My first challenge.. Let's do this!!

Naaria

Once upon a time, long, long ago, I was an avid yogi and I was in the best shape of my life. My self-esteem was at its peak and I could not be happier. I met a boy and, long story short, I made some shitty decisions, moved in with him, fell out of yoga and put on all the weight I lost and then some.. for good measure I guess. Throughout the time with him, I've been half-assedly trying to get back to that place where I was fit and happy with the way my body looked. I never was able to stick to it, all the while losing confidence because it was a pretty shitty relationship, now that I look back on it. Now that we've broken up, I have nothing to show for the sacrifices I made to my health except a belly and lowered self-esteem.

As the days go by, I find myself more and more afraid about being/staying weak, being winded climbing up stairs, or hell, even walking to the bus stop.. I'm tired of it! I'm a young, able bodied girl with more than enough energy to do what I know is right for me. SO.. SELF, DO IT ALREADY DAMN IT!!

I think I've jumped back on the wagon at the perfect time! Just in time for a 6-week challenge :) Since this past Monday, I've been doing fasted cardio in the morning, combined with intermittent fasting and I feel. fucking. awesome!! I've never felt this enthusiastic about my routine ( even back then, sometimes going to yoga was a drag! ) so needless to say, I'm damn excited to start this challenge!

Main Quest

- lose ~10-15lb, which would put me at 130-135lb.. and/or lose my belly, and drop some inches from my thighs. whichever comes first. the scale isn't always the best gauge

Quest Items (goals)

- Treadmill: keep up the fasted cardio at least 5 days a week

- Yoga Mat & Snowboard: do either at least 2 days a week. can be a combination of yoga once, snowboarding once or yoga twice/snowboarding twice

- Basket of Fruits and Veggies & Measuring Cups: eat better food. no more feeding my body shit like McDonald's or wings or that kind of stuff out of "convenience" or laziness. be strict about calorie intake

Life Side Quest Complete!!

- get two part time jobs: one in massage ( my career of choice ) and one for extra income ( massage if possible, but anything that won't drive me insane is fair game ). continue working on my own business. don't give up on it.. even if it gets hard

Quest Reward (motivation)

- feel confident, sexy, healthy, and GOOD about myself for when I meet my (new, super awesome, supportive) boyfriend for the first time in May!

• Like 3

Level 1 Druid

STR 1 // DEX 1 // STA 2 || CON 3 \\ WIS 3 \\ CHA 1

Naaria's Search for Balance v1.5

First Challenge !!

Think all of us are guilty of doing the same at least once in life ;) good luck with your goals! 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE Moves

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 63

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Okay. First bump in the road on the first day! My weight hasn't changed much since last week (0.2lb difference.. what the hell?!). I figure I might be under eating.. posted a thread about BMR/TDEE and hoping to get some answers. I figured I'd ask here, as well..

Basically, my BMR is about 1468. My TDEE is 2019. I apparently should be eating 1618. Since I've been maintaining a 1300 intake and have done so since starting a regular workout. I have also not been eating back workout calories. Am I doin it wrong? I'd like to do this challenge right so any answers would be totally appreciated!

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Uhm, maybe a strange question, but could it have something to do with your period? I always gain and lose several kg around my period. Also, it could be that you are holding more water than last week, or something else. Maybe you can compare photos or the size of your waist?

Keep eating healthy, even if you don't see results directly. I'm sure you'll lose some weight/cm if you keep going :).

• Like 2

Actually Waanie, that's a good point. I'm on a new BCP and it's not really working out all that great for me.. REALLY bad mood swings. I wouldn't be surprised if the side effect of "weight gain" and the whole strange hormones thing is making me retain water. I won't be taking another progress photo until next Monday so I'll report back! Thank you for the encouragement! I won't give up :)

In other, better news.. I now have a membership to a yoga studio! I'm the type of person who needs a static goal/deadline (ie "class is at 6:15, better not be late!" vs doing it at home "ah, I'll do it after dinner.. ah, I'll do it after I digest.. ah, I'll do it tomorrow..") so this is super exciting! I may just reach my goal in time! Wooohoooo!!

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Awesome! Going to a studio is the best, especially if the style of yoga fits you well. The teacher will prepare the movements, can correct your poses and will encourage you to keep going :).

If you're not sure if this is the right BCP, you should talk to your doctor. There are lots of types, and (s)he will understand that the mood swings can be horrible and can give you one that suits you better.

Good luck and have fun with the yoga class :).

• Like 1

Didn't go to yoga yesterday, I instead took the time to hang out with an old friend, get a little bit of herb in and some well deserved R&R. I only sort of regret it now because I have the tendency to munch (I fought it off last night pretty well I think!).. and for some reason my mom didn't go to work so I can't do my usual fasted cardio! Oh well. I'll do some jumping jacks instead, just to get my heart rate up while I'm still on an empty stomach. Going to yoga tonight for sure, as well as tomorrow and Friday to make up for it.

If I'm gonna take the time to relax I better be willing to work my butt off! And I AM! 

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Day 4!

Morning walk. Thank god. I don't feel complete without it anymore! Didn't go to yoga as planned, but I did go snowboarding! And oh my GOD what a difference a week and a half of WALKING has made in my body. I didn't feel tired at all after ~5 hours of boarding. Usually the walk up to the lifts from the car kills me and I'm struggling to catch my breath but.. nope! Not this time! Bwahahaha!! Ate a looot of fries, but I'm still under my calorie intake so it's not.. thaaaat.. bad? I should still make better decisions when eating but I'm happy with what I did today.

Thank you babo for your support! <3

• Like 2

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Day 6/7 (Sat/Sun)

My rest days. I felt like a big, fat, lazy slob. I think I'm going to start doing BBWW this weekend. I can't not exercise! That in and of itself is huge progress for myself.. so there's that, at least. :)

Day 8 (Mon)

Got my hands on some steel cut oats! I LOVE THEM! Sooo good. I kept them a little al dente and it's so satisfying. I bought bunch of chicken breasts and am going to get into cooking my own food whenever possible.

For today's lunch/dinner, I've got a chicken breast marinating with 4tsp dijon mustard, ~1tsp of 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's, 1/2tsp garlic, bit of pepper, lemon juice and stuck it in the fridge. I'll be eating it with vegetable quinoa and some steamed broccoli/cauliflower/carrots. Good lord I'm excited.

Took progress pictures and measurements this morning. I look mostly the same as the last pics (as expected), but I noticed my posture is looking a little better already! I'm going to weigh in/measure every Monday. As of today, my measurements are:

146.2lb, waist 29", hips 39", thigh 24.5", calves 15"

Today, I start training at my new job. Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Happy second week everyone!! Good luck!

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Everything sounds hyper positive! Congrats! And it's good to have days off, both physically and mentally – so you don't feel constant pressure about what you eat and do. I believe it replenishes willpower.

Your marinated chicken sounds like what I make all the time. I also do chicken legs with skin and oyster sauce, chilli sauce etc. grilled in the oven (higher fat but that's good too).

Enjoy and keep it up!

• Like 1

Newenham                              Level 1

STR 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | DEX 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 2

Day 9/10 (Tues/Wed)

I've been training at my new job today so I haven't had time for yoga, but I've made sure to walk every morning. I hit 144.6lb yesterday. Mini milestone! I might just make it to 135lb before I meet my boyfriend for the first time! It's making me feel pumped!

On my way home from work (I was sent to a branch an hour and a half transit ride away), I saw that the bus was coming.. so I booked it. Ran my ass off to catch it. I made it to the door, where the driver promptly shut the door in my face, made eye contact with me, turned away, then drove off. I am not one for flipping the bird, but I did.. with both hands!! SO hardcore. I was pretty mad.  ... But then! I realized I wasn't out of breath. Not at all. Not even a little bit. And then I wasn't mad anymore.  :triumphant: 

I began something called oil-pulling yesterday. It's supposed to help with oral health, and I honestly have nothing to lose trying it.. If it works, awesome! If it doesn't, my mouth will still be the same. So far though, day one was a success. My teeth felt clean and smooth all day. This morning, my morning breath doesn't feel like death.

Day 11 (Thurs)

My boyfriend and I had a small argument last night. So it's quite safe to say that I'm in a shitty mood this morning. I'm going to do oil pulling, then walk.. then.. I'm considering not going to work today. It was only going to be a very short training session, just to get me ready for a test on Friday. I know it's bad. But.. fuck. I have a hard time keeping myself up when I don't feel happy. I don't know. We'll see how it goes. I'd like to go to yoga if I can.

I also feel a cough/cold coming on. I am not a happy camper. No siree.

edit: Happy update!! 143.8!! >___<!!!!!

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Life Side Quest

- get two part time jobs: one in massage ( my career of choice ) and one for extra income ( massage if possible, but anything that won't drive me insane is fair game ). continue working on my own business. don't give up on it.. even if it gets hard

LIFE SIDE QUEST COMPLETE!! Does this mean I level up? Hah!

We all level up on Monday, right? :o The beginning of week 3?!

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Hey Naaria!

Congratz on already completing your life quest! I'm glad that your challenge is going so well, although I'm sorry to hear that you may have a bit of a cold coming on. Make sure you're getting plenty of fluids, taking meds, [continue cliche medicinal advice from someone without a doctorate]. 

I'm not sure if we level up on Monday or if it's at the end of the third week, but either way it's going to be soon! Hard to believe we're almost halfway through the first challenge. 

Level 2 Rakelian Auxiliary(Adventurer)

The Auxiliary Unit

Stats

STR-6 DEX-5 STA-6 CON-3 WIS-4 CHA-3

Hey Naaria!

Congratz on already completing your life quest! I'm glad that your challenge is going so well, although I'm sorry to hear that you may have a bit of a cold coming on. Make sure you're getting plenty of fluids, taking meds, [continue cliche medicinal advice from someone without a doctorate]. 

I'm not sure if we level up on Monday or if it's at the end of the third week, but either way it's going to be soon! Hard to believe we're almost halfway through the first challenge. 

Thanks a lot! I managed to fight off the cold, just had to deal with a few coughs for a few days. Thanks for the advice! :D And yeah, it's crazy.. I hope the next one starts up really soon after cuz I've never been able to stick to something for so long.. and being part of a big group like this is probably a huge reason why I've been able to! So thank to all of you for your support <3

Day 12/13 (Fri/Sat)

I had a really bad day Friday. I felt shitty the whole morning because of that fight I had with my boyfriend. We made up rather quickly, but when I get low, I get really low. I ended up not doing anything that day except for walk and take a test at work to determine if I was ready to hit the floor.. and I was! I passed!! I really wasn't confident at all about my skills but I apparently did quite well. Yay me. They wanted me to start on Monday but.. as life goes.. Someone called in sick and they had me take their place :)

I was SO ready to wake up real early and get my walk in and all that but the treadmill is in my mom's room and she was still asleep by the time I got up to get ready to walk. Oh well. I definitely got my workout in at work. 8 hours, 6 clients. My thumbs are sore. I'm gonna get really strong with this job though, so that's exciting.

Day 14 (Sun)

Snowboarding today!! I'm oil pulling as I type this message and then I'll be walking, then hopefully snowboarding if we can figure out the whole ride situation. I met up with a friend after the test on Friday and ate a huge bowl of ramen. I took in twice the amount of my daily sodium intake and I've been bloated ever since. Totally not worth it. I need to keep eating healthy. I've been really addicted to quinoa and steel cut oats and all that. I don't really mind, cuz I feel better when I don't feel flabby. I've had a really interesting relationship with food up til now ("if I got fat from eating a billion cheesecakes in one sitting, I'd be happy!" kind of deal .., nope! Not anymore! Although I still love cheesecake.. ) and it's really interesting and refreshing to experience a change in that mindset.

Week 3 begins my friends! Let's do this!

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Day 15 (Mon)

Damn it. Mom's not going to work so I can't walk! She's still asleeeeeep! Boooooooooo ;___; I suppose I'll do a round of HIIT but we'll see. I hate doing anything strength related in the morning.. my muscles just don't work. Will definitely do something later tonight, after work.

Still a little bloated, but I did eat dinner pretty late last night. Gotta be honest though, bad start to my morning. I'm a little grumpy with myself because I haven't been as strict about eating within the IF timeframe and it's showing. I need to cut off ALL eating after 9pm. If I absolutely need to eat, it'll be a tiny, tiny, snack sized thing just to keep my body somewhat satisfied.. but I will aim for 8PM-the-latest-dinners.

It doesn't help that I didn't do yoga at all because of the timing of trainings for work. Will hopefully have more time this week. Grumble grumble.

Here are my stats for the week. I've stayed about the same with more (slight) gains than I'd like. Poop.

146.2lb(=), waist 29.5"(+), hips 38.5"(-), thighs 24.75(+), calves 15.5(+)

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Stay positive! You are awesome, and it is awesome that you've found two jobs!

As for the walking: can you maybe walk outside? Or can you do yoga in your room? For most exercises, you don't need a lot of room, just the space of your yoga-mat. Not eating after 8 sounds like a good plan, are you having difficulty with having dinner before that time or are you just hungry in the evening? I know the last feeling, it's sometimes very difficult for me to not snack in the evening.

Keep going, and you'll lose weight and become even more beautiful in no time.

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines