Ems 8.0. Hey girl, let's get back to basics.

Ems

WEEK 4 REVIEW

#1. Hey girl, eat clean, track everything.

Not a good week. Blamed it on shark week, but that's not a good excuse. The frustrating thing is that almost all my meals are really good, but then  ruin it in the evening with biscuits and chocolate that I feel I've earned. I've been very hard on myself with my score this week (1 good day, 6 bad) because I want to set high standards for myself. That makes 18 off plan so far. Poo.

Side quest - Hey girl, post all the way to the end.

To be honest, I can't really remember this, but I doubt its been amazing.

Last week was incredibly busy and demanding. I've got some performances coming up, one tomorrow and one next weekend, and this month has just been rehearsals all over the place, coupled with teaching, PT and other life stuff. Very intense, very tiring, and I think this is why my nutrition has slipped - a combination of lack of time, poor planning, tiredness, and feeling justified to make poor choices due to the amount of physical activity. However, this week has been much better so far. One day at a time!

Level 11 Human Ranger

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

CURRENT CHALLENGE   1 2 3  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   DAILY BATTLE LOG     MOTIVATION

(Inventory: Fire Flower)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #26

Hey girl, thanks for the update.  Week 4 seems to be tough overall.  I've been doing poorly with my eating too, not preparing meals or grocery shopping often.  Will do some planning, shopping, and prepping this weekend.  Glad you improved with your nutrition.  And look who else wants to encourage you-

ryangosling-meme2.jpg?w=490

• Like 1

Check out my still-fighting-it-battle-log 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Aw cool, the rower is a fantastic bit of kit. I am yes, not on the water, but keeping up the machine - regular 500m in PT sessions, and I'm also doing 2k a week outside of the gym to keep it up. The most important thing to get down is the technique - there are some good videos in the rowing section on the NF forum, such as this one. Once that's sorted there's so much you can do, high intensity sprints, pyramids, long distance - its fabulous! Please ask away with any questions :)

Thanks for the vid link, that was very useful since I've never had any instruction. Even my coach saying "keep your arms straight" the other day was a revelation!! 

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

Hey girl, thanks for the update.  Week 4 seems to be tough overall.  I've been doing poorly with my eating too, not preparing meals or grocery shopping often.  Will do some planning, shopping, and prepping this weekend.  Glad you improved with your nutrition.  And look who else wants to encourage you-

ryangosling-meme2.jpg?w=490

This is awesome, thank you! Prep is so important, it makes such a difference. Here's to a good final week for us both (can't believe its almost the end!) 

• Like 1

Level 11 Human Ranger

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

Thanks for the vid link, that was very useful since I've never had any instruction. Even my coach saying "keep your arms straight" the other day was a revelation!! 

Awesome, haha yep, once you get into it there's so much to think about, then it clicks and you can't imagine doing it any other way. On the flip side you'll then see people in the gym doing all kinds of crazy wrong things and have to stop yourself charging over and correcting them!

Level 11 Human Ranger

Week 5 REVIEW (ON TIME!!!!)

Everything tracked, and a much better food week, just 2 days off plan, so 20 total.

Hey girl, post all the way to the end.

This has been a little better this week, been around a bit more.

So it was the first of my two performances yesterday, and it went really well! I am by far my harshest critic, but I am pleased with how I did, didn't make any mistakes and remembered everything for all four dance pieces. I also got great feedback from the choreographers, so in all happy days! Of course I had to make things hard for myself, so the day before (Friday afternoon) I was at the gym with my trainer, doing box jumps, like I've done a million times before, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off. That day, of all days, was the day I slipped in my concentration and fell off the box. I remember thinking, 'aw my legs feel really heavy, how long until this set is over?!' and then I was on the floor. It was one of those moments that happen so fast that you think you've just imagined it. I fell sideways, scraping my right knee and bashing my left leg on a nearby rubber stand. My first thought was, damn that's embarrassing, and my second was, I can't feel anything really wrong, thank goodness for that. In the end I've got a big graze on my knee and a couple of huge bruises on my other leg, but it could have been much worse. This was right at the beginning of my session, so I made sure I got straight back up on that box so I didn't get psyched out, then cleaned up my knee and got on with the rest. It made yesterday harder, as I had it bandaged up, and had to try to protect it as much as possible so it could start to heal, plus, after the adrenaline had worn off it got pretty painful, preventing sleep painful, but I'm just really glad it was just a skin wound. Lesson learnt - always concentrate when doing box jumps!

Level 11 Human Ranger

Week 5 REVIEW (ON TIME!!!!)

Everything tracked, and a much better food week, just 2 days off plan, so 20 total.

This has been a little better this week, been around a bit more.

So it was the first of my two performances yesterday, and it went really well! I am by far my harshest critic, but I am pleased with how I did, didn't make any mistakes and remembered everything for all four dance pieces. I also got great feedback from the choreographers, so in all happy days! Of course I had to make things hard for myself, so the day before (Friday afternoon) I was at the gym with my trainer, doing box jumps, like I've done a million times before, 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off. That day, of all days, was the day I slipped in my concentration and fell off the box. I remember thinking, 'aw my legs feel really heavy, how long until this set is over?!' and then I was on the floor. It was one of those moments that happen so fast that you think you've just imagined it. I fell sideways, scraping my right knee and bashing my left leg on a nearby rubber stand. My first thought was, damn that's embarrassing, and my second was, I can't feel anything really wrong, thank goodness for that. In the end I've got a big graze on my knee and a couple of huge bruises on my other leg, but it could have been much worse. This was right at the beginning of my session, so I made sure I got straight back up on that box so I didn't get psyched out, then cleaned up my knee and got on with the rest. It made yesterday harder, as I had it bandaged up, and had to try to protect it as much as possible so it could start to heal, plus, after the adrenaline had worn off it got pretty painful, preventing sleep painful, but I'm just really glad it was just a skin wound. Lesson learnt - always concentrate when doing box jumps!

Sorry about your knee, I swear my shoes get heavier and heavier after every box jump, glad it's not just me! I've stumbled on the box a couple of times but never actually fallen, I'm sure it will happen one day....

Glad it's not too serious, I'm sure you'll bounce back ;)

Well done on the performance, so great to get some independent feedback that you've done well  :positive:

We got this. Week 6 doesn't stand a chance.

Amen to that!

Level 11 Human Ranger

Sorry about your knee, I swear my shoes get heavier and heavier after every box jump, glad it's not just me! I've stumbled on the box a couple of times but never actually fallen, I'm sure it will happen one day....

Glad it's not too serious, I'm sure you'll bounce back ;)

Well done on the performance, so great to get some independent feedback that you've done well  :positive:

Thanks dude, nope, definitely not just you! Well I hope it never does, just concentrate my friend! :)

Level 11 Human Ranger

Some happy news! Monday weight was 74.9, today is 73.3! :D I'm getting my bodyfat/muscle next week which hopefully will reveal that this is fat loss, not muscle loss. 

Level 11 Human Ranger

Week 6 Review

All tracked, 2 days off plan.

This was good I think, managed to get all my reviews done.

Level 11 Human Ranger

Impressive! Are you sure your arm hasn't fallen off?! :)

Down to better eating I'm guessing?

Haha, no I think I would notice! Yes eating is better, to an extent. By the time I had my weight etc tested, it had gone up a little, bodyfat was up to and muscle down. Feeling a little deflated, its been like this for a while now - I have a good week, then a bad week, then a good week and so on like that - not really making mush progress. The weekends are definitely my downfall food wise - the meals are usually good but then I ruin it with snacks. :( Oh well, just got to keep tryng!

Level 11 Human Ranger

I'm going through the exact same thing, to the extent that I think my next challenge will be mostly focused on food. 

Let's think of some accountability to push each other next challenge ;)

I did a no sugar with Jo a few challenges back, would you be game for that?

CHALLENGE 8 WRAP UP

I ate off plan 22 days out of 42, so that makes it 20 days on plan, which is an F. Pants. I really struggled with food this challenge, only really got it together in the last 2 weeks. This is reflected in my body fat which was 35% at the start, now 32% - which is an improvement, but not as good as it could have been. 

So this was pretty good overall, I got all 6 reviews done (not all on time, but done is done), and I logged all food days. To be honest I don't really know how many posts I did on other threads, kind of lost track, so I'm going to give myself a B- for this goal.

Despite a less than stellar challenge, I feel I'm starting to turn a corner with my nutrition. It has been an extremely hectic 6 weeks with lots of classes, weekend rehearsals PT sessions and other life stuff, so I feel pleased that I didn't give up completely. Onwards and upwards friends!

Level 11 Human Ranger

CHALLENGE 8 WRAP UP

I ate off plan 22 days out of 42, so that makes it 20 days on plan, which is an F. Pants. I really struggled with food this challenge, only really got it together in the last 2 weeks. This is reflected in my body fat which was 35% at the start, now 32% - which is an improvement, but not as good as it could have been. 

So this was pretty good overall, I got all 6 reviews done (not all on time, but done is done), and I logged all food days. To be honest I don't really know how many posts I did on other threads, kind of lost track, so I'm going to give myself a B- for this goal.

Despite a less than stellar challenge, I feel I'm starting to turn a corner with my nutrition. It has been an extremely hectic 6 weeks with lots of classes, weekend rehearsals PT sessions and other life stuff, so I feel pleased that I didn't give up completely. Onwards and upwards friends!

Level 11 Human Ranger

CHALLENGE 8 WRAP UP

Level 11 Human Ranger

I'm going through the exact same thing, to the extent that I think my next challenge will be mostly focused on food. 

Let's think of some accountability to push each other next challenge ;)

I did a no sugar with Jo a few challenges back, would you be game for that?

That sounds really good - I've seen a lot of myself in your recent updates, good meals, bad snacking. I am totally game :)

Level 11 Human Ranger

Oh man, I know what you mean about food, I mean, first 3 weeks? ate good, no wheat....3rd satuday in? my wife and daughter wanted pizza, and I had no backup plan, and boom, all down hill from there, I couldn't get back into the groove, I'm not sure if I need to build in a failure plan like a day off a week, or what, but yea, focus will def be on food, great job though! and just to cap it off:

46580593.jpg

(once again big sexy hominid brain computers = challenge)

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

Oh man, I know what you mean about food, I mean, first 3 weeks? ate good, no wheat....3rd satuday in? my wife and daughter wanted pizza, and I had no backup plan, and boom, all down hill from there, I couldn't get back into the groove, I'm not sure if I need to build in a failure plan like a day off a week, or what, but yea, focus will def be on food, great job though! and just to cap it off:

46580593.jpg

(once again big sexy hominid brain computers = challenge)

Aw I'm glad its not just me! Momentum is crucial I find - good momentum and you feel unstoppable, bad momentum and it feels uncontrollable! Thanks for the support, and the Ryanness during the challenge, its much appreciated!

Level 11 Human Ranger

New challenge thread! Over with the assassins this time :)

Level 11 Human Ranger

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines