The Saga of Durak: A Link to the Future

Book One

I have lived in hopelessness for so long now. I often thought that there was no way I was getting into shape. It's impossible, right?

Well, I refuse to accept such a concept! I've already completed my first six-week challenge, and I'm getting ready for my second challenge starting this Monnday! I really can't wait to get started, so I already have...kinda. As an aspiring assassin, one of my goals is to become light on my feet, stealthy like a ninja! So when I went down the block to the mailboxes to check the mail, I walked as quickly and quietly as I could, sticking to the shadows. Boy, that was fun. So stealth training, yoga, wall climbing and dieting will be the way of my next challenge, and I'll try to keep up with the daily entries. 

ENTRY NUMBER ONE!

That's right, we're starting right now! Here we go!

• Skipped breakfast (a habit I am sorely tyring to break.)
  • Went for a light jog.
  • The wife and I went to my friend's baby shower. We talked Doctor Who and Marvel movies with the new dad.
  • Had fast food in the first time in weeks for lunch.
  • Checked the mail...like a ninja!
  • Went on a double date with some friends. Loaded up at the salad bar.

All-in-all, today wasn't the most ideal day in the way of dieting. But I did get some excercise, and that is good.

Level Three Aspiring Alchemic Assassin

CON: 9, STR: 4, DEX: 2, STA: 3, WIS: 3, CHA: 1

Current Challenge

"Durak's Adventure" Train, Water, Create (and Sing)

Challenges

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Coming Soon: "Mavericks of Miralda" - A comic series by John Duffy

The response time of a ninja is just as important as the mustache of a ninja.

ENTRY NUMBER TWO

• Had chicken and orange for brunch.
  • Ate pasta with broccoli and chicken for dinner.
  • Spent a few hours playing games with my wife, and spent the rest of the day outside.

Today was a busy day. I mean really busy. And tomorrow doesn't look much easier. But despite the numerous errands I had to run, I felt...relaxed. And when we got home, we brought back Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and about 90 Pokemon cards. With the six week challenge looming around the corner, I'm both excited and nervous. But I know that it's all for the best.

Current Challenge

Challenges

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Today has already been incredibly busy. Been helping faamily move out. Need to replace a blown turn signal (which requires an awful lot of work for this model car.) And we still need to go test drive this other vehicle we want to trade for. I've only got four hours of sleep to run on, and I can't slow down... Ugh...

Current Challenge

Challenges

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

So yesterday, we found that we can't find the car title, so we can't trade the car in anyway. So we didn't go to the dealership. Does anyone know of a really quick way to get a replacement? Ah well...

ENTRY NUMBER THREE

Because of the craziness of the day, I wound up with no choice but skip breakfast and lunch. Dinner was postponed until extremely late, at which point we all just ordered some pizza. But on the excercise side of things, I was up helping friends move at 8:45, and was walking from that point on until seven o'clock. My legs are still sore.

But there is some good news! For those of you who don't know, my dream job is to produce comics for a living. I've got an opportunity to produce a one-page comic for an upcoming issue of Nintendo Force magazine! Yay!

Current Challenge

Challenges

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

ENTRY NUMBER FOUR - 2/25/14

Today was a day of stress. But for the first time in a while, I actually woke up relatively early without the cat jumping on me. (Though I did wake up with him sleeping on my back. That was weird.) I started the day off with some yoga, and then got to work on packing up some things that are in the way. You see, we're moving in a couple of months, and our apartment is full of boxes. I spent most of the day boxing things up, and then took a break. I played some Mirror's Edge for a bit, and then some of Stanley's Parable. I played with the dog for a while, and then did some more work before calling it quits. I reluctantly had a burger for lunch, and a burger for dinner. Our kitchen is occupied by boxes upon boxes, so it's been hard to make anything healthy. Though, this should change soon. I plan on finishing off the day with some more yoga.

Current Challenge

Challenges

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Yes. I know. I have missed a few days. You want to know why? Because this week has been the busiest, most stressful week in a long time. I have tried every day this week to get to the rock-climbing gym, but I haven't been able to get there. This week haas been FILLED with other tasks. We've tried trading the car in every day this week. We failed at that. We've been moving my sister and her husband out of their house, and into ours. And on top of all that, my sister has had two allergic reactions this week. All of this has accumulated into one of the busiest, most stressful weeks in a long time. After all this, I just need to rest. All four of us need to rest. The rock-climbing gym isn't going to open until Tuesday. So give me a few days to recuperate; I'll do some light yoga during this time, and I'll get back to work on this challenge this Tuesday. 

Current Challenge

Challenges

1 - 2 - 3 - 4