Maledictus: You don't have to be Nuts to post here, but there is a strong statistical correlation

Maledictus

STOOF!

Goal 1: When I say run, run. (pause) RUN! (+4 DEX)

I want to do at least a 5k a week and a set of sprints.  This is more for time than distance.  Use the 5ks to improve running technique.

Grade: Lose a grade per week without a full set of runs skipped (1 or 2, taking genuine factors into account).

Goal 2: Nuts?  How Ironic  (+5 STA)

So the Nuts challenge is this weekend.  Rather than just do 1 lap, or 2 laps, or even 3 laps, I've decided to go all out and start with the full 4 laps.  Plus a run around the day before with a mate.  That's 35km of insanity in one weekend.

I cannot wait.

I may not finish it all (they turf you off after four hours if you aren't on your 4th lap) but I'm going to enjoy trying :).

There's a 12k I've booked in at the end of the month http://www.ironrun.co.uk/ to prevent a 6 week gap before the next run.

Goal 3: Stay on Target (+2 WIS, +2 CON)

This is about sticking to my meal plan.  I stuck to the plan last challenge but a combination of a different workout and extra calories/carbs on workout days I allowed myself mean I didn't see the improvements I wanted.  Once Nuts is out the way I'm going 4 weeks strict adherence to the plan as published and seeing what difference that makes.

Side quest:  Career Development (+3 CHA).

I'm going to use a requirement my wife has (plus a couple of things the gym owner needs) to drive skills/learning exercises for the next couple of weeks.  So I plan on having a couple of web sites/databases/iphone apps churned out in the next six weeks.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

subbed for impending stoof - and bacon - and nuts - and statistics?

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

stoof is, as a rule good....looking forward to stoof....especially mad stoof

large.gif

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

I like that your tags include "@."   Fuck the hashtag.

#FuckTheHashTag

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

So remember that interview I bombed last challenge?  The CTO of the place emailed and said "funny thing, don't know what that clown was thinking and incidentally he isn't here any more.  But we reckon you'd be a better fit anyway"

erm, what?

So I'm going to see what's happening.  It's one of those things where it will be mental hours and lots of stress for no more money than I currently earn.  But a hell of a lot more fun.  Plus the CTO sounds insane, which always bodes well (seriously, the last 3 jobs I've enjoyed have been because someone in senior management came across as seriously unhinged at the interview and I figured if they got away with it, I'd fit right in ...).

Saturday turned into a "snatch technique" session.  Which was good but also different.

Sunday was running kids all around so only managed to squeeze in a 5k and no lifting.  Tonight my newly returned boss pitched up with changes to the spec @ 17:20.  Grr.  So I could either work late and we can test it for the next two days or do it tomorrow and we end up a week late.  I hate being dedicated sometimes.

On the plus side, I got the previously mentioned email at the end of the day, so I'm surprisingly mellow about it.

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

hmmm moderately insane management? sounds like paradise to me! I'm not saying I'm crazy.....but I'm not going to correct you if you say it lol

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

Sounds like an interesting job opportunity...insane bosses are often the best!

That does sound like an interesting opportunity.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Hello Tough Nuts

Thank you for entering The Winter Nuts Challenge. This is going to be a very muddy mud run.

Please make sure you find your race number for check-in on the day (you will check-in with your race number and not your order number).

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Did a 5k run first thing this morning and then an hour's Boot Camp.

Phone interview in a couple of hours and then a Tabata session

Then I'll be taking it easy until the weekend.  That will MORE than make up for it though!

• Like 2

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Did a 5k run first thing this morning and then an hour's Boot Camp.

Phone interview in a couple of hours and then a Tabata session

Then I'll be taking it easy until the weekend.  That will MORE than make up for it though!

Great stuff! Good luck on your phone interview!!!

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

BOOM!

After seeing and reading about the quality of the UK mud, I've decided I need to experience a UK OCR someday.

Going to have to figure out how to work that into future travel plans.

yeah, you can tell you're into OCR in the UK when your wife tells you that you forgot to clean the bath out .... and hands you a dustpan & brush (true story).

and I have another interview (by phone) with a guy in the states ... tonight.  Seems ridiculously positive.

got more details about what actually happened with the previous guy that interviewed me and it makes a lot more sense now.

• Like 2

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

BOOM!

After seeing and reading about the quality of the UK mud, I've decided I need to experience a UK OCR someday.

Going to have to figure out how to work that into future travel plans.

Last weekend in January or thereabouts is tough guy. If you're coming over for one I suspect that should be it. Which isn't to say that the nuts challenge (hardest in uk) or rat race dirty weekend (longest Assault course allegedly) wouldn't be good too. If you do come over let me know and I'll come out of retirement to run it :)

Still hoping for a spartan ultra at some point. Or the tough guy marathon in 2016 ;)

Dictated over the phone to trained howler monkeys who post it on the Internet for me.

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Back the fuck up....

Who SQUEEEs without me?

• Like 1

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Back the fuck up....

Who SQUEEEs without me?

but you are here ... in my heart *bats  eyelashes*

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

tumblr_mwyujkodn11sgl0ajo1_400.gif

Yes yes all of this. Yes

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

So ... That but four times tomorrow with the first three rounds in under 4 hours? Interesting. Unlikely but interesting

Dictated over the phone to trained howler monkeys who post it on the Internet for me.

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Looking forward to hearing how it went! 

Also, I must share my irritation. The 5th graders at my school keep saying the word "hashtag" before everything. And I mean everything. Like every part of a normal conversation. I would like to bitchslap the stupid idea out of them, but I would also like to keep my job. Dilemma. (note I did not use a hashtag)

• Like 1

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Ouch.  Ouch ouch bloody ouch.  Details to follow. 

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Are you in one piece?

I AM going the distance

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines