A Wirilome's Tale: There and Let's Not Come Back Again

Wirilome

bilbo.jpg

Main Goal of the challenge: Lose 4 pounds. 

Hi my name is Angie and this is my first challenge of 2014. My year's main goal will be to focus on lose weight and making healthy choices in regards to my eating habits and exercise habits. I have been successful in other challenges in the past that focused on college applications and developing healthy habits such as sleeping more, drinking more water, less junk food, etc. But I never made weight loss a priority. This will be an adventure for me! I currently weigh 214 pounds. For this challenge I am hoping to lose four pounds or lose "some" inches, I am still figuring how to measure and have reasonable amount of inches to lose in a six week period. If anyone has suggestions please let me know! Here are my four goals to help me achieve the weight loss. 

Current stats:

Weight: 214

Size: 18

the-hobbit-bilbo-gandalf-and-teh-dwarves

#1) Eating Hobbit Sized Portions!

I do have a  active lifestyle but a not so active boyfriend. I tend to eat pretty healthy (lots of veggies, meat, and a small quantity of carbs when I am by myself). However, I don't make the best of choices when I am around other people. A lot of my weight gain has to do with my thoughts. I try to eat what other people eat in terms of quantity. So let's just face the facts. I'm a short, would be petite if it wasn't for the weight, kind of girl. So I have decided first to do portion control when I eat out and yes I do eat out. Currently, I make 2 of my meals and would like to eventually make my third at home but that hasn't happened yet so instead when I do eat out I will order off the children's menu, the smaller portion's menu, or the under 500 calories menu. 

Regular grade scale applies! No cheats!

Stats: +1 Sta, +2 Wis

the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-spide

#2) Defeat caffeine spiders.

Previously my challenges were to defeat soda and then Starbucks coffee. I could do one but not the other. Now I want to defeat BOTH! 

Cheats:
Week 1: 3
Week 2: 2
Week 3: 2
Week 4: 1
Week 5: 1
Week 6: 0

Grades:
A = 33 Days
B = 30 Days
C = 27 Days
D = 24 Days
F = Below 21

Stats: +1 Sta, +2 Con

179170.jpg

#3) Prepping for the journey to the Lonely Mountain
I already dance twice a week (4 hours), lift one day a week (1 hour), and run one day a week (45 minutes). But I really want to do something everyday for a minimum of 30 minutes. Even if it's just walking or something. I will be doing this in the wee hours of the morning like 6AM. So let me accomplish them. 

Stats:  +2 STA +STR +1 DEX

tumblr_mg94b1ulss1re3c2eo1_500.gif

Life Quest
I didn't get accepted into 3 of the schools that I applied to. I am still waiting on one. So what the hell am I going to do now?
  • Develop Plan B - Plan F
  • Update resume
  • Figure out savings plan

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9I8Dtbdhad4Z1RiT1U1djFkYkU/edit?usp=sharing <-- Where I keep track

Level 7 Hobbit Scout
STR: 9.2 | DEX: 7.2 | CON: 14 | STA: 15.15 | WIS: 16.7 | CHA: 12.7

I've been all over the world. Except Asia, Africa, and South America. - Coach McGuirk
My Bio My Blog Current Challenge

I love your challenge, and wow you gave up Starbucks!!! I love Starbucks! I've had to change my go to beverage from a sugar laden peppermint mocha to a sugar-free vanilla latte with heavy whipping cream instead of milk (to cut out the sugar) and I'm pretty happy with it! :)

Good luck on your challenge! I have a hard time deciding who to subscribe to, because there are only so many hours in the day to read forums, but a fellow short girl always gets my vote :)

Sent from somewhere in time and space using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

I love your challenge, and wow you gave up Starbucks!!! I love Starbucks! I've had to change my go to beverage from a sugar laden peppermint mocha to a sugar-free vanilla latte with heavy whipping cream instead of milk (to cut out the sugar) and I'm pretty happy with it! :)

Good luck on your challenge! I have a hard time deciding who to subscribe to, because there are only so many hours in the day to read forums, but a fellow short girl always gets my vote :)

I would prefer to not give it up but financially I am in the hole. I just had a huge financial reality slap in the face. In 2013, I over spent by $13000. So I am learning to be frugal among other things. But your drink sounds fabulous! I still have a few cheat days so I might have to try it before Starbucks is no longer attainable. 

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

I've been all over the world. Except Asia, Africa, and South America. - Coach McGuirk

I hear ya on the finances!! My hubby is in school full time and my job just doesn't pay all the bills. We do get give cards to Starbucks from people who know we love it plus I earn a lot of free drinks because I'm a gold member. Plus we usually go when they have but one get one free lattes! :)

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Spoiler

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

Welcome back Wiri.  I'm rooting for you :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I gave up Starbucks last year for money reasons, too. Now when I drink it as a treat it is WAY too sweet and I think, why did I drink so much of this? It's quite a mountain to climb, but there is life after starbucks

Yesterday, before the challenge began, I went to starbucks. I honestly thought of having a binging session but then I looked in my wallet. Thank goodness reality is setting in, that I am quite poor.

• Like 1

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

I weaseled my mother into taking underwear shots of me...

So this is 2014 me. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 214.8 pounds.

And Stats

Chest: 40.4

Bicep: 13.7

Thigh: 27

Waist: 36.8

Calf: 32.8

Hips 62.3 (This seems like I measured wrong but oh well)

Shoulder: 57.4

Neck: 28.8 (Again, my neck was at 14 so how did it double in size?!?!?)

And photos...

1939986_10152294225733000_1603453817_n.j1911729_10152294225758000_1205464699_n.j1911618_10152294225763000_1287102935_n.j

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Cute undies!!!:) I would re-measure your hips and neck! 

• Like 1

Spoiler

100%
19%

Crap!! Double post! sorry!

Spoiler

100%
19%

Cute undies!!! :) I would re-measure your hips and neck! 

Yes I did my neck is actually 13.3 and my hips were in the 40s like 44 or 43. I wrote it down but I don't have the piece of paper with me. But even my shoulders were off!

• Like 1

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Yes I did my neck is actually 13.3 and my hips were in the 40s like 44 or 43. I wrote it down but I don't have the piece of paper with me. But even my shoulders were off!

I thought so!:) 

Spoiler

100%
19%

#1) Eating Hobbit Sized Portions!

I do have a  active lifestyle but a not so active boyfriend. I tend to eat pretty healthy (lots of veggies, meat, and a small quantity of carbs when I am by myself). However, I don't make the best of choices when I am around other people. A lot of my weight gain has to do with my thoughts. I try to eat what other people eat in terms of quantity. So let's just face the facts. I'm a short, would be petite if it wasn't for the weight, kind of girl. So I have decided first to do portion control when I eat out and yes I do eat out. Currently, I make 2 of my meals and would like to eventually make my third at home but that hasn't happened yet so instead when I do eat out I will order off the children's menu, the smaller portion's menu, or the under 500 calories menu. 

Stats: +1 Sta, +2 Wis

Hello, Angie!

How are you going to do portion control at home? Food scale? "Cups"?

Protein and healthy fat keep me full a lot lot longer, and particularly lean meat and fish are really diet friendly.

Portion control is important (I have an issue too) but what kind of food you eat allows you some wiggle room as TEF is quite different between protein/carb/fat.

So when you are hungry, protein always fills you up better, fewer calories, and your body can use it.

Calories re not created equal.

-- TG

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Hello, Angie!

How are you going to do portion control at home? Food scale? "Cups"?

Protein and healthy fat keep me full a lot lot longer, and particularly lean meat and fish are really diet friendly.

Portion control is important (I have an issue too) but what kind of food you eat allows you some wiggle room as TEF is quite different between protein/carb/fat.

So when you are hungry, protein always fills you up better, fewer calories, and your body can use it.

Calories re not created equal.

-- TG

Actually at home I do portion control by making single serving food and or using my niece's Mickey Mouse shaped plate. I love that thing! My protein and carb intake are at 100g each. I know I could lower my carb intake but I won't be since 75% of my carbs come from vegetables and the occasional fruit. I've also consulted with a doctor so as much as people have recommended paleo or Atkins, it simply isn't for me due to my health issues, some physical but mostly emotional.

My real concern is when I am out in the real world away from the Mickey Mouse plate, eating next to co-workers and friends.

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

omw i love the idea of a mickey mouse plate.  I want one now :)

Also you shouldn't do a diet if it doesn't work for you, no matter how great it works for other people.

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

omw i love the idea of a mickey mouse plate.  I want one now :)

Also you shouldn't do a diet if it doesn't work for you, no matter how great it works for other people.

Mine kind of looks like this: http://babeelove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_3561.jpg but plate like not bowl like. The ears are each half a cup of something which is helpful because I might want mac N cheese so I know I can only get up to a cup if I really want some. 

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

OMW that's adorable!  Now i really really really want one.

My challenge

Yesterday was another withdraw day. Andrew thinks its funny to offer me a coffee or a soda. But thankfully he wont order one in front of me. 

My wife once did cold turkey and she was in bed for 3, 4 days.

She is now back with coffee, and if she does not drink coffee, she'll be head achy and no energy and all that.

I don't understand that how one can knowingly be dependent of chemical substance and be OK with it.

If it's really bad, you should call your doc. This is the kind of things they can help.

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines