Red Faces the Revenge of the Skeleton Demon

Red1263

Red and his Band of Brothers were leaving the Library of the Ancients, heading to the nearest town to find some tranquility, but when they got there, the town was abandoned, not a soul around... not a living one, that is. For, the ground burst opened to reveal a Skeleton demon. "At LAST! You've COME! Now, I can EXACT my REVENGE!" The Band of Brothers looked at each other in confusion. "Uhhh... What are you talking about? We have no idea who you are." "GAHhhh... is THAT so? TAKE a GOOD look AT me! I'VE defeated YOU before WITH my MASTER present, BUT now I shall KILL you ALONE! I AM YOUR DOOM!" The Band of Brothers draw their weapons to face this monster.

*cue Boss Battle Theme*

"Alright, does anyone know what this guy's talking about?!" "Nope!" "Not a clue!" "FOOLS! You WILL die IN your IGNORANCE! Especiialy YOU Red!" The Demon slams his fist into the ground and Skeleton hands rise up to grab the Band of Brothers. Red was able to jump out of the way, and see that Skeletons have arisen from the ground. "Uh oh!" "I got this!" Red slashes at the Skeleton Demon causing him to jump back, while GC and Blue free themselves, "Heh, looks like we're surrounded." "I'll take care of this guy and you guys handle the skeletons that are behind us!" "Right!"

'OK Red, obviously this guy knows you from somewhere! So it looks like you're going to have to change things up a bit to defeat him!'

1. Menos Tiempo! Alright, I'm already running a 5K and my time was 37:01, so now I've gotta shorten my time two-fold! I'll start by shortening my 1 mile time and then I'll shorten my overall 5K time! Current Times: 1 mile: 10:19; 5K: 37:01. Sta +4
  2. Otra Vez! If I was defeated before, then that means that I have to relearn something I've failed before! I'll re-attempt my Handstand! I should be able to Kick-up into a Handstand and then work towards freestanding Handstand! Currently at Wall-Handstands. Str +2, Sta +1
  3. Adaptar! This guy is moving like nothing I've seen before! I will have to learn to adapt and face each challenge 6 Rebels will give me! I don't know what skills he possesses, but if I can match them and beat them then he's finished! Points awarded depending on the Challenge +5
  4. Conocer el Esqueleto! There must be a weak point to this Demon, I know! I'll re-learn the Skeleton anatomy by studying my books and notes and then I'll find his weak spot! Currently at random memory. Wis +3

32.png  VS   Partysurrounded.png   VS   4f7aa1db-d8ea-44a1-8b56-d9eaba675819.gif4f7aa1db-d8ea-44a1-8b56-d9eaba675819.gif4f7aa1db-d8ea-44a1-8b56-d9eaba675819.gif

For the 3rd goal! I'd like to ask 5 of you guys to give me an additional goal to work on, one for each week, and on the 6th Week, I'll think of something interesting. So if you want to help me with this goal, please post something, I've only got access to a limited amount of equipment, so if I can't do something you've offered, I'll let you know.

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Hum ....... looking at stats ...... how's your diet?

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

You got a Hammer? Blunt trauma weapons are better for braining skeletons than slashing or piercing weapons.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Nice goals! A tip for picking up speed on the 5k: find some hills, run up them, then do it some more. I hate hills about as much as I can hate anything, but I can't deny that once I started running a hilly route, my times started to plummet. And good luck with (re)learning the human skeleton. There was a point in time where I knew most of them (or rather, I knew the ones in a bird skeleton, and the names are mostly the same as in a human, so I just mentally translated), but alas, no longer.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Watch out for those wrist bones, they'll get ya every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Well there's going to be 6 weekly minichallenges for the -Battle of Sodamus- so I'll cast my vote as that.

You know, that just might be it.

Hum ....... looking at stats ...... how's your diet?

Heh heh, Horrible! I'm not Paleo, and I've no resources to really do a healthier diet, the best I can do, diet-wise is drink more water :P

How much are looking at increasing your speed? Looks like a good challenge. I'll try and think of something to challenge you with. Good luck!

Hmm... God question. I'm not sure, Maybe at best, shave off a minute or so off my 1-mile, and try to get my 5K time under/around 30 mins.

You got a Hammer? Blunt trauma weapons are better for braining skeletons than slashing or piercing weapons.

Alas, I do not, :(

Nice goals! A tip for picking up speed on the 5k: find some hills, run up them, then do it some more. I hate hills about as much as I can hate anything, but I can't deny that once I started running a hilly route, my times started to plummet. And good luck with (re)learning the human skeleton. There was a point in time where I knew most of them (or rather, I knew the ones in a bird skeleton, and the names are mostly the same as in a human, so I just mentally translated), but alas, no longer.

I run on a treadmill, although the machines do have an incline feature that I will now take advantage of! Heh heh, I can vaguely remember the large ones, but I need to basically re-learn them all :P

Watch out for those wrist bones, they'll get ya every time.

I think I remember a dirty acronym to help me remember the Wrist bones, if I can find it in my notes, I'll post it here :P

I've crushed many a skull with my warhammer. They do an extra 50% damage to undead so listen to this man.

Ha ha ha, Alas, all I have is just my Iron Sword.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

You feel like taking a stroll around town to get some fresh air and get rid of the queasy feeling that's in the pit of your stomach. There has been talk of small green monsters scampering around at night. Townsfolk are required to keep to themselves and stay in their homes at night. The issue is 'under investigation.'

Yeah, okay.  Last night you overheard a drunk man babbling about 'Surdermuz coming back.'  Whatever that means.

While on your stroll you see a man with a scraggly beard and nearly shoulder-length frizzed hair spouting like a madman.  He's yelling at the local salesmen and you're intrigued.

The man yells, "EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE EVIL ONE- SODAMUS HAS RETURNED!  HALF THE CALORIES?  0 GRAMS OF TRANS FAT?  THOSE ARE SALES PITCHES BUT ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS LOOK AT THE PRODUCT ITSELF TO SEE IT'S A LIE!  IF ANY OF YOU ARE BRAVE ENOUGH TO GET TO THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM HERE, I WILL BE AT THE ADVENTURER'S TAVERN AT 5 P.M. TONIGHT!"

That was all the man said before the guards grabbed him by the arms and threw him to the ground.

"THEY'RE SODAMUS' MINIONS!  THOSE GREEN RAT-BASTARDS THAT ARE SNAKING AROUND AT NIGHT!"

"Pipe down or you'll get the ax," yelled a guard.  "Off with ya. It's too early to be hitting the pub with your drunken ravings."

"THE TAVERN! TONIGHT! I HAVE PROOF!" the man yelled as he fled.

The man wasn't staggering around or slurring his words. He didn't seem drunk, just really panicked. Maybe you should check out the tavern later...

Tavern=http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44448-rpg-fanatics-guild-battle-of-demon-king-sodamus/

more TONIGHT

Then wave your iron sword around.  :playful:

As you don't have a hammer, then I second Teros' suggestion.

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Done!

Then wave your iron sword around.  :playful:

As you don't have a hammer, then I second Teros' suggestion.

D'oh! I meant Iron Sword metaphorically! And that's two for the Sodamus, so I might do that.

Sub'd and if I can think of anything then you'll get a challenge from me.

Awesome theme as always Red

Thanks Mdowning, and... Thanks!

Ohh we're both running! Kick ass this challenge Red :) No more sickness mkay.

Ha ha ha, Right! No more getting sick!

Good luck Red, hope you goals go well!

Thanks KingLeeroy! I'm glad to have you on my thread!

Looks good dude. :)

Lion-O! I'm honored to have you here!

So I forgot to clear up one thing, For my running goal, my plan to shorten my time is this:

• Run the 1-mile in as fast a time as possible
  • run for 5 minutes straight with 2 minutes walking break
  • Increase Incline at some point in the run
  • test at 3 weeks and 6 weeks.

I'm running on a Treadmill at my local gym, for the record.

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Much handstand goodness to be had! And great goal in trying to improve your run time, good luck! :)

Hey Red! Good luck with the skeleton. Maybe I can help with some humerus puns?

Nice :P

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

Looks like you're facing multiple demons this challenge! Good luck :). Destroy that handstand!

You got it, Ravnos! Hopefully I can beat them all!

Super excited to be battling Sodamus with you!  One of my goals is to run my 5k faster too!  =)

The feeling's mutual, lilbichy! We can help each other run faster on the 5k!

looking forward to watching you broadswipe those demons with your sword!

Thanks Ladywildross!

When I saw your Goal 4 I was really glad that I didn't have to take anatomy class in college!! lol

The band of brothers will take down this monster! 

Ha ha ha, Let's hope so!

Hey Red! Good luck with the skeleton. Maybe I can help with some humerus puns?

Heya Sea Level! It's a pleasure to have you on my thread! Ha ha ha, "Humerus puns" That's a good one!

Much handstand goodness to be had! And great goal in trying to improve your run time, good luck! :)

Nice :tongue:

Thanks Raevn! I'm honored to have you here on my thread!

Ahhh, Day 1! This is going to be great! So earlier today, I started my Skeleton studying and I've been able to recall from memory so far (I give you my word):

• There are 3 Skeletal cartilages: Hyline, Elastic, Fibrocartilage
  • Hyline is divided into 4: Arctiulate (general cartilage), Costal (the Ribs), Respiratory (the cartilage around the Larynx), and Nasal (Nose cartilage)
  • there are 12 ribs: 1-7 are attached to the Sternum, 8-10 are connected to 7, and 11 & 12 are floating/false ribs
  • there are 5 joints: Gliding (like your wrist), Hinge (elbow), Ball-and-socket (Shoulder), Pivot (skull & neck), and Immovable (hip bones)
  • They grow in 2 fashions: Appositional (on the outside) and Interstitial (on the inside)

Now in terms of exercising, I always do Zombie Run missions I've done:

• Running: 1 mile - 8:25; 5K - 34:04
  • Chest Press: 25*5, 105*5, 155*5*5sets
  • Leg Press: 25*5, 105*5, 155*5*5sets
  • Wide-grip Pull-ups: 8, 3, 3

I forgot to do the Planks, but I'll cover them tomorrow along with some Handstand practice!

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Yea - another zombie runner!!

Wow - anatomy is combing along well.  Keep it up!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines