The Time is Now.

Hello, I'm new the NF community. My name is Jason, I live in KC, MO. I'm finally going back to school (29 years old). I'm currently an online college student working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Network Administration. I'm a total nerd when it comes to technology and playing video games. I'm also a huge sports fan. I'm not quite sure yet which guild I will be part of after this first challenge, still thinking on that. 

Main Quest:

-Lose weight and add strength while getting my weight down to 180. 

Goals:

-Do a total of 15 AngryBirds bodweight workouts

-Do a total of 15 cardio workouts

-Continue not eating fast food, drinking pop, or eating sugary candy

Life Side Quest:

-Complete all my college classes in my current term (ends at the end of February and still have 2 papers to write and a test to take) and hit the ground running in the next term so I'm not cramming at the very end.

Motivation:

-Tired of being slower than others on the basketball court

Now I need to go work on my signature. Any pointers on making it look super cool like some on here would be appreciated. 

• Like 3

JStandiford21

Level 0

Assassin

|STR: 0|DEX: 0|STA: 0|CON: 0|WIS: 0|CHA: 0|

Challenges: 1st | 2nd

Accountabilibuddies Squad: Let's Do This!

Weight Loss Goal (180 from 206)

0%
0%

Bodyweight Workouts

6.6%
6.6%

Cardio Workouts

0%
0%

Sweet. What part of Missouri? Yes we can do this! Also I created a team called Let's Do This on that accountabilibuddies spreadsheet if anyone wants to join.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JStandiford21

Level 0

Assassin

0%
0%

Bodyweight Workouts

6.6%
6.6%

Cardio Workouts

0%
0%

I'm also completely new to NF. Newbies unite! XD Just like Wells said, we can totally do this!

Just as a tip, try 'cramming' at the beginning of the semester (taking care not to stress yourself) and the final section of class will be SO much more enjoyable. You punch procrastination in the face by doing that!  :playful:

• Like 1

I waited till I was almost 10 years older than you before I went back to school ;) (also online, still in going for my masters) you got this! Good luck with your goals!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: it's all routine

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 64

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Welcome and good luck with your first challenge! If you want to, you can add a description on how you plan to grade your separate goals and also how the main challenge grade will be composed. :) 

Right on, Let's do this bluecarfuffle, You can do this!  Glad to have you on the team. 

Thank you Mdowning, what number challenge are you on?  And yes, its not too far.  

Nice to meet you also ohlemontine, and welcome to the newbs :) .   And Idk what Moloko is, haha. 

JStandiford21

Level 0

Assassin

0%
0%

Bodyweight Workouts

6.6%
6.6%

Cardio Workouts

0%
0%

Right on man.   And yea I've been tagged as an Assassin, and I love the Assassins Creed games and my one fantasy football team names is Gridiron Assassins so that may be the direction I head in. haha.   yes, I do bodyweight workouts. I've never done climbing but might like to try it sometime.  What is parkour?

JStandiford21

Level 0

Assassin

0%
0%

Bodyweight Workouts

6.6%
6.6%

Cardio Workouts

0%
0%

Also a newbie, nice to meet you, really just had to stop in because I had to tell you, your topic name will make me have to listen to Moloko EVERY TIME I see it, I already know xDD

Had the same experience, saw the name of the title and sang the song in my head! :D Love that song! It's stuck in my brain right now!

@JStandiford21: Wish you a good start for your challenge and I hope we'll see us all in the assassins guild in 6 weeks!

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

@ohlemontine  I will have to watch that video when I get a chance.  I tend to like female led bands. :)

@maenumania  thank you, and good luck on your challenge as well. And yes, we shall kick this first challenge's ass and meet up in the assassins guild!

JStandiford21

Level 0

Assassin

0%
0%

Bodyweight Workouts

6.6%
6.6%

Cardio Workouts

0%
0%

The time is now, let's do this!   Time to get off to a great start on Day 1.  I will be working on my life side quest all day today trying to get a paper done for English.  I will be doing my bodyweight workout later today.    

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

JStandiford21

Level 0

Assassin

0%
0%

Bodyweight Workouts

6.6%
6.6%

Cardio Workouts

0%
0%

@Waanie & Bluecarfuffle  glad to have you 2 on the Accountabilibuddies squad with me!    How is this going to work?  Do we just check in on each others threads to give motivation and see how we are doing.   Looks like we have another member Cargo Crabs in with us too. 

JStandiford21

Level 0

Assassin

0%
0%

Bodyweight Workouts

6.6%
6.6%

Cardio Workouts

0%
0%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines