In Which Raevn Feels Uncreative

Raevn

Hello everyone! So my body decided to celebrate the ending of the last challenge by getting really, really sick this whole last week. But no matter, it's time to make my new challenge! I don't have much choice in what I can do while I'm still deployed, so it's going to be mostly a repeat of my last one with some tweaks.

Main Quest:  Be awesome at handstands!

Goal 1: 5 minutes of handstand work a day. I'm going to finish getting my freestanding handstand down, and then switch to working on freestanding handstand pushups. I'm hoping to get at least one by the end of the challenge.

Goal 2: Stretch work towards splits every day! Again, not really anything to do with handstands, but it's awesome and I always feel great after each torture session. I also think this is playing a big part in why I haven't had as much problem with my squats as I did last time I was lifting a couple years ago, which is awesome. So, that's two awesomes in one goal... awesome?

Goal 3: Before deploying, I had been doing intermittent fasting a la leangains for a long time. Since being here, I've stopped doing that. Not because I had to, but because there's always tons of food just right there, in front of my face. All the time. So its time to start back up! Eat lunch and dinner, skip breakfast. (See, I'm not completely copying my previous challenge!)

Life Quest: To make up for having such an uncreative challenge, I'm going to be setting aside time to sit down and write 200 words every day. I've always wanted to start doing something like this, might as well start now!

The grading for the first two goals will be the same as last time, with A = 7 days a week, B= 6 days a week, and so on. For goal three though, I'm going to be a little more slack in my grading and have an A = 6 days, B = 4 days, C = 3 Days, D = 2 Days. I know it will be tough to get used to it again, but I can do it :)

Edit: To make my writings easier to find for those who care to read them, I'll be posting the links to the posts here under the spoiler tag.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10

• Like 5

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

Deal! Only mobility/flexibility work could hurt so bad but feel so good. :victorious:

Raevn

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

I love this challenge!  Will you be posting snippets of your writing?

That depends on how I feel about them :P (probably not!)

Oooooh splits training, nice!

Awesome! Lol

No social goal?.......

Thanks! I'm still keeping that last social goal in mind, but I'm not tracking it this time. In fact, I just got back from a decent conversation during dinner :D
  • Like 1

Raevn

Challenges 1 | 2

You got social, with the RPG Fanatics. You can also practice your fiction writing in the Sodamus campaign. See two goals in one. Awesome.

Now let's kill us a demon king.

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

good luck on this new challenge

Thanks!

Not tracking social huh, just so I won't give you crap! Lol

Uh oh, you caught me!

You got social, with the RPG Fanatics. You can also practice your fiction writing in the Sodamus campaign. See two goals in one. Awesome.

Now let's kill us a demon king.

Hmm, good point :)

• Like 1

Raevn

Challenges 1 | 2

Pretty advanced with the handbalancing goals :) How far away do you feel now to holding a freestanding handstand for enough seconds to do stuff like push-ups? I'm working on these too (handstands and handstand walking) so I'm interested to learn from the progress of others doing similar things

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

freestanding handstand pushups = Beast mode

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Do you follow a program for your split goal?

Sort of. I use the list of stretches here three days a week after doing my gym workout, and finish it off with splits progression. The other four days I do my stretches before bed and after handstand practice, but with some different ones because of the lack of benches/chairs.

Pretty advanced with the handbalancing goals :) How far away do you feel now to holding a freestanding handstand for enough seconds to do stuff like push-ups? I'm working on these too (handstands and handstand walking) so I'm interested to learn from the progress of others doing similar things

Before I got sick, I was at the point where I could reliably kick up to a handstand and balance for 5ish seconds. It's been a while since I've done any due to congestion pain, but I should still be able to kick up. I just need to do extra work on the balance part again. Good luck on yours :)

freestanding handstand pushups = Beast mode

Right?? I can't wait til I'm able to do them :D

Raevn

Challenges 1 | 2

You feel like taking a stroll around town to get some fresh air and get rid of the queasy feeling that's in the pit of your stomach. There has been talk of small green monsters scampering around at night. Townsfolk are required to keep to themselves and stay in their homes at night. The issue is 'under investigation.'

Yeah, okay.  Last night you overheard a drunk man babbling about 'Surdermuz coming back.'  Whatever that means.

While on your stroll you see a man with a scraggly beard and nearly shoulder-length frizzed hair spouting like a madman.  He's yelling at the local salesmen and you're intrigued.

The man yells, "EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE EVIL ONE- SODAMUS HAS RETURNED!  HALF THE CALORIES?  0 GRAMS OF TRANS FAT?  THOSE ARE SALES PITCHES BUT ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS LOOK AT THE PRODUCT ITSELF TO SEE IT'S A LIE!  IF ANY OF YOU ARE BRAVE ENOUGH TO GET TO THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM HERE, I WILL BE AT THE ADVENTURER'S TAVERN AT 5 P.M. TONIGHT!"

That was all the man said before the guards grabbed him by the arms and threw him to the ground.

"THEY'RE SODAMUS' MINIONS!  THOSE GREEN RAT-BASTARDS THAT ARE SNAKING AROUND AT NIGHT!"

"Pipe down or you'll get the ax," yelled a guard.  "Off with ya. It's too early to be hitting the pub with your drunken ravings."

"THE TAVERN! TONIGHT! I HAVE PROOF!" the man yelled as he fled.

The man wasn't staggering around or slurring his words. He didn't seem drunk, just really panicked. Maybe you should check out the tavern later...

Tavern=http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44448-rpg-fanatics-guild-battle-of-demon-king-sodamus/

more TONIGHT

More torture exercises.. yay... :'(

Torture, yes... but! Seeing the constant progress on them more than makes up for the torture and for the super slow pace of split progression!

Raevn

Challenges 1 | 2

You got some awesome momentum going with your handstands last challenge.  I have no doubt you'll get to that handstand pushup by the end of this thing.

Glad to see I'm not the only one working on some IF, too!  I did a lot of that on ship back when, when it was "sleep>food".

You'll have to forgive me if I occasionally pester you about talking to folks and having dessert this challenge. :D

• Like 1
"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]

You'll have to forgive me if I occasionally pester you about talking to folks and having dessert this challenge. :D

Aww man, first Sarah and now you! I guess I better keep it up then :P

First day today, and I'm still feeling a bit sick and congested... but I'm still going to try to do everything today in order to start this thing out right.

• Like 4

Raevn

Challenges 1 | 2

Hello everyone! So my body decided to celebrate the ending of the last challenge by getting really, really sick this whole last week. But no matter, it's time to make my new challenge! I don't have much choice in what I can do while I'm still deployed, so it's going to be mostly a repeat of my last one with some tweaks.

Main Quest:  Be awesome at handstands!

Goal 1: 5 minutes of handstand work a day. I'm going to finish getting my freestanding handstand down, and then switch to working on freestanding handstand pushups. I'm hoping to get at least one by the end of the challenge.

Goal 2: Stretch work towards splits every day! Again, not really anything to do with handstands, but it's awesome and I always feel great after each torture session. I also think this is playing a big part in why I haven't had as much problem with my squats as I did last time I was lifting a couple years ago, which is awesome. So, that's two awesomes in one goal... awesome?

Goal 3: Before deploying, I had been doing intermittent fasting a la leangains for a long time. Since being here, I've stopped doing that. Not because I had to, but because there's always tons of food just right there, in front of my face. All the time. So its time to start back up! Eat lunch and dinner, skip breakfast. (See, I'm not completely copying my previous challenge!)

Life Quest: To make up for having such an uncreative challenge, I'm going to be setting aside time to sit down and write 200 words for four days out of the week. I've always wanted to start doing something like this, might as well start now!

The grading for the first two goals will be the same as last time, with A = 7 days a week, B= 6 days a week, and so on. For goal three though, I'm going to be a little more slack in my grading and have an A = 6 days, B = 4 days, C = 3 Days, D = 2 Days. I know it will be tough to get used to it again, but I can do it :)

That's pretty awesome! I'm hoping to work on handstands eventually, but I'm still trying to build up a very basic level of strength and stability.

Just out of curiosity, what do you plan on writing? I currently have daily writing goals (pretty much to just do Something daily) to progress on writing a novel.

A. Pike

****This is a semi-automated message from your fruity overlord guild leader.****

Hello and welcome to the assassin guild! I am Apfelstrudi and I'm one of your guild leader. First of all, I want to thank you for having chosen our guild as your first one, it makes us really happy and proud. I really hope you will enjoy being with us and that you will find here all the support you need.

What you need to know.

Whatever you do, remember that your challenge is your priority. Mini-challenges, guild activities, PVP are not mandatory. They are here for you to have fun, discover new exercises, have some friendly competitions but they must not hinder your progresses. If a mini-challenge seems too overwhelming for you, just don't do it.

Being here with us will give you access to many other not mandatory activities, aka:

- Skill mini-challenge. The skill mini-challenge will start on Monday, February 24 and will last the whole challenge (aka 6 weeks). As the name may suggest, you will be asked to work on a skill over the course of the challenge.

- Mini-challenges: Every other Mondays (usually), a new mini-challenge will be published. These one lasts one week and will ask you to do some special exercises. Each mini-challenge can reward you some stat points after completions. More information will be displayed in the mini-challenges threads!

- PVP. PVP are competitions started by other members of the rebellion. If you enjoy measuring yourself to other, they may be the right thing for you. So, don't forget to check the PVP forum (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/189-pvp-challenges/) to find or even make your own PVP! Remember to read the rules (http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33330-pvp-challenge-rules/) though  :)

What I expect from you!

Consistency, awesomeness and regular updates. One update at the end of the challenge won't do, we want to be able to see you are still here with us. One Update a week is a minimum. More would be even better  :)

Don't stay by yourself. If you want people to follow your thread and support you, you may have to do the same. You will probably find many people who share the same goals as you, go visit their thread, cheer on them and they will probably do the same.

If you want to find people that work towards the same goals as you, have a look at our assassin phonebook: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44718-the-assassin-phonebook/

Make sure you subscribe to the announcement thread:

And if you don't want to subscribe, make at least sure you read it once a week. It is usually updated on Monday/Tuesday to present the new mini-challenge and Assassin most wanted list.

Don't stay by yourself bis! The assassin's den is open to all, you have funny gifs to share, a story to tell, needs some advices or just want a place to chat? The Assassin's den is the place to go (also, we have parkour corgis, ninja cats and killer sloth)!

What else?

If you have any problems, questions or suggestions for the guild, feel free to send your guild leaders a PM. Also, we are still looking for journalists to work on the weekly most wanted list. The job is quite simple albeit a bit time consuming. PM Apfelstrudi for more details.

Sorry for the wall of text! I wish you luck for this challenge!  :D

****This was a semi-automated message from your fruity overlord guild leader.****

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines