• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck: Kicking in the Burn

Ok so hockey road trip, sadly, is further north.   Sun Prairie, Wisconsin to be exact, which is near Madison.   It's the weekend of the 22nd-23rd.  So, it'll be cold, but we'll be hockeying so yay!   Awesome awesome awesome.

Congratulations! Madisonish is cool--it's where I'm employed, even though I work remotely from Chicago. And even if it weren't, hockeying is great!

Just a note on macros, carbs hold more water weight. Before this last mess, When I ate more protein I did better muscle soreness wise, fullness and energy.

Protein also doesn't stick around as much if you don't use it.

Not saying eat to them, but maybe keep in mind when you go to eat. So, track after the fact and write down how you felt/feel the day.

Please excuse any errors. The monkeys are slacking

Yeah, I am not afraid of protein. I love the proteins!   But with the cold weather my lunch meals have been lots of kashi frozen stuff, or left over dinners.  Which lately are soups, gumbos, and spaghetti squash with sausage.    Now that you've learned me on those things, I will look back and see if past days of good weigh ins, came after less carby days.

done%20a%20bad%20thing.gif

Starpuck will return when the tantrum ends.  >.>

'sokay whatever it is. Wufkar presently is avoiding all people IRL due to an urge to knock the next person's block off.

I think that the gain was prolly water from sodium.... 

and we love ya no matter what bad thing you did... just not two bad things in a row here... you gotta be nice to my starry!!!

Lots of hockey last night.  With the boys.   It was our Cross Ice for Cash fundraiser, 3 on 3 event my team runs to help offset fees.   I got to play with and against a lot of the guys I'll be playing with in mens league this summer and it was so much fun and they were all so awesome.    Billy, our Captain, who I had to play against this time (and whose pocket I totally picked and got a shot on net with after) comes up and hugs me and says, "I'm so glad we got you on board, you're going to be a great addition."      And then there's Tony.  When leagues start, I will purposefully get a pic of me next to Tony.  Have to see it.  

The bad thing I did was basically, say, entirely, FRAK IT with food.  Started Thursday night and ended last night.    So that's a 48 hour total melt down.    But it's done.  Over.  Finite!   Today, the sun is out, it's supposed to hit 40... O M G.   And I am going to go shower, then hit the gym for strength day #2, then go for a walk around one of our little funny suburban lakes.  Then hit Wal-Mart and buy more mats for the whse gym.   Then go for food, but get YUMMY, and HEALTHY food.   Then gaming tonight I will be snacking on peppers and hummus.  Yes.

In short...

tumblr_inline_mz9kclgDvF1rn82a0.gif

Strength Workout 2/2

Deadlift

65# - 5

105# - 5  (Friend racked a 25 on top of the 10, instead of replacing the 10 on his side.   Uneven 10 ftw.  Not.

95# -5X3

Push Press

45# - 5

55# 5X4

Barbell Lunge

45# - 16X3

Pull Ups

Max X3  = 3,3,3 

(Then 2 Neutral Grip pull ups)

Knees to Elbow

7, 5 (friend made me laugh), 6

I know!!

OMG I am so happy the SUN was shining and I sat on my porch and watched the puppy romp in the yard while I ate my breakfast

I couldn't figure out why I had so much energy :)

I got solar powered!!

Ok, so I didn't rein the eating in today.   But I did do that workout AND get 10,000 steps in.   So, baby steps.  Tomorrow, new day,new week.   Gonna be 56 here!!! HELLS YEAH.  (It will only be 25 on Wednesday, but this is hopeful.)

Need to super detox, so going to try a week of totally clean.

-ish

WEEK 2 SUMMARY

PRIORITY 1: EATING

• Cook Clean – 1x/week or more  Cooked on Monday & Tuesday
  • “Frak It†Meals – 1x/week or less More than I could count - bad bad week.
  • Eat Clean – 80/20 or better See above :(

Bonus information by Fitbit

Weekly Deficit: Not tracked.

PRIORITY 2: EXERCISE

• Target goal of logging 5 sessions total per week, broken down as follows:
  • Strength Sessions – 2x/week 2/2 complete
  • Runs – 1x/week 1/1 complete
  • +2 additional workouts of any type Total 5/5 complete!

SIDE FITNESS GOAL:  Go to the boxing gym 1x/week.   Nada this week.

PRIORITY 3: BUDGET

• Track all purchases with Goodbudget App and cut back on spending as follows:
  • Eating out Money $40 or less per week –  DID NOT TRACK AT ALL THIS WEEK.  Ugh!
  • Fun Money $40 or less per week –
  • Put $200 into savings each month – Nothing yet, still time.

SIDE LIFE GOAL:  Purchase the piano book as suggested by ShadowLion and commit to looking at music or art hobbies at least 1x a week. – Nada

Sooooo um.   I got my week 6 failure week out of the way early?    I had something upset me on Thursday, that totally threw me off for most of the rest of the weekend.  It was the STUPIDEST thing to let upset me too, and I am actually still upset over the fact it upset me.  Seriously.   I need to work on that.   It's on my to do list as of now.

I am going to stand up to those bad food binges, shake my head at them, and then kick their ass.

karaslamracetrack.gif

Hang in there Starpuck! It looks like you have a lot of great stuff going on, and just a little trouble with the eating. I think if you keep up the great work elsewhere, the eating will naturally fall back into place.

And I'm excited for the nice weather, too - but what's up with that random cold day this week?! We have the same thing here in Central PA - 40s/50s all week, except Thursday, when it's only going to be 26 :( But hopefully I'll get outside for some walks with my dog and a few runs.

Starpuck, you're doing great!  Stuff happens, especially when emotions are involved.  All you can do it get back on the horse... which you're doing.  You had a pretty good week last week, and I'm betting you'll kick butt this week.  Do it!

tumblr_n1vemsO6Eb1qdb83ao1_250.gif

Sorry to hear your week didn't go as planned.  That is great news to hear on the hockey front though!  I am glad they enjoyed playing with you!

Sooooo um.   I got my week 6 failure week out of the way early?    I had something upset me on Thursday, that totally threw me off for most of the rest of the weekend.  It was the STUPIDEST thing to let upset me too, and I am actually still upset over the fact it upset me.  Seriously.   I need to work on that.   It's on my to do list as of now.

I am going to stand up to those bad food binges, shake my head at them, and then kick their ass.

dude

slips happen... don't let it ruin your outlook

:) you are awesome... we love you :)

feel free to text if you wanna "STOP ME FROM EATING JUNKY!" kick in the bootay (my # is in my profile on fb)

Ok.   So, haven't pulled myself out of the tumble yet.  

hobbeshillroll.gif

But I know I really need to.  I'm starting to /feel/ not good.  Not just emotionally and confidence wise, but physically.   Upset stomachs, mood crashing, nothing good.    I need to just put the foot down and NOT look for crap eats to give me the immediate mood lifter.

This weekend is the Shamrock Showdown tournament.   A really fun 3on3 Cross Ice tournament that I participated in last year.    I realized just today that this tournament coincided with my joining Nerd Fitness.   My one year anniversary!  Already!!!

mUy0C.jpg

I didn't actually finish my first challenge here, I crashed out somewhere in the middle, but the one after that I started gaining momentum.     I remember this tournament specifically because, at one point, one of my teammates brought in Godiva brownies and was trying to offer them to me.  I remember making the distinct comment, "No thanks, I don't eat those things."    (Which, ok, I do.  But it was the first time I had used the powerful "I don't" instead of the "I can't.")    I have a chance to stop things right here, right now, and turn them around.   But I have to learn how to better control my emotions.   Stress less, anger less, let things go faster, and remind myself that moments pass, and to just look toward the next.

The warehouse workout area is evolving.   Since my boss arranged my being allowed to use that space, and he is the one who spent like $600 on the equipment, I forked over a total of $110 to put down rubber exercise matting back there for us.    I have weights/barbells/jump rope and kettlebells there to use.   He also mentioned that he figured out how to get the pull up bar in there.   This can work.   I loved using it at lunch the other day, I just need to learn how to talk myself into it, instead of out of it.   Gotta get it to be habit.

I skipped working out again today.    Work was hectic (still down a person from the firing) and I just couldn't catch a break.   I came home and wanted to eat and eat whatever.    So I did.    On the promise to myself that tomorrow I clean it up.  I want to.   I want to be that strong, healthy, outgoing, spunky, finally not too shy to wear tanks and shorts, girl that I was discovering last summer.

Tomorrow can be Day 1.   (And it can be a technical point for saying, "I didn't blow off an entire week.   Just ... 6 days.")

I have committed to a whse workout at lunch.   And my friend is going  to boxing, so I will as well.     It's a double work out day.   (Ima be just like Cheechoe... as soon as I figure out how to get two more workouts in on top of the two I got planned lol)    I will need to eat smart - because I don't want to under-fuel, but don't want to go overboard either.    We're also supposed to get snow tonight and into the morning/day... ugh.   So that might crinkle some things.  Except NOT my lunch workout, because I don't have to leave the building.

I have plenty of food at work to get me through the day plus some.  So.    Here are my tomorrow goals.

No fast food purchases.  Eat what is at work.

Water to Soda consumption should be 3 to 1.   Really want that soda?   Bottoms up that water first.

Do whse workout.

Boxing

Fruit.  You have it!  EAT IT.

Ok.   Here goes.   Day 1.

1)

giphy.gif

I LOVE you!!

and 2)

my_first_real_meme__by_sonicscrewdriverd

and 3)

2dvr7ug.jpg

two OT shifts this month so that I can haz vacation next month...

and 4)

say THIS to the food that hurts your body

29djv5w.jpg

Congrats on your one year Nerdversary! I think you are doing great with all of the challenges you have this time. The food stuff will straighten out. So will work. The hand will heal. These are the times that will make the wins down the road that much sweeter.

Just think of all the cool stuff that has been happening at the same time - your warehouse gym and being able to workout at lunchtime, the hockey tournament, back-to-back cooking nights, hockey with the guys, and the beginnings of warmer, sunnier weather!

456715__safe_solo_rainbow+dash_animated_

Woke up with my knee being a serious pickle.   I mean, seriously. WTF.   Go to sleep fine, wake up, major crick-creak-twinge-thing happening.

I didn't even DO anything with it in three days!!!!!  How can it just say, "Oh and today I will hurt!?"   I want to try and work out around it.  Not

sure how that will go.    Mother cougar.

Woke up with my knee being a serious pickle.   I mean, seriously. WTF.   Go to sleep fine, wake up, major crick-creak-twinge-thing happening.

I didn't even DO anything with it in three days!!!!!  How can it just say, "Oh and today I will hurt!?"   I want to try and work out around it.  Not

I know you are in pain and it is not supposed to be funny, but from now on, whenever this happens to me, I'm going to think of it as a pickle injury  :playful: I <3 pickles, but only the kind you eat, not the kind in your joints. Anyway, I seriously think the weather is messing with my joints this year, maybe you're going through the same thing. But it looks like spring might finally show up sometime soon, and all good things happen then! Fresh produce, hiking, outdoor runs, gardening - hooray for vitamin D!

YMMV, of course, but do you have access to a foam roller? I don't swear by them the way that some people do, but I've had several recommendations for their use in crick-creak-twinge-thing situations. There have been some cases I've used them and they did provide some aid.