Dinobytes and the Great Deku Tree

DinoBytes

It seems it is time for Dinobytes to begin her journey. The youth whose destiny is to lead Hyrule and save the princess of destiny. 

*Quest: lift acro partner and build routines*

The time has come to test thy courage...The Great Deku tree has been cursed...

deku_tree_v2_by_thejfp-d3g4heo.jpg

The Great Deku Tree needs help to break the curse by:scaling the spider's webs and vines*goal 1: improving silks skills/acro: practicing each move thrice, thrice/week and creating/attempting one new acro move per week.just because it is so unstructured, I'm going to make a silks log shortly and post my progress there*

A = complete full set of tricks 9x per week

B = 6x per week

C = 3x per week

D = 2x per week

F = < 1x per week

gathering health hearts/rupees,*goal 2: fighting the appetite with portion control, purchasing all paleo fuel and, in doing so, saving money by eating out less.Because free food should never be denied. Especially home cooked/baked* 

A = 7x a week

B = 6x a week

C = 5x a week

D = 4x a week

F = 3x a week

slaying monsters,*goal 3: working out at the gym 4 days per week*

A = 4x a week

B = 3x a week

C = 2x a week

D = 1x a week

F = none at all

inside_the_deku_tree_by_thejfp-d3ej22u.j

and defeating Queen Gohma

*life quest: earn my flight wings by studying each day for at the minimum 1 hour for the three boards

(I think only 2 will take place during the challenge timeline right before simulator testing)*

A = 7x a week

B = 6x a week

C = 5x a week

D = 4x a week

F = 3x a week

gohma_by_thejfp-d3g4h8c.jpg
Dinobytes enters The Great Deku tree bravely...

I'm trying out a new format for challenges! let me know how you guys like/hate it!

my starting stats:

height: 5'3"

weight: 138 Feb 16th

body fat percentage:  19.64% Feb 17th (likely to be inaccurate)

waistline: 79-83cm Feb 17th (this is flexed-relaxed measurements)

• Like 1

Quest: Run, aerial silks, handbalancing, and Roue Cyr

Life Goal: Professional cirque performer (secret identity) and Data engineer

IN! for silks and acro. ;)

yay! i'm gonna hunt yours down as well :)

I love whatever challenge format you choose because circus! 

ZELDA! woohoo! :) works well with the whole climbing/aerial stuff

Cool :) What acro tricks are you working on at the moment?

inventing some stuff for my partner and I to exchange basing roles. I can do two high with a lighter flier, working on the courage to try it with her and I hope to someday base her in high bird. Here's some of our low stuff though (still cleaning it up that was the first time we had tried that particular transition into the split lever)

Cool art! Brings back memories :)

Looking forward to seeing how you do this challenge!

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

Oo. F'real. This Challenge makes me feel way more like I'm in a movie theater than many before. =)

*grabs some popcorn and widens eyes*

I love the artwork. The grading is rigorous and appropriate. And yeah... something about your third person narration adds epic all over the OP. ;D

Haha. Looking forward to it! Do want more acro videos too! =)

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

It's Zelda! what's not to love? :) Makes me all nostalgic.. 

Also circus/silks is pretty cool too :tongue:

Zelda is definitely my favorite series of all time. and I still own an N64 with ocarina of time :) I play it on a projector. it's pretty much real life.

Great challenge!

thank you!

A Zelda theme?! Count me in! I don't know much about acro, other than that I'm impressed by anyone that does it. Good luck!

no worries! Acro is totally fun and anyone can do it, you just need a base and a flyer!

Oo. F'real. This Challenge makes me feel way more like I'm in a movie theater than many before. =)

*grabs some popcorn and widens eyes*

I love the artwork. The grading is rigorous and appropriate. And yeah... something about your third person narration adds epic all over the OP. ;D

Haha. Looking forward to it! Do want more acro videos too! =)

domo arigato! 

DinoBytes will do her best!

here is my list of Silks skills to be completed 

red = either haven't tried it yet or can't do it yet

orange = cleaning it up/remembering the wrap/not satisfied yet

purple = final touches in progress

I will upload a video of practice near the beginning and one near the end to show progress, but I can't say how regularly that will be as I don't have a lot of time to sit around in front of my computer and watch it convert and all... grr slow... 

anyways, the list!

CLIMBS

angel

same side angel

knee

monkey

flamenco

bicycle

crochet/pendulum

arm breaker  

DROPS

star

tick tock

hip key

pencil

kamikaze

straddle slack

windmill

backpack

fairy

coffin  

ROLLUPS

one arm one leg

bicep  

HOLDS/POSES

flying dutchman

split no hands

one leg back bind/split

back bend/knee drop/ankle hang

arabesc

meat hook

arm breaker

if you don't know what half of these crazy names are, that's okay! I'll post a video soon with tidy little captions to clear up all your confusion! but mind you, those spiders don't stand a chance against this battle plan!

• Like 1

Haha. Do itashimashite. (That was from memory - was it right? o.O)

And what~ about the techniques in black text? Hmm? =)

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

...Und jetzt, leider kann ich dich nicht verstehen. ;)

5'11"/180cm

"And now, unfortunately, I can't understand you." ;)

5'11"/180cm

Or, I guess winky face should be in quotes too, haha.

5'11"/180cm

Bahahaa! That song cracked me up. :)

And that's quite the list o'skills there! I recognize about half of them and maybe know some by other names? I shall wait on vids and captions to see which ones match up with what I think they are. 

"And now, unfortunately, I can't understand you." ;)

oh, "yes, you're right" is what I had said haha

Bahahaa! That song cracked me up. :)

And that's quite the list o'skills there! I recognize about half of them and maybe know some by other names? I shall wait on vids and captions to see which ones match up with what I think they are. 

that song gets stuck in my head on my way back home from acro.

if you recognise them in the video let me know and I can put more slashes on my list! :P

Wait a second, you are studying to be a pilot!?

naw I'm not interested in flying the plane, I operate all the cool nerdy electronic gizmos during flights. But I still get to wear gold wings! (once i earn them)

What do zees wings signify? (Feel free to link to a Wikipedia article or something if you're not feeling expository. =D)

5'11"/180cm

they signify my transition from learning alongside a qualified person, to holding my own crew and being qualified to operate all the systems in a tactical mission setting.

SANY0034.jpg

or in Wikipedia's words:

Naval Aircrew Wings are authorized for personnel who have undergone extensive training in flight operations of naval aircraft. Such training includes weapons management, electronic warfare, and water survival. Contrary to most other services, naval aircrewmen do not receive their wings after aircrew school. Rather, they receive their wings only after completing their platform respective Personnel Qualification Standards (PQS) (roughly 1 year past the completion of training).

What a fun challenge! I loved that video. Looking forward to all the cool stuff you are learning!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

That's super badass. Thank you for the research so cleanly presented. =D

And yeah~. If I miss anything (from the Army) it's shiny doohickies that mean I'm smart/fast/strong/etc. Come to think of it, medals and ribbons are a huge component of an IRL RPG. No wonder I miss it! =D

5'11"/180cm

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines