Maledictus: You don't have to be Nuts to post here, but there is a strong statistical correlation

Maledictus

I LOVE all of you and your new jobs!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

I'm 4.5 mos into my new job and every day I am happy.  Even when I'm overwhelmed or sitting with the suits, I'm so happy.

I'm sooooo happy for all of you.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Soo tired.  Going to get to gym tomorrow for first time this week.

On the plus side,

I'm in an office of 25 people.  It's a hedge fund so they lay on free food to encourage you to stay in the office 24/7.  My heart sank a bit at that as I've put on so much weight the few times I've been in offices like that.  Went in the kitchen today just before a delivery and there was only stuff left in the snack drawer :(

... almonds, macadamias, protein balls, energy bars ...

turns out at least 15 of them run regularly and at least five have run a marathon.  They didn't say anything to me about it at interview "because I didn't look the type" (bust rib at the time and no exercise plus lots of comfort food)

Then the food turned up and there was a lot of salad, fish, chicken etc.  I think this is the first place where I could stick to my diet and not be the anti-social wierdo.

• Like 3

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Cheers for healthy office food! It's all chocolate and doughnuts at my office.

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

... plus my gym had a set of muscle up rings added today.  I haz a happy.

although my coach and the gym owner have fallen out so the coach has walked off and isn't replying to texts from me - so I don't know what to do about that.

the gym owner is trying to get me to give his crossfit mad new hire a tryout (hence the new muscle up rings)... not sure.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

1907287_438074756335995_9741211720045514

Chocolate bacon.  Do I need to say anything else?

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

100%
100%

100.0%
100.0%
110%
110%

Thanks for that link. Now I feel like running. But since I'm stuck at a track meet watching kids run, I'm sharing this with them between events.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines