Havock's [insert witty name here] battle log

First challenge, and although it doesn't start until the 24th I wanted to get my log up and running.

Today was my second Yoga experience. I have this amazing yoga studio that is free for my health insurance. It took a lot of personal courage to attend my first class last Saturday. I've never gone to a studio and only did yoga with a video in my living room years ago. Today I felt the anxiety again, just like last week. A block away I almost turned around and went home. I just had every excuse in the book but the big one was, oh I'm only 15 minutes early I should have left sooner it's going to be too packed. I was wrong it was not as busy today at all and I did so much better in the moves and was able to do so much more and left with such a an amazing experience I can't even begin to describe. I cannot wait until next week, I may even have to pick up a midweek class because of the awesome.

~Havock
N7 Lycan. Scout at heart, training with the Rangers.

{Level 1} STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

I was totally sore today from yoga, which is awesome. Like my first time going I took it really easy because I'd been warned that it was something that could easily sneak up on you and put you out of commission for days. This time I was more familiar and able to push myself, the results are clear.

Today I went to the gym and did 20 mins on the elliptical at level 2, made it to 6 speed (mph?) and went 1.5 miles. Which should mean that I would have gone 3 miles in 40 minutes which is near my goal (although I'd rather manage that on the track). Did a long weight circuit, 130 lbs on the leg press and made it to 80 lbs on the chest press, 90 lbs on the seated row. All personal bests. And I mean of all time, even my other attempts at getting in shape I think my max on any machine was 70 lbs. I've been trying a new technique, 5 reps x 5 sets at highest weight and it's finally showing results.

I stopped before I did shoulder, arm or abs and will save those for tomorrow as those are the muscles that hurt the most from yoga.

Btw I always almost type Yoda instead of yoga, I'm such a nerd lol

~Havock

Awesome start for your battle log! I wish I could come do yoga with you! I LOVE yoga! It really does help you tone up and stretch and build muscle! Plus I am a meditating spiritualist as you know. So yoga is totally up my alley. I want to start lifting weights too but one step at a time. You are being a great inspiration to me! You go Wonder Woman!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:star: ~*Staroddchic*~  :star: 

"Those who want to succeed will find a way, those who don't will find an excuse." -Unknown

Took an exercise break yesterday just due to meetings at work running super late. Eating has been great. In fact yesterday I turned down some "healthy" chips my supervisor offered me. Now I'm sure these really were "healthy" to some people, they were some kind of whole grain, brown rice, fattened mini rice cake thing, but not something I'm eating right now. When I tried to explain I wasn't eating processed food or grains (because she didn't take the first no thank you for an answer), she still insisted they were healthy. *sigh* 

Gym was fantastic today though. Did 20 mins on the Elliptical, felt very stiff in my left knee, actually I'm kicking it Ben Gay style right now in the hopes of the knee feeing a bit better. Did all my upper arm, chest and back work outs, no increases in weight today pretty much just maintained. Added 30 squats (yes I'm sorry Ms. Knee) while holding a 4 lb ball overhead, and did the two machines whose name I don't know, I'll call them the Dangle Brothers - lean forward and dangle and hold yourself up and dangle until your abs cry machines. Going to keep doing that extra group, maybe every Wednesday. 

Tomorrow I have my weekly Chiropractor appointment so I stay away from the gym to let my back rejoice in the glory of the chiropractors adjustment. Oh and my new yoga towel came in today. I can't wait to test it out on the Vinyasa hotness this Saturday.   

• Like 1

~Havock

We all need to take a break every now and then.  Good for you for refusing those chips!  That is awesome you are sticking to your paleo guns!  The workout you did today sounds painful!  Good job!  I bet your muscles are building up!  I am glad you are just going to enjoy your chiropractic session tomorrow.  No point in stressing your back out at the gym.  I really wish I could go to the gym and yoga with you.  =(  You are a great motivator and inspire me.  Keep it up Wonder Woman!!!!!

• Like 1

:star: ~*Staroddchic*~  :star: 

"Those who want to succeed will find a way, those who don't will find an excuse." -Unknown

Pain, so much pain. Apparently one of the new things I did on Wednesday did not agree with my chest muscles. I woke up Friday in a moderate to severe amount of pain, I could barely move to be honest. I pushed through and went to work, even though a deep breath was enough to send me doubled over for a minute or two. Took a break from the Gym Friday just in case but I was so upset that my chest was still hurting today and I missed Yoga. I'm going to try and attend a class tomorrow, which I was interested in anyways, its the super hot class called "Detox Flow", sounds good...or pretty gross depending on the context. 

Today I did go for an experimental 5k at the nearby park, need to see what my speed is currently albeit today I was going easy as to not aggravate the chest muscles any more than they already are. 

A5FBVSas.png

I managed 3.2 in about 50 mins, only about 5 mins off my goal, but feels so far away. Plan on doing one of these every weekend so I can map my progress through the challenge. 

~Havock

I went to the doctor today, and was laughed at. My doctor decided that all I had was heat rash (even though I hadn't been in the sun at all). After explaining why I wasn't a tripping moron for making an appointment to see her, she decided I may be having a mild allergic reaction to the sanitizer my gym by work uses. So her suggestion was to avoid that gym and stick to my old tried and true YMCA which I never had issues with. I can live with this. 

Went to the Y today and did 25 minutes on the Elliptical. Today really was one of those days I could have easily just said screw it and gone home, but I'm happy I talked myself into the gym regardless of my pile of excuses not to. 

~Havock

Went to the gym yesterday and did 10 minute warmup on the elliptical then all upper body machines. Eating has been pretty good, I had one tortilla about chip sized today. Was making tacos for the fam and one broke, I ate the broken part without even thinking, *sigh*. Feeling blah today probably because it was a rest day and I need these but miss the gym when I don't go. Tomorrow its back to the gym though :) 

~Havock

Gym today: 20 minutes on the treadmill and some ab work on the mat, noting too exciting had to rush off to make it to the bank but glad I got a little workout in. Longer workout tomorrow :)

~Havock

@Guzzi Thank you! I need all the positive thoughts I can get, especially some days! 

Today I was planning on hitting the gym but massive allergy attack just as work ended made it clear I needed to hold off. Got an award at work today too so I may be doing a bit of celebrating >.> Yea I can tell the alcohol thing is going to be the hardest part of this challenge for sure. On a very cool note, I made Cauliflower "rice" for the first time tonight and it was really fricken good! I turned down cake (TWICE today, two different occasions, talk about testing me geeze lol), biscuits, pretzels, and chips today and instead had a small sausage patty for breakfast, chicken and asparagus for lunch, and Tilapia and cauliflower rice for dinner. A few carrots, apples, and mandarin oranges in there for snacks. Definitely eating better, and my size 18s were super loose so getting close to that next size down. 

Over all, I'm feeling pretty good about life right now. Handling my stress at work has so drastically improved I want to grab everyone and drag them to a gym and steal all of their grain products so they can feel like this haha. 

Oh and for getting my award I get to eat lunch with the principal (my boss) next week...and its pizza...*le sigh* I'll be on the elliptical a long time that afternoon I can sense it. 

• Like 1

~Havock

I braved Planet Fitness today just for a change of pace (I say "braved" because I'm allergic to their spray sanitizer and I'm not supposed to go there due to that, but dammit I love the set up they have). I was okay as long as I did not use the sanitizer and was very careful not to touch my face. I had to wash my hands and face afterward, but no lasting damage. I really like their free weights, and there is less chance of coming into contact with the sanitizer using those than the weight machines. So I was thinking of going there once or twice a week and doing free weights, of course I need to find a routine that doesn't make me look like a tool, but that's not too hard to manage. 

~Havock

My "reward" for being teacher of the month was a pizza, cake and ice cream lunch. [insert face palm here]. I ate before the lunch so I would only want (and only had) one slice of very good pizza and a small piece of cake (and ice cream...). Did 25 mins on the elliptical and some shoulder and back workouts. Going out of town Friday and Saturday (Yoga day nooooooooo) so I'm going to try and go daily to the gym so that those are the only two days I miss (especially since food is kinda wobbly this week due to all of these "rewards" :P

~Havock

Argh no!!!! Hijacked with pizza and cake!!!

I think you did very well, don't think I could have summoned up that kind of will power. Mmmm.... Pizza and cake :P

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Haha it was not easy! This weekend was MegaCon in Orlando. I had limited choices in what to eat, and the amount of traffic I sat in (3 HOURS on Saturday) was enough to make a person drink...a lot. I worked out all week except Friday and Saturday but I did have to walk nearly a mile to get from where I had to park to the convention center so that should count lol. Today I had to catch up on all my grad school work so tomorrow we are getting back on track! 

As for the food, Friday I had a Gyro (so not worth it) and Red Lobster on Saturday (Surf and Turf, and one of their biscuits...I'm so Sorry St. Paleo I was weak and they are fraking delicious!). I ate little beyond that, which also isn't the best thing but I had little options and they were all wicked pricey. 

The great news is I got amazing swag, I'm wearing my NukaCola shirt right now (Fallout 3, if you haven't play it, PLAY IT NOW). I also got a Portal shirt, a Targaryan shirt, a Handy Habbersack (backpack), a Doctor Who Tardis beanie and a wicked military style green jacket. Oh and I picked up a N7 patch for my army camo jacket. It was nice to buy things without having to worry if they would fit, can't wait for everything to be so baggy I just have to go to another con for more swag ;)

~Havock

Funky!!!

Worst bit about losing weight: none of your clothes fit anymore. :(

Best bit about losing weight: none of your clothes fit anymore = clothes shopping!!!! :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

You must be rich!
I spent hours in thrift shops looking for a few pairs of pants that fit me! Every supplier sizes differently, every 'style' sizes differently, and then you gotta find what looks 'hip' on an aging hipster without looking like you don't 'know' you are old and looking senile instead. Who knew Buffalo and American Eagle fit the bill....Not too old yet I spose'.

• Like 1

I get most of my clothes from thrift stores, and the rest from Walmart. we go to cons like once every five years, definitely not rich just save money for occasions.

Went to yoga tonight, loved it as usual.

~Havock

2014 was up and down, but overall I think it went pretty well. In the end I lost 50 lbs and went down 4 clothes sizes. Now its 2015 and I'm ready to try and maintain these logs a bit better. Where did I go? I was in my final internship/classes in grad school from about March to August and it dominated my computer time. I was able to go to the gym consistently and I have new goals for my career and fitness.

Re-reading these entries I remember the benefit to keeping a log was that I kept challenging myself. Sadly I don't think I've increased my weights much in the past 9 months, so that's something to use this thread and work on.

Sorry I disappeared, I think I got a bit self consious after megacon, which is just another thing I need to work on improving in myself. Sometimes I let silly little things get to me and that's not healthy.

Todays Log:

20 mins Seated Row Level 4

5/5 benchpress @ 50lbs

5/5 bicep curl @ 10lbs (I was lifting 25 for some reason today it was not happening)

Changed how I have been eating and could feel that which cut into my time. Also was planning on going for about a 30 minute walk but the weather was not cooperating.

~Havock

Jan 2, 2015

elip- 30m/lvl4

chest press - (50/55/60/65/70)x5
pull down - (70/75/80/85/90/95)x5
row - (60/65/70/75/80/85)x5
orhead press - (40/40/45/45/50)x5
arm extend - (50/50/50/55/55)x5

The gym (planet fitness) was quite busy today, no surprise. 

~Havock

Jan 3, 2015

Treadmill day! - 45 min

I'm not sure how far I went or any stats for that matter. About 30 minutes into my workout the treadmill just shut off. It was quite a shock especially since I was in the middle of a run! Luckily I didn't face plant and got going again. The only issue was that it wiped out my stats and I hadn't really been paying attention enough to remember them beyond the time.

Probably will be an edit later to add push ups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

~Havock

Jan 4, 2015

(Totally forgot to do this yesterday)

Elip - 30 mins/lvl 4/3.1miles

Chest press - 50/55/60/65/70/75 all x5

Kept it short because I go back to work tomorrow and of course procrastinated doing my lesson plans and yes they are still not completely done yet as of posting this.

Jan 5, 2015

Row machine - 20 min/2658m (I have no idea if this is good/bad/indifferent lol)

Bench press - 50lbs x5 (it maxes out at 50 not sure what to do other than increase reps)

Punching bag - 10 min

Worked out at home today, these are the items we have in our garage, and a very broken elliptical that I never use but is used by others in the house. Taking my kids to the orlando science center today as our last winter break activity, should be fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

~Havock