Sambalina Tries to Recover

Sambalina

Thanks guys - I'm starting to really love it. It's such a change from the long no-real-style-at-all that I've had for the past little while. I feel kind of re-vamped :D

So, I had my second therapy session yesterday, and my therapist wanted to try some art therapy. I'd never done that before and ended up drawing/painting this kind of diagram thing about my fears surrounding feeling negative emotions (and the idea that I'll get caught in an endless loop of it). We explored that for a while, she helped me see that because of the way I am, I can almost certainly deal with bed feelings in a constructive way, and I'm now supposed to write down any negative emotions that I have and how they make me think/feel. It was a positive session. I haven't booked another one though. I'm not sure I need to keep going at this point, but I'll see how I feel.

Also, I had a date last night! With flirty hiking guy. We went to a jazz club in Seoul for drinks and it was a very nice date. He was totally normal! Friendly, funny, respectful. Certainly not the immediate fireworks I had with K.J, but I think that's a good thing. We did get jostled together on the very full train on the way home, and there were definitely some sparks there. I don't think I can handle anything too hot and heavy right now. It was a good date, and I'll probably see him again if he asks. 

What else? Got some pretty good deadlift DOMS from the gym yesterday. Dancing lesson tonight. First climbing lesson on Sunday.

Man, I am totally levelling up like a boss right now.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Hey guys,

Week 3 went well (it's week 4 now, right??). I've super busy with fun stuffs :) I've been to they gym twice this week, and am going again tomorrow. I feel like I'm getting back into the swing of lifting after not doing it properly for about two months. Much DOMS has resulted, but it feels good to be back on track. I've started back at level 1 of the NF academy barbell battalion, and will be moving to level 2 after 3 weeks.

My eating over the past two months has been WAY WAY off track. I'm ready now to begin the slow adjustments back to where I want to be. However, it's been a really interesting experiment. I've been eating a lot of stuff I think is unhealthy, like grains and sugars and processed crap, but have had a lot of energy. I was finding that my energy was flagging a bit on my pretty clean diet. Now, it might just be that spring is here, so I'm feeling more like moving, or I was perhaps restricting too much before? It's something I'm going to play around with. It could just be a calories thing, as I know I pretty much consistently undereat when eating clean because I have to eat so much to get the same amount of calories. Anyway, for the remainder of the challenge my focus is simply to eat more vegetables to replace some of the grains and sugar. Easy does it, and it shouldn't all fall apart :)

I'm extremely active at the moment, and feeling fantastic emotionally. I am so proud of myself for overcoming this and not throwing myself directly into a new relationship instead of properly dealing with the demise of the old one. I feel like I'm back on solid ground and stronger than ever. So, I am changing my walking goal into a business goal. By the end of the next three weeks I want to have launched my online bakery and have shipped my first lot of goods. I actually already have an order from a friend, but I'm not counting that :D

Tasks this week:

- Pricing

- Photos and descriptions on site

- test mail service + cost

Next week:

- Prep for food swap

- Launch site

- Plan future offerings

I'm attending a food swap on March 29, and am going to use it as a way to get my products and website out there. I'll be making not only cookies, but some candy as well, and packaging them up with my logo and web address :) Pretty exciting!

And on a personal note, I have a second date with flirty hiking guy on Saturday. He invited me out for lunch and a walk around the Seoul Zoo. I am looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Sounds to me like not enough calories previously Sam, eat more red meat, avo's, eggs and nuts.

Site sounds exciting, look forward to seeing a link....

Zoo is a good date I think, stuff to look at in case you get breaks in the conversation but no rush or schedule so you can chat, gets my vote ;)

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Were you eating low carb before?  Sometimes it affects people that way, it's not for everyone.  So if you were, you could always consider bumping up your carb macro slightly.

And it's great to see you in such a wonderful frame of mind.  Just keep taking it one step at a time.  :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Hey guys - I wasn't super low carb - around 100-150g a day, but that might be 'too low' for me. I will experiment! 

But not for a few days... I caught an awful tummy bug and was totally bed-ridden or throwing up yesterday. It was awful! I'm feeling much better today, but still weak. So, I didn't get my third gym session in, but not much I can do about it. Ew!!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

love the new haircut and also that you're bouncing back just the way we knew you would :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hey Guys! Well, the weekend was a bit less fun than it could have been due to lingering nausea, but I got over the worst of the tummy bug on Friday. I had to skip two gym sessions because it left me so weak! But, I'm going today after work. Today I'm also going social dancing for the first time! I'm kind of nervous because I've only been learning to dance for a month and a half, but hopefully it'll be a blast. I'm going with my dance teacher and a friend or two from class :)

I'm not getting to the gym as much as I have previously, but I'm so active with other things like dance and climbing, that I think it's ok. Right now meeting new people and getting in some activity is maybe more important to my health than solo gym time. I am still lifting twice a week, so at least I shouldn't be going too much further backwards.

My date on the weekend was fun. We went to a nice place for lunch and then headed to the zoo. When we got there we found it was shut down due to bird flu! Luckily the zoo is in a huge park with lakes, chairlifts, art museums, and even a theme park! So, we went walking, on the chair lift and to the modern art museum. Haha, if you want to find out if someone has a sense of humour, go to a modern art museum! It's fun interpreting all the art :D While it was a fun date, and he held my hand, it wasn't super exciting for me. I don't know if it should be? I know I still miss KJ, but it's more of a background occasional thing. I guess I just need to take it all slowly, date around, and relax :)

Anyway, diet is going well -improving slowly. Exercise is good. And my website is ready to launch at a food event I'm attending this weekend :) I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with the 'homepage', so any suggestions (on any of it!) are welcome.

Love you guys.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Haha, Dom! I don't think Oz customs would let them through :D Thank you both for the encouragement though.

I had an truly awesomely awful day food-wise yesterday. Two doughnuts, and a HUGE bowl of brownies and ice cream, and an ice block at various times during the day. Today is going to be much better. I had paleo pancakes for breakfast, have got chicken soup for lunch, and bbq meat and veg for dinner.

I got the the gym this morning. It was a struggle, but I knew I'd feel better if I went. I had a wee emotional re-lapse yesterday afternoon and spent a few hours out on a big walk trying to 'blow out the cobwebs' as my dad says. I've been hit with a middle-sized case of 'I want him back', which isn't too bad, but it is making me feel a bit crap. Luckily I have dance tonight and a dinner party tomorrow. Two really busy days, so I won't have much time to think (or worse - text!).

Hmm... I'm hungry...

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

i know i'm a bit late on this, but i know where you're coming from. bad break ups are not only taxing but seem to linger in the emotional field for a long time. if you ever need to bitch, gripe, complain, vent, or anything else. i'm more than glad to listen/read. 

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines