Ems 8.0. Hey girl, let's get back to basics.

Ems

70c6d64e159b1a31a45d23a79305f218b538218f  

WELL MAYBE NOT THAT BASIC RYAN...

Hey sexy nerd peeps!

So the last few months have been...challenging. I got injured in November and that derailed things for a long time. Christmas followed and my journey down the road of eat all the things has been a costly one. However, I have had my freak out pity party and it is time to move forward...by looking back. I've been rereading some of my previous successful challenges to see what made them successful. Those things are - keeping it simple, and tracking all the way through. 

MAIN QUEST: MORE MUSCLE. LESS FAT.

I have seen and felt in myself the different body composition can make. Steve is right, diet really is 90% of the battle. With that in mind, the focus of this challenge is correct nutrition. My PT has put together a new meal plan (Paleo/Primal, very low carb, bit of dairy) for me which I've been following for the past 5 days, and I already feel so much better for it. I find it much easier to stick to something if I'm tracking it, so that will be part of this one goal.

#1. Hey girl, eat clean, track everything.

Follow the plan, and write it all down here (skip to end of thread for current posts). 42 days in the challenge so...

A = 42-38, B = 37 - 33, C = 32-28, D = 27-24, F = 20 or fewer. 

Side quest - Hey girl, post all the way to the end.

For the last couple of challenges my posting has been horrendous, starting off well and then drifting off towards the end, not being around for others, generally being a bit selfish and lazy. Part of this challenge will be to post regularly, grade appropriately and review weekly. I know its more important to do the things, than write about the things, but its much easier to track progress with consistent recording (duh!)

A - 6 reviews, food log for every day, at least one post on another thread per day

B - 4 reviews, food log for 30 days, four posts a week on other threads

C - 3 reviews, food log for 20 days, three posts a week on other threads

F - 2 reviews, food log for 10 days, two posts a week on other threads

5b278be8bf601a407a3707976290f7f5.jpg

THANKS RYAN.

That's all folks. Here's to a cracking six weeks with you lovely people.

P.S. Please feel free to scatter this thread liberally with Ryan-y goodness. It makes everyone happy, especially Dom and Mitch :)

hey-girl.gif

Level 11 Human Ranger

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

CURRENT CHALLENGE   1 2 3  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   DAILY BATTLE LOG     MOTIVATION

(Inventory: Fire Flower)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #26

I offer to you, as motivation for/ congratulations on your challenge this picture of the man you seem to adore

ryan-gosling-workout-abs.jpg

I know it says bro, but through the usage of our big sexy hominid brains (hominid brains are so awesome) it can say Hey girl instead... looking forward to your updates!

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

I offer to you, as motivation for/ congratulations on your challenge this picture of the man you seem to adore

I know it says bro, but through the usage of our big sexy hominid brains (hominid brains are so awesome) it can say Hey girl instead... looking forward to your updates!

Haha, thank you very much! I feel very motivated now, and thanks to my big sexy brain I can imagine the hey girl :) 

Level 11 Human Ranger

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

Lol.

Ems you're gonna do just great. You have it in you!!!

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Yes....you're here, I'm glad.

I need your support this time please, I'm a ranger this time and I need to get some ranger crew on my side. Pact is we both finish lighter than we start...mmkay?

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

Lol.

Ems you're gonna do just great. You have it in you!!!

Thanks B, been drifting a bit lately so will need some tough love this challenge, but I have a good feeling. Feels great to have you rooting for me you legend :)

• Like 1

Level 11 Human Ranger

Yes....you're here, I'm glad.

I need your support this time please, I'm a ranger this time and I need to get some ranger crew on my side. Pact is we both finish lighter than we start...mmkay?

I am indeed...I'm glad too.

Yes, here's to less of me and you by the end! I did find you in the Rangers after a while, you don't make it easy for a girl jumping about from guild to guild do you though?! I think you made the right choice for your focus this challenge though, and welcome to the Rangers! They are pretty awesome...mainly because I'm here but there are some other cool peeps too :playful:  

We're in this together buddy, all the way through!

Level 11 Human Ranger

Good day today, food was good and tracked. There is a little flexibility built into the plan which allows for some less healthy things on the weekends - just have to be vigilant not to let it turn into a 48 hour sweet fest! Don't worry Dom I won't, I promise.

Another good thing happened today. We had a new choreographer in to create and rehearse a new dance piece for shows next month, and he is brilliant, and he gave me a solo - yey! There is also a difficult lift in there, and thanks to all my training I was able to do it - whooo! Muscles for the win :)

• Like 1

Level 11 Human Ranger

Woooooooo! Nice going Ems. That's such a huge motivator and morale boost.

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Woooooooo! Nice going Ems. That's such a huge motivator and morale boost.

Thanks B! :)

Level 11 Human Ranger

Good day today, food was good and tracked. There is a little flexibility built into the plan which allows for some less healthy things on the weekends - just have to be vigilant not to let it turn into a 48 hour sweet fest! Don't worry Dom I won't, I promise.

Another good thing happened today. We had a new choreographer in to create and rehearse a new dance piece for shows next month, and he is brilliant, and he gave me a solo - yey! There is also a difficult lift in there, and thanks to all my training I was able to do it - whooo! Muscles for the win :)

that's a good idea....it's hard to eat right on the weekends...also muscles are awesome! I wish I had more....Congrats on the Solo!

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

that's a good idea....it's hard to eat right on the weekends...also muscles are awesome! I wish I had more....Congrats on the Solo!

It really works, and if I have low willpower moments during the week, I can tell myself that I can have x in 2 days or whatever. Recently though I've found that I'm not craving things as much, so even when I allow myself to eat it, I no longer want it :) Yeah they do come in handy, but I'm sure more will come to you in time! Thank you, I'm so pleased to have it, and I feel like I did it much better today than a couple of days ago, so its all progress.

Level 11 Human Ranger

Woooo! Subbing for Ryan-y goodness! ;)

Welcome aboard! I will not let you down!

Level 11 Human Ranger

Ryan-ryan-gosling-1878137-1143-1650.jpg

That's a great idea Ryan! Maybe for next challenge...

Level 11 Human Ranger

mmmmm chicken, chicken is delicious...you should definitely eat more, and it goes well in omelettes (some people call that sick.....I can see why, you're cooking adult chicken with baby chicken...it's kind of like eating a vendetta.....or hate)

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

mmmmm chicken, chicken is delicious...you should definitely eat more, and it goes well in omelettes (some people call that sick.....I can see why, you're cooking adult chicken with baby chicken...it's kind of like eating a vendetta.....or hate)

Hmmmm I never thought of chicken in an omelette, but I bet its pretty nommy, although I do understand the slightly weird chick/chicken combo.

Level 11 Human Ranger

Today was...fun and new and different! I had PT this morning, which included body composition testing - people, the numbers are going the right way! Weight was down 2lbs, body fat percentage was down 2% and muscle had gone up 1% (this is all within a week and a half). Happy Ems, nutrition really does work. After that we had a training day at work about dealing with challenging behaviour (from the young people we teach) which was really valuable and helpful. The choreographer I'd been working with for the past few days gave a talk about his journey from professional ballet dancer to heroin addict, to dance theatre company director working with addicts and professional dancers. It is hugely humbling and inspiring stuff. I'm on half term at the moment, so no classes, which meant I could go to the advanced conditioning session my PT runs on Tuesday evenings. So I went to that after work and it was awesome! As I was driving there I did have a moment of panic that, having had a session that morning, it would hurt like hell, and it was far from a walk in the park (45 minutes of hardcore circuits, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off x 3, with the occasional 1 minute rest, tyres, ropes, TRX, kettlebells, viprs and core work), it was totally possible! I am so proud of my body today. I have a PT session tomorrow morning, so will have to see how the body copes with that!

Food has not been brill today, bad planning on my part so ended up eating the buffet provided at work - sandwiches, cakes etc, but I will tailor the rest of my week to balance out these poor decisions. That said, I'm off to make some eggs. Hope everyone had a good day 2!

Level 11 Human Ranger

wow that choreographer sounds amazing.  Makes you look at your life in a different way when you meet with people like :)

My challenge

wow that choreographer sounds amazing.  Makes you look at your life in a different way when you meet with people like :)

Definitely.

Level 11 Human Ranger

Hey girl...your goals are awesome!

My posts always drop off after like week 3...I think I might have to borrow that goal as just a 'please do this!'

Also, for your enjoyment:

tumblr_mkl8giKajL1qztfoso1_1280.jpg

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Hey girl...your goals are awesome!

My posts always drop off after like week 3...I think I might have to borrow that goal as just a 'please do this!'

Also, for your enjoyment:

tumblr_mkl8giKajL1qztfoso1_1280.jpg

Thank you, yeah me too, bad things happen after Week 3! And I would love to be the special sauce! :) 

Level 11 Human Ranger

Today was...fun and new and different! I had PT this morning, which included body composition testing - people, the numbers are going the right way! Weight was down 2lbs, body fat percentage was down 2% and muscle had gone up 1% (this is all within a week and a half). Happy Ems, nutrition really does work. After that we had a training day at work about dealing with challenging behaviour (from the young people we teach) which was really valuable and helpful. The choreographer I'd been working with for the past few days gave a talk about his journey from professional ballet dancer to heroin addict, to dance theatre company director working with addicts and professional dancers. It is hugely humbling and inspiring stuff. I'm on half term at the moment, so no classes, which meant I could go to the advanced conditioning session my PT runs on Tuesday evenings. So I went to that after work and it was awesome! As I was driving there I did have a moment of panic that, having had a session that morning, it would hurt like hell, and it was far from a walk in the park (45 minutes of hardcore circuits, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off x 3, with the occasional 1 minute rest, tyres, ropes, TRX, kettlebells, viprs and core work), it was totally possible! I am so proud of my body today. I have a PT session tomorrow morning, so will have to see how the body copes with that!

Food has not been brill today, bad planning on my part so ended up eating the buffet provided at work - sandwiches, cakes etc, but I will tailor the rest of my week to balance out these poor decisions. That said, I'm off to make some eggs. Hope everyone had a good day 2!

PT twice in one day! You are taking this seriously :)

The advanced session sounds like a pretty hard core workout, well done  :encouragement:

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

PT twice in one day! You are taking this seriously :)

The advanced session sounds like a pretty hard core workout, well done  :encouragement:

Thanks D, just taking advantage of my half term! Did another session yesterday morning and this morning, so 4 sessions within 72 hours - not something I would do often by any means but I feel like a badass right now!

Level 11 Human Ranger

a288a17062509fea922281117a68cba7.jpg

That would be great Ryan, thank you. 4 sessions in 72 hours is no joke!

Level 11 Human Ranger

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines