My first challenge.. Let's do this!!

Naaria

May you find strength and peace to face these issues. Similar things happen to everyone, and we're all capable of dealing with it. Being as non-judgmental as possible helps, as well as focusing on what makes you happy and feel good. I know that sounds cliché and easy but it's true!

• Like 1

Newenham                              Level 1

STR 2 | STA 1 | CON 1 | DEX 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 2

impi, yes but it's SOOO fun!! :) What other styles of yoga do you do?

Waanie, as the days go by I'm calming down more and more about it. I'm still not pleased with her decision on how to treat us, so I'm not sure if things will ever go back to how they were. This event was the straw that broke the camel's back. There are other things that I won't get into that greatly contribute to how I feel now. Work is great, I'm learning new things every day. Both are quite easy jobs which I admittedly love. I'm totally a lazy butt. So far I'm really loving that mustard chicken that I mentioned a week or so back. I've had it once a week since! Well, since you're offering, send over your favourite recipe! <3

Newenham, thank you. <3 You're right, of course. It's easier to be more understanding now that the rage has calmed down. You're very right. I should focus on what makes me happy.. in any situation.

Level 1 Druid

STR 1 // DEX 1 // STA 2 || CON 3 \\ WIS 3 \\ CHA 1

Naaria's Search for Balance v1.5

First Challenge !!

This past week has been difficult and long. I'm bloated because I gave in to my emotional-eating temptations and have the belly to show for it! Today, I'm going to take a day and recuperate by the time Monday rolls around, I'll be back to relatively normal routine!

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Good luck in the last two weeks, keep your head up :). Emotional eating is a bitch, and it's totally understandable under your circumstances. Just make sure you'll get back at eating healthy again, and eventually you can keep up the good habits.

As for my favorite recipe, I think that's ratatouille: fry a few diced onions until glassy, then some cut bell-peppers and garlic until soft and finally add a cubed zucchini and cubed aubergine until they start to brown. Add a can tomatoes and a tsp of thyme and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and the sauce is sweet. Finish with fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste. Bon appetit!

• Like 1

Waanie, ratatouille sounds so simple and so delicious x__x when I get my next big cheque I'll have to gather those ingredients and make it!! I will report back! Thank you for your continued support. <3 I finally got back on track today. I ate a fuckload of junk this past week. Did not count calories. Ate McDonald's. Shot up to 146. Not happy, but today I feel like I can make my way back down the scale.

Newenham, yeah, you're right. Luckily I've been so good the past few weeks that my binge this week wasn't THAT bad. It could have been much worse.

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Week 6 numbers 144lb(+), waist 29.25"(+), hips 38"(-), thighs 24.5"(=), calves 15.5"(=)

Somehow the hips going down is disappointing.. doesn't that mean that my butt's getting smaller? Noooo...

Anyway.. last week of the challenge. I have no idea how it's going to play out. My mood is still way low. I don't know if I can take the last steps to finish this challenge well. At the very least I could stop eating over my calories.. Gah.

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Even if your mood is low, you can work on your quests. Take a deep breath, and focus on your work and your challenge, even if you don't focus on anything else. Put on your winkers and just go for it. And there is nothing wrong with a smaller butt, see it as a tight butt instead. From what I've heard, most men prefer a tight butt over a big butt, and I hang around with a lot of men :).

Keep going, you have almost finished your first challenge!

• Like 1

Thanks for checking in Waanie <3 I finally feel normal today. I'll do what I can for the last few days.

I don't know if I'm allowed to level up since I pretty much didn't do anything for 1.5 weeks.. I don't feel like I deserve it. Opinions?

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

Alrighty, well I didn't rock the last few days, but I did walk today, which makes me happy. I've decided I won't level up because I honestly didn't do enough to deserve it. But I'm already taking steps to do better when the next challenge starts.

I'll be using aromatherapy as much as possible to help curb hunger, stress, depression.. all those things make me want to stuff myself to the brim with delicious, fatty food.

I'll do my very, very best to go to yoga twice a week.. but it's hard considering my schedule. But I'll still try. Otherwise, I will walk every morning. If I don't have time to walk, I'm gonna do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to get my heart rate up. Jumping jacks, squats, run in circles in my room.. anything. I walk to the train most mornings, but I will work on walking to it every morning.

..That's all for now. I'll come back and finish my thoughts later.

Adding:

Okay. I think I've decided to resign from the Druid status. I don't have the time/extra money to be spending on a yoga membership right now. I might work on getting into the BBWW stuff and other bodyweight training.. and will definitely keep up and add to my cardio load.

• Like 1

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

I'm planning on doing a "keep moving" challenge next time, maybe you'd like to join? Even though my bodyweight training is a little more advanced than bbww (but not by much), I will have more or less the same missions as you do. It certainly helps me to look at someone's challenge which is similar to mine, so maybe we can cheer each other up :).

You can still do yoga at home if you have some kind of space. There are several online resources for workouts and since you have been a yogi in the past, you know how to perform most poses. Yoga mats are not that expensive, and you can already perform a nice sequence at the space your mat takes. If the weather is nice you can go outside and have plenty of space in a nice park.

Keep your head up!

• Like 1

I sometimes practice using my handwoven grass mat. Gives me a little more grip on certain poses. I have to remember not to let the bunny out he tries to nibble on my mat.

I may add one of the goals posted in your next challenge to mine.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

"When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.." African Proverb

Twitter|Battle Logs|1,2,3,4,5,6

You can be a Druid and do yoga at home :) I haven't taken a class in over a year. There is actually a really awesome online course program that is in beta status right now that I am excited about but it's membership based so you may not be able to afford that, but you can do your own thing at home with books and youtube videos and we can be there to be accountable. Don't give up on it :)

That being said, if its truly too much, then just do what you are comfortable with. I am sorry I am just now finding this, I had a hiatus last challenge and am just now getting back into my Druid Ambassador duties...if you need anything, encouragement, ideas, accountability, tips whatever....just PM me or show up on my thread. I will follow you too ok? 
*hugs* 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Thank you Bekah! I will definitely be following you. :) Since I didn't make it to level 2, I need to make a thread in the Level 1 Rebels still, right? Just want to clarify because according to the FAQ: 

• If this is your first challenge, you have to post in the Level 1 Rebels group.  In order to move to a guild, you have to have completed at least four weeks of a challenge successfully.  That means you have to join in the first two weeks.  If you join after the first two weeks, you need to do your second challenge in the Level 1 Group

but I made it through 4 weeks.. just didn't hit level 2! So confused!

Level 1 Druid

First Challenge !!

I think you should go to the druids, you did complete the first 4 weeks :). I think the "Level 1" should be "Level 0" nowadays, since it is clearly for new rebels.

I did the 30 day challenge of doyouyoga.com, and I really liked it. It's video's of 10-20 minutes, so it is not very time-consuming, but you're still doing something new every day. Some days are relaxed, some days are a bit more intense. It does not get as intense as my ashtanga-classes were, but for me it was a very nice way to start again.

Looking forward to your next challenge!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines