Fonzico and the Dragon Hide

Fonzico

Woohoo a new kettlebell! And no more student loan! 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Well, I had a pretty mediocre final week - my motivation kind of dropped off, and I phoned it in. Not totally off the rails, but not making up any points, either.

Let's see:

I walked a ton this weekend (didn't use my car at all!) but didn't do any other workout. Aside from deep cleaning my kitchen. That may actually count, I literally worked up a sweat.

Food was... not great. I lied when I said I was getting back on track. Bread was had. Much too much bread. Reminding me why I don't eat it, because I do not understand the concept of moderation!

My only saving grace is that I cooked a turkey (random, I know.) So I have a crap-ton of yummy meat, delicious soup, and extra bone broth.

No creative stuff done. I cleaned, walked and cooked all weekend, and that was it.

No meditation at all this week. I just... don't care anymore. I probably should make myself care, but yeah. I don't know. I might try this again, except outdoors, I think that might help. Maybe walking meditation or something. *shrug*

At any rate, since I pretty much took the last week of the challenge off, I will NOT be taking the in-between week off - I need a head start on the next one!

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Gutting the Dragon: (+2CON, +2CHA)

Last challenge saw a really successful "Whole30" experience, in which I seriously cleaned up my eating, overcame some food-related mental issues, and even lost a little weight. I now know which foods make me feel like crap,and which make me run like a well-oiled engine (hint: dairy and gluten are not my friends!) so I want to carry on with this way of eating, but with a little more flexibility. This way I can eat out without fear, be less limited while cooking, and not have to make every single condiment myself... while still feeling good and continuing to lose fat. 

GOAL: Up to one TBSP of non-compliant ingredients per day (Stuff like honey in dressing/marinades, soy sauce with sushi, a sprinkle of cheese on a salad, or using a commercial condiment) 

GOAL: 2-3 non-compliant meal components per week (aiming for two most weeks) This does not mean a whole meal of crap. This means a small portion along with good veggies and meat. Stuff like a side of rice or beans, a couple bites of dessert, maybe a small latte, sharing a appetizer. Portion control is key here. 

C - 1 excellent week, 3 good weeks, 2 bad weeks. Guess what goal is making a repeat next time? Not super happy with how this went - some old habits reared their ugly heads. I need to work some mental crap surrounding this out still, it seems.

Skinning the Dragon: (+3STR, +2END)

I'm still loving my kettlebell classes, but I want to add one more proper workout in per week, preferably cardio since I have a 5k hilly, obstacle race this summer that I need to prepare for. Running (jogging/walking, really, I'm terrible) is ideal. Skating/hockey practice also acceptable. Bonus points if my 3rd workout is outside. 

GOAL: 3 workouts per week

Kettlebells Mon/Wed, Cardio: Sat

B (15 workouts) - Mostly, I missed the running part, I only went 3 times. Ugh. Running.

Burying the heart: (+2WIS, +1DEX)

I started this goal last cycle, and while I definitely did a bunch of meditating, it really didn't become a habit and I want to continue working on this. Part of the problem was that I kept leaving it until before bed and then I would be too tired and just want to sleep.

Therefore, want to meditate more often earlier in the day. However, I said that for practically the whole challenge last time, and never did, so I'm going to ease into it. 

GOAL: Meditate 6 times per week

MODIFIER  Weeks 1&2: 1/6 in the morning

Weeks 3&4: 2/6 in the morning

Weeks 5&6: 3/6 in the morning

D: This was just not a priority. I did okay for the first bit, but completely fell off near the end. 

Making Dragon Hide Armor: (+1WIS, +1CHA)

Create! Ahhh, I love this goal; it makes a come-back every few challenges, and does me so much good!

The focus this go-round is on producing things we can sell at the local market this summer. I have some pretty specific goals I'd like to accomplish this time:

1. Make 6 t-shirts, of 3 different designs. (We have a vinyl cutter and a heat press, which is what I'll be using to do this.)

2. Make a jewelry display/holder (I've done one already, I'll upload a pic to show what I mean when I get a chance)

3. Finish at least one painting that can be made into prints.

4. Make ticket stub holder. (Shadow box, with slot in the top, and vinyl design on front.)

D - I made 4 t-shirts :( Sad!

BONUS LIFE QUEST: (+1WIS)

Pay off federal student loan. (Technically, it's my husband's, but I'm the financial manager in our household, and we're really trying to get all our debt dealt with, so we can start saving for a house.) There's about $1500 left on it. Two regular payments will come out during this challenge, which are already budgeted for, so we just need to put an extra $100 each towards it every week. It's not unreasonable, just requires some mindfulness and a little extra frugality. 

A - Yay, I actually finished something! This loan is fully paid off, so much wonderful.

Okay, so some big take-aways from this challenge, and some new obstacles to tackle for next time.

Firstmost and foremost, I need to get the food situation under control. And honestly, it would probably help with everything else - I had an excellent challenge when we were doing Whole30, it was like that discipline spilled over to the other areas of my life. I need to really give some thought about what a realistic, appropriate week looks like for me, and aim for that.

I also need to figure out what I'm hoping to get out of the mediation situation. I had hopes of being a more mindful person in day-to-day life, but I have a feeling that waiting until the end of the day is only going to make me sleep better. Which is not a bad thing, but isn't great motivation. I love the idea of doing a short yoga session in the mornings to start the day, but I know that morning goals are a long shot for me.

And finally, I am transitioning to working out at home, so I need to figure out my guidelines for that as well. Maybe a different kind of cardio, since running is really not my jam. I'm hoping to start biking a lot more, so that may become a thing.

We are also going to be selling our stuff at the farmers market in like 6 weeks, so I realistically NEED to start making more things! So that goal is definitely going to come around again... perhaps I need to think of some penalties for not making it. I know - if I don't get x done per week, I have to RUN! lol

• Like 1

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

So, the dreaded Week 3 slump moved to Week 6 ... it happens. 

But ... 

You PAID OFF ONE OF YOUR STUDENT LOANS 

bloggif.gif

Came to some crazy good internal realizations regarding food and where you want to go and what you need to do to get there - while not forgetting the lessons you learned last time from Whole30 - Even though your food wasn't perfect (BREAD!!!????!!!!) - you did some growing here and made some solid internal gains. And I'm so freaking ridiculously proud of you for those mental gains - I'd say even more proud than a forced 100% challenge. 

61322-Archer-jazz-hands-gif-1pUG.gif

You accomplished some creative stuff this time - and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was your best 'Imma force myself to do creative things' challenge yet.

tumblr_m3dzx4b9FP1qcv5b8.gif

And even though you kind of bit it overall for the meditation goal, at least you did something there. 

bad-ass-jazz-hands--1.gif

And really? That's what it's all about. This isn't the 100% we are perfect club. This is the we are working on our shit (club?). 

If we were 100% perfect, we wouldn't need to work so hard and life would be epicly boring. 

I know you're going to kick the ass out of next challenge 

Level 77 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Haha way to totally upstage me with the gif party! LOL

I love it, thank you :)

But seriously... WHAT is Neil deGrasse Tyson DOING??

And yes, I am so excited for clean-slate time. Next one is going to be GOOD!

Level 20

Lol. I got on a roll :) 

I don't know what he's doing, but I'm fairly certain it's some sort of awesome! 

Level 77 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines