Tutorial Complete. Time to Level Up...First Challenge

LeCase19

This is my first challenge, so I’m going to start simple. “Slow and steady…†right? Thus my main quest is quite simple but covers all that I want to do:

Quest: Lose weight and eat healthier

At the moment I’m floating around 270/280 so I have a long way to go. I would say one of my small goals would to bike every couple days but with 12 plus inches of snow outside ( :cold:) that’s not going to happen for at least a month. So instead…

Goal 1: Do the beginner body-weight workout at least 3 times a week.

I've tried this out this week and I can say I definitely feel the results in my sore legs and arms.

Goal 2: Eat at least one serving of vegetables/fruit 4/7 days of the week

I live at home and I cannot say that my parents make the bust grocery decisions so I’ll have to get on them out it.

Goal 3: By the end of the six weeks, I will eat when I’m hungry

I’m terrible at this. I snack when I’m bored. This will be the hardest.  :nightmare:

Life Quest

Stipple a picture (each) for my niece’s birthday which comes up in April.

Motivation:

I want to start losing weight for myself. :wub: My family has a long and high risk history of diabetes and I don’t want to be the next one in line if I can help it. Also by losing weight I can take a lot of stress off my feet (one is a club foot). I work as a cashier right now and even standing for more than 4 hours can really make them hurt. Sometimes I have a hard time walking the next day if I overdo it. Time for a change!

• Like 2

n O.o b   eyes.

Wonderful goals! good luck with them, and welcome!!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CUTE isn't cutting it!

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 69

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

You have great goals! Have fun working out and make yourself eat right! Soon your body will change and be happier and healthier and it will be less difficult to stop the mindless snacking! = double win :D 

The mindless snacking is a hard one! Good luck!!

I wish I had a trick to help, but I'm currently having to be very conscious of when I eat for that very reason. I just take solace in that most of the "snacky" things at the house are things I don't eat anymore. Update us if you find an easier way!

Jerem The Great

Level 0 Satyr. Warrior at heart, training with the Recruits
STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0 

Good luck on your goals!  We have pretty similar goals.  Snacking out of boredom is a huge weakness for me too!  One thing to try is to have plenty of healthy snacks at the ready, so that when you do get the urge, you can nosh on a banana, some celery, almonds, or cottage cheese.  That's what i'll be trying to do.  Certainly not the same as salt and vinegar chips or a block cheese, but it's better than nothing! I hope you enjoy your first challenge!  :peaceful:

Good luck! I have a habit of snacking when bored or watching a show too. I've found it helps to keep my hands busy on something else, either working on a project or playing piano. I'm usually too lazy to work on a project unless it's right there next to me (like keeping my crochet project next to the couch), but once I have yarn out I don't want food on my hands. The piano is between the couch and the kitchen, so if I start playing on the way to the fridge, I end up playing for a long time instead of snacking.

Aspiring Master Artisan and Ballerina

Sounds like some challenges. You can do it though! Best thing I've found for preventing snacking is not having them in sight. If your living in home, ask people if they can keep their snack foods in their rooms/in cupboards, etc. 

Ideally, not having them in the house is the best option, but often not much choice :/

Good luck with your goals! :D

"You can do it. I believe in you."

Logs: (insert here)

Challenge: (n/a until next starts)

A big THANKS to everyone that posted! Am real excited for the next 6 weeks.

Day One:

Goal 1 - Beginner body-weight workout [1/3]

I must say my legs feel a bit jello-y (curse you lunges *waves angry fist in the air*).

Goal 2 - Vegetables/Fruit Servings [1/7]

Cut up and ate a good chunk of fresh pineapple, very delicious.

Goal 3 - Eat when hungry

Pending...Its only been a few hours.

• Like 2

n O.o b   eyes.

Just curious, how will you handle goal #3?  Generally if you are a boredom snacker, you should try to replace that habit with a new habit or healthy alternative. So either drink tea, or snack on something healthy, or read when you want to boredom eat- just something as a substitute can greatly help crush that bad habit.

Week One [complete]

Goal 1 - Beginner body-weight workout [3/3]

Goal 2 - Vegetables/Fruit Servings [4/7]

Goal 3 - Eat when hungry

Did okay. I did do a bit of unneeded snacking when a lovely pie arrived at the house and I just ate dinner.

In response to Teros:  I've been trying to drink more water/tea when I feel like snacking. I'm a horrible drinker, in that I don't do it. I could go all day with only a few sips of anything. So not only does goal 3 help me cut down on unnecessary eating but it also gets me drinking (which I probably should do more of for my poor kidneys. They need water too.)

• Like 1

n O.o b   eyes.

Week Two:

Goal 1 - Beginner body-weight workout [1/3]

Focusing on proper form. Push-ups (still on half push-ups) and lunges are the worst so far. I will conquer them one day!

Goal 2 - Vegetables/Fruit Servings [1/7]

Cut up and ate a good chunk of fresh pineapple, very delicious.

Goal 3 - Eat when hungry

Been eating big breakfasts (which are the best, I love eggs  :wub: ). These always fill me up for long parts of the day and so if I do get board I've been focusing on drinking water or tea. By dinner I'm hungry but not overindulgent.

n O.o b   eyes.

Week One [complete]

Goal 1 - Beginner body-weight workout [2/3] Didn't do all three, went swimming on the day I was supposed to though. So still go some workout.

Goal 2 - Vegetables/Fruit Servings [4/7]

Goal 3 - Eat when hungry Did avoid excess snacking, but had to eat out when I went on my weekend vacation (I did have a salad with dinner though - small wins!)

• Like 1

n O.o b   eyes.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines