that you aren't self conscious in helps you focus on the task at hand instead of wasting energy fretting on what you have on. it saves a step AND pushes you into another realm of confidence. 

• Like 4

Have fun on your date! Wear something that compliments how amazing and beautiful you already are. Don't be 'Date-you' as if you're someone different, be you with added oomph! You'll knock him dead, I'm sure :)

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Eilyd: *hug* Thanks girl I needed that :) LOL the closer the date came the less I wanted to pretty myself up actually.

Matt_72: I LOVE muppets!!

otter_905: My sis recently found out that I was Skyping him this entire time without makeup, and she freaked! She made me sit down and play Barbie with her, which means her craning my head this way and that while she applies make up and does my hair. I hated it as a kid and I still loathe it today! So now I go for the natural look everytime I log on for vid chat, and you know what? He likes me better without make up :D Said I look more myself and relaxed.

And he likes my crazy, sporadic self. We're both have screwed up heads so when one of us has a problem the other knows what to do.

Terinatum: That's what I'm going to do now, he likes to dress for comfort, and we both love superhero t-shirts so why not?

BruteSquad: No he didn't push it aside. He's actually always motivating me to work harder and helping me out with my goals.

I don't understand dressing up still :/ I'd rather just where my workout clothes all day, but then I'm self conscious about being overlooked because of what I'm wearing. But screw it I want to be comfy and me....but I have to admit I really like the dress ;)

I-Jo: Same here! I love walking into the house, covered in sweat and dirt and meeting a new person with a big smile saying, "Sorry I'm a mess, I just ran and lifted weights! It was AWESOME!"

Hence the shorts underneath my nice, above the knee dress :P No more being self conscious about bending down LOL!

missrebecca: Thanks! I've tried to be someone else but unfortunately my crazy head won't allow it! I have to be myself no if's and's or but's (ahaha but...bottoms ROFL!) <Yes I am like that in RL :P

OK I have big news! Drumroll........I am moving out of my parents house on the 17th of this month and into my Nana's house. And this isn't for just a week or two, this will be until I'm a Marine.

Same stipulations as last time, I need to find a job, help out around the house, and not lay around doing nothing all day everyday.

Some of the greatest pros are, I'll be working, I'll get a taste of how it's like on my own, if I get a job I can pay everything on my Jeep and finally call it mine, run more races without worrying about distance, pay for those races LOL, my nana is going to pay for my gym membership, and the greatest one of all within walking distance of the guy!! We're now going to meet up at his favorite comic book store, which is also within walking distance!

My training has been going great but I did go through a sort of detox because I really bloated up and felt awful for a couple of days. Even my scores suffered, but now I'm back and I'm pushing harder than ever. I just hope the packing and preparation for the move will affect my diet or workouts.

• Like 5

You said: "OK I have big news! Drumroll........I am moving out of my parents house on the 17th of this month and into my Nana's house. And this isn't for just a week or two, this will be until I'm a Marine."

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you! Sounds like you are really pulling things together in your life in a big way! You'll be a Marine in no time at this rate! Brava, LostOne!

• Like 2

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Lost one I am a Marine so what I'm going to say may seem harsh but it's reality. Push hard, shoot for the males 300 PFT, you will get more respect. I got out before the CFT so don't know anything about that but from what I understand work on core. Reminder a 300 PFT for males is 18:00 3 mile run, 100 crunches in 2:00, & 20 dead hang pull-ups. Now go GET SOME!!!

• Like 2

Sweat dries, Blood clots, Bones heal. Suck it up Marine.

Semper Fi, Do or die!

Pallas Athena: I am so excited about it to!!

Matt_72: And all it took was a jump down the rabbit hole ;)

Terinatum: Bloom and grow :)

BruteSquad: So far...sucky

Squeak: Not harsh, that's actually what I'm aiming for. Don't treat me different because I'm a girl I say, HIT ME!!

Sunday is the new deadline now, my cousin is having a birthday and we'll be at my nana's house. Might as well go then rather than wait for Monday!

*sigh* Really stressed out and there are to many negative vibes in my house right now! I am REALLY sensitive to other's emotions and feelings, and when there's a lot it'll leech into me. So for a couple of days I've been stress eating :( I'm bloated and feel dead. So today I went back on a strict diet, seeing it as a challenge, if I can fight it off and eat right until Sunday I'll win.

My mom is not taking me leaving so good. She gave me a long talk about how I'm the baby, and I'm leaving my responsibilities on everyone else, and that I should stay another year. And then she gave me an ultimatum, leave and destroy my relationship with her, or stay. I'm going :D LOL and as a result I can't take anything that's "hers", which includes: the PC, game consoles, Concho's bridle, and anything else really. Even my clothes are hers but she's allowing me to take those.

Fine with me, I don't have much anyways the other stuff I can get again. I see it as starting over, rebirth. Wonder what I'll be reborn as :)

Might be MIA as a result of no computer. And I have a give away in the pub section of NF anyone interested in anything, let me know.

• Like 1

so you got a dress?

YAY

did you wear with shorts?  Did you get cling?  need to work that out!!!  

and yes- shoot high for the PT test- they are pushing back the female pull up standard because a huge percentage failed. I'm ashamed of my gender. 

• Like 1

so you got a dress?

YAY

and yes- shoot high for the PT test- they are pushing back the female pull up standard because a huge percentage failed. I'm ashamed of my gender. 

I would not be ashamed of your gender, more ashamed they would lower the standard.  If you keep the standard and make it well known, people will reach it.

Lost....I have started over more than once in my life.  It can be terrible, or a grand adventure.....but that depends ONLY on your attitude. You can make it an adventure or a nightmare....I say make it an adventure.

• Like 3

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

The great thing is you can be reborn into whatever you want.  Yes it's a crappy situation.  Yes it will be hard.  Yes there will be days you want to pack it in.  But you get to be you, without other people putting their goals and pressures on you.  Really, did your mom think you would stay there forever doing things around the house so she won't have to???

GO DO THIS FOR YOU AND NO ONE ELSE!!

• Like 1

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

so you got a dress?

YAY

Don't be ashamed it's because there are to many WM's and not enough Female Marines. I say I stead of pushing the standard back they should be making it the same for everyone regardless of gender.

• Like 3

Sweat dries, Blood clots, Bones heal. Suck it up Marine.

Semper Fi, Do or die!

Agree on the pull-ups. I can do 3, and I am nowhere near in combat-ready shape. How could you be prepared for such a vigorous lifestyle but not be able to (literally) pull your own weight?

LostOne I am so excited for you! Excellent job on getting out. It's very sad that your mother gave you an ultimatum; it seems rather like any ruining-of-relationship is being done by her stance on this.

• Like 1

You have this LostOne. Mum's tend to be good at guilt tripping. Yours will get over it. If you weren't ready you would have agreed with your mum and stayed longer. Good on you for starting a new life.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Brava on rebounding to good eating!

Brava on moving the date forward a day!

Brava on planning to leave anyway. Your Mom is probably just afraid someday she'll be left alone, so she's acting desperate. She'll probably get over it.

Check out the nearest library for a computer. Most have them available. Many are free.

You CAN do this!

• Like 1

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

so you got a dress?

YAY

Don't be ashamed it's because there are to many WM's and not enough Female Marines. I say I stead of pushing the standard back they should be making it the same for everyone regardless of gender.

I agree- which is why I'm a bit ashamed of them- 3 pull ups is less than the male standard and they still couldn't manage that.

Shrug- the USMC didn't see fit to ask me- but that's how it was at VMI and it- I can guarantee you- was a good thing.  It definitely took out some of the potential hazing we received knowing we had to do the same test as the men. 

• Like 1

BruteSquad: Don't worry dude, I am making it the grandest adventure I can!

otter905: LOL I think she thought I wouldn't like being without my comforts at home. But I can and I am!

Well I'm not out of the crapper yet, my nana is almost as controlling as my mother. But I can tell her no and she'll let it go, so it's definately better :)

Sqeak: YES!! Totally agree!! A Marine is a Marine no matter what the gender, no one gets special treatment!

Eilyd: Yeah it may suck, but I agree that any shunning is on her part, not mine.

Lycan Thorn: Thanks Lycan!

Terinatum: For the glory of the Lost One!!

Pallas Athena: And so far my decision was a good one! Eating right, working out, and finding a job. And my nana has a computer and tablet she's letting me use. I like the tablet :D

I-Jo: No the dress doesn't cling, and although I go commando under everything, apparently it is frowned upon when wearing a dress. So I got boyshorts.

I'm hoping to get out 10 before I'm bussed out.

• Like 1

Update!!

I haven't been working out or drawing for a week due to the move, but I'm back on it now. I'm starting tomorrow now that I'm settled into my new temporary home.

Unfortunately the gym won't be happening :( My nana said she only intended my sister to come, not me. And it would be to expensive for both of us. But I'm not discouraged! I brought my sandbag, and my grandfather has offered to train me in running, and it all comes down to diet in the end.

I'll be getting my permit soon and I have been studying everyday for it. What I'm worried about though is who will drive with me. Both grandparents are in love with their cars, they don't have one mark or dent not even a smudge. So letting me drive hasn't been an easy topic so far. But thank God for my guy! As a birthday gift he's offered to teach me to drive, and he's been helping me find a job.

And I met the guy yesterday. He took me to a comic store and then to dinner, he's awesome! No I didn't wear the dress because I walked to the comic store, so it was jeans, shirt, converse, and little makeup. And I got a workout because the comic store is 6 miles away. But I only got to mile 4 because my gps thought I was somewhere else. Being a sweet heart the guy picked me up!

I'll update more tomorrow. I'm still doing the pft and I'm eating really healthy. tigerlilly is also doing really good, I've never seen her so motivated!

• Like 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines