Bekah's Step Six and a Half: Princesses need their Beauty Rest

Bekah

Who knew Princesses weren't born with immunity to all harmful illness or disease? I certainly didn't. So enters the emergency surgery for an obstructed bowel that decided to come around on my break between challenges. Although, to be fair, my several weeks of discomfort in the last challenge's end were clearly indicative had I done something about them sooner.

So here I am post surgery and another challenge has begun, clearly there will be no fitness goals to speak of, other than increase activity gradually as tolerated. But the diet...ohhhh the diet! After no food for 9 days, it seems logical to only reintroduce things I am trying to eat, rather than things I will have to cut out later. My body makes life easy for me like that! :D So we have diet goals, rest goals, continue the reading goal. All starting once I get home from the hospital.

Challenge Goal Recap:

1. No gluten, dairy, sugar, allergens or artificial ingredients in my diet...and KEEP IT THAT WAY!

2. Menu planning and cooking for said diet to cement changes for harder times.

3. Firm Bedtime of 10pm

4. Read Book 8 "The Path of Daggers" and continue "Meditations from The Mat"

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Subbed. You are going to rock this diet goal, I just know it.

• Like 1

&,
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Oh my goodness! I'm a little behind, but I'm so glad to hear you're going home. Rest well!

• Like 1

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Zombies, Run!

Nerd Fitness Mitten Meetups

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

Hello sweetheart! Hope you made it home by now and are rocking your diet!

• Like 1

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

I love you guys, seriously you are amazing friends and just yeahhhhh I feel blessed by you being in my life :) and some of y'all are loved even more than that ;)

Day 1 at home and I am already nuts again! Trouble with Abby's school, issues with JJ's absences from school, I got the official "You weren't selected for the position" notice about the Drug Court job, even just troubleshooting FB problems is taxing today!!! Bah! I just wanted to redeem my Facebook giftcard and play Farmville, but noooooooo that's too much to ask for!
:(

Day 3 (Wednesday 2/27) Goals Summary:

1. Diet: Eh, I can't handle the grocery store yet (I tried on the way home from the hospital and about lost it!) so I got what J picked out or had at the house, which was mostly ok, but a few things I shouldn't eat (paneer---Indian cottage cheese---for one, Pepsi, tomatoes in the dish with the Paneer) but I made myself some dairy and sugar free chocolate almond butter dip for my GF pretzels, so that was good :) so not horrendous giving there was zero preplanning and much out of my control.

2. Menu planning and Cooking: Nothing yet except for the aforementioned chocolate sauce, but that counts right?!?!?! 

3. Bedtime: last night was perfect! This one may be easier than anticipated, I was asleep by 9:30 and wanted to be in bed earlier than that even!

4. Reading: My meditation book is not here but I have a digital copy for the first part, yet I have no idea what day I stopped and haven't looked yet, so nothing with that, I will do that tonight if I can find the energy. (Day 28) I read a good bit of Book 8 yesterday (The Path of Daggers is Book 8 of 14 in the Wheel of Time Series)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

hey Bekah, 

great to see you back with another challenge :) wish you all the best !!!

• Like 1

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Day 4 (Thursday 2/27) Goals Summary:

1. Diet: I ate GFCFSF for the most part, I "think" I had the last Pepsi but that was all.

2. Menu Planning and Cooking: Made a tentative plan for breakfasts and lunches for once I could shop; no cooking

3. Bedtime: Perfect! me and J implemented a family wide "no electronics, in the bedrooms, quiet time" after 9pm, and it's really going well and helps this goal immensely!

4. Reading: Read TPoD today.

Nothing huge, just more Abby school drama, and serious bs with JJ that is more in his head than reality...but it will all work itself out.

Day 5 (Friday 2/28) Goals Summary:

1. Diet: Went to the grocery store (and Michael's Craft Store, and Party City, and the Vitamin Shoppe, and a Dr. Appt for JJ and lunch out....clearly I misunderstood what they meant by "rest and relax" :/ )
BUT....I got some good hemp protein powder and lots of good allergen free foodstuff :)

2. Menu Planning and Cooking: Trial and Error stage with menu planning but I made GF Brownies that J had bought the other night (total diet plan FAIL!!!) and GFCFSF chocolate coconut milk pudding (total diet plan WIN!!!!)

3. Bedtime: Last night was a little past 10 bc J needed to talk, but I was in bed and ready to sleep before 10.

4. Reading: Figured out which day in the Meditation book to start with (Day 28) but didn't actually do it. Read more of TPoD, and am halfway through, so time to buy book 9.

Friday was nuts! I did WAYYYYYYYY too much, but at least I made it out alive :tongue:
I got some cool beads and smaller cross stitch hoops at Michaels, and the hemp protein, and the basic stuff for Abby's birthday sleepover and groceries and JJ's intital neuropsych testing intake done...so all necessary :)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Day 6 (Saturday 3/1) Goals Summary:

1. Diet: I had more brownies and a Pepsi

2. Menu Planning and Cooking: Realized we had a cookbook already that I had planned to purchase, how that happened is beyond me O.o

3. Bedtime: Not even close, but J was putting the beds/room back together, so I had no choice bc I had nowhere to sleep, plus I have a minor infection at a staple site and had to get meds from Walgreens at 11pm and Abby decided to put her whole leg weight across my incision (OUCH!!! but it was fine, thankfully) soooo that was all past 10pm already.

4. Reading: Read TPoD today.

Another too much day. However, I made it clear that Sunday I am doing NOTHING! So lets hope that holds out for the whole day.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

I hope your Sunday went as planned and your Monday will as well! Hugs!

- Abtacha -

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4

"Conquer yourself and the world lies at your feet."

"Take care of your body as if you were going to live forever, and take care of your soul as if you were going to die tomorrow."

- Saint Ausgustine -

Day 7 (Sunday 3/2) Goals Summary:

1. Diet: I ate GFCF but the SF is a giant fail so far :(

2. Menu Planning and Cooking: Made a Low Carb GFCFSF chicken recipe, but it had garlic (one of my allergens) so I got a headache, next time no garlic and it will still be yummy!

3. Bedtime: On time again :)

4. Reading: Read TPoD today. Still no Meditation :(

A decent day for me, but J was nuts after the day was over from working so much, which made it harder, but still ok.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Week 1 (2/27-3/2) Goals Summary:

1. Diet: I ate GFCF but SF is a giant fail :(
0/4

2. Menu Planning and Cooking: Did something with this most days :)
3/4

3. Bedtime: More pass than fail :)
3/4

4. Reading: Not great but not horrible  :topsy_turvy: 
TPoD: 4/4
Meditation: 0/4

A good week overall, given that it was my first week post op.

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

W2D1 (Monday) Goals Summary:

1. Diet: I ate GFCF but the SF is a giant fail still :(

2. Menu Planning and Cooking: Nada...was out of the house from 11am-7pm, so no time for this!

3. Bedtime: On time again :)

4. Reading: Read TPoD today. Still no Meditation :(

Very busy day. Got my staples out and went to several appts for the kids.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Today has been okay, had my first post op follow up appointment today...all is well but I have to wear the abdominal binder (aka a really ugly velcro and foam corset like waist cincher) and come back in 4 weeks. I hate feeling SOOOOOOOOO tired and unable to do much at all and just feeling like a lump.

Patience....blah blah blah! ;)

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines