Dinobytes and the Great Deku Tree

DinoBytes

musasabi, haha yeah! achievement unlocked! :P

eliastigirl, fancy meeting you here ;) good to have you along for the ride!

oh my goodness, today I found out the gym on base is not opposed to my practicing silks there! as long as I can hang them and take them down each time.... thinking about lots of webbing... we shall see... any ideas are welcome.

Quest: Run, aerial silks, handbalancing, and Roue Cyr

Life Goal: Professional cirque performer (secret identity) and Data engineer

*nudges Dino's notifications*

• Like 1

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

After the first long week of the Deku tree, Dinobytes stumbles into the forum looking rather unkempt with scars from battle peeking out from under her tattered shirt. 
sleeping_with_fairies_by_leo_diamond_by_

This week's achievements:

Scoring 24Feb-06Mar 2014

Spider's Webs: A

Dinobytes scaled many vines and spider webs in a valiant effort to reach the first of the deku tree's branches

link_climbing_the_wall_by_eressea_sama-d

Hearts/rupees Gathered: A

the first stage always has the easiest hearts and rupees to find. of course she found and collected all of them

_legend_of_zelda__hearts_divider_by_prin

Monster Slaying: D

Unfortunately in her first battle with a skulltula, the nasty spider poisoned her and she strategized to conserve health by avoiding monsters in the first stage of the level. 

skulltula_ambush_by_natehallinanart-d72b

Battle Hits to Gohma: B

14.2857%
14.2857%

in the Boss battle, Gohma took some damage and Dinobytes is on track to earning the prize 

Stage one Complete! 

total score: B

to be less cryptic, I got a nasty bug this week and I didn't want to get gym people sick... but I still went to acro because thats where i got it from... NEVER share waterbottles  guys, germs are real. spread the word.

in other news, sorry about the long silence, some of you may remember from that interview last challenge I plan to incorporate silks in my career eventually.... well. I have been looking at warehouses to rent in Hawaii to start my own aerial gym! I'm looking at insurance companies and business partners and investors! really busy and exciting stuff! I also ordered my first very own silks! I'm very excited :)

in other news, sorry about the long silence, some of you may remember from that interview last challenge I plan to incorporate silks in my career eventually.... well. I have been looking at warehouses to rent in Hawaii to start my own aerial gym! I'm looking at insurance companies and business partners and investors! really busy and exciting stuff! I also ordered my first very own silks! I'm very excited :)

That is AWESOME! Good luck!

Love your write up of the week! Except for the skull spider. That's just freaky. :hororr:

Really exciting news about your future gym owning and getting your silks! Best of luck to you. :)

Raevn

Level 2 Wood Elf Assassin

Challenges 1 | 2

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.†- John F. Kennedy

Collecting hearts and rubies and slaying monsters, love it. That spider/monster creeped me out though. Good job with your first week.

Cool news about the gym possibilities!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

sorry! i didn't really mean to freak everyone out with the spider haha I really felt like a viral  plague this week though... so gross... I'm glad I've started doing the 3 times for each trick 3 times per week. it has really helped me to keep memorizing different wraps and techniques and it also has helped me iron out some of the kinks in some of my moves and build confidence! 

This is fantastic! I'd love to do this one day. Great minds or what? :)

why don't you live in Hawaii?! come silk with our aerial crew!

oh BTW roll ups on straps are WAY easier than on silks because there is less give in the fabric.

Ah, nice work. Great video and skill list! Subarashii! Always funny how the same move has so many different names.

And an aerial studio in Hawaii... Lost for words. Will stick around to witness the awesomeness :)

Hope you are feeling better.

Attempts to turn a clumsy human into a kickass circus ninja: 1st, 2nd

It is really super cool that you are looking to start your own business. You seem to be doing all the right research. It is to be expected, you are certainly super organized. Make sure you start brainstorming trademarks! You never want to give up the chance for strong intellectual property, especially if you will eventually have multiple locations.

Some tips:
Generic marks cannot be registered. (Aerial Gym called "Aerial Gym")

Descriptive marks cannot be registered without secondary meaning. That means your business will have to develop relative fame before it is eligible for trademark protection. (Aerial Gym called "DinoByte's Aerial Acrobatics Academy" or "Stunts with Silks")

Suggestive marks are entitled to registration, and are considered the second strongest kind. They require some logical leap to infer what your business is from the name. A common example is Coppertone for sun screen. (Aerial Gym called "Valkyrie" or "Weightless Wonders")

Arbitrary or Fanciful marks are the strongest kind of mark. They have nothing to do with your business's nature. A common example is Kodak for cameras. (Aerial Gym called "Terra" or "Euphoria")

The pros/cons of each are relatively clear. The more abstract the name gets, the more protection it gets. This is because, as symbol that represents your business, people are more likely to be confused that it is really your business when a competitor opens the same kind of business with the same abstract name. Think of a computer manufacturer other than Apple Corp. opening an "Apple Store." That'd be trademark infringement because the likelihood of confusing the public as to the origin of the goods and services is high.

On the other hand, an abstract name doesn't do much to immediately convey the nature of the good/services immediately to the public. This requires more advertising to encourage brand recognition. Not quite a lawyer yet, so don't take this as legal advice, but I hope it helps you have a greater understanding!

• Like 1

Formerly "Silkie" the Level 3 Ranger - now respawning as "Arcanis" the Monk ...

First Challenge   Holiday Mini-Challenge   Second Challenge  Third Challenge (Incomplete) Fourth Challenge (Incomplete)

Post-Respawn:  Fifth Challenge

Oh this is so great haha I haven't come up with a name yet and I totally didn't even think about the fact that I have a law student friend soon to be a lawyer haha I may have an abuse for a friendship coming up soon haha cos I have no idea HOW to trademark... But I know it should be done. Brainstorm on the way.

Sorry sorry sorry! I'm still alive.. just extremely stressed out and studying all the time. I'll post a real update soon but I have been climbing those spider webs and battling ghorma with success.... Monsters are hard though. Struggling to find the time to fight them with all the stuff on my plate.

deep breaths.. okay, I'm still not out of the woods yet with all this busy craziness, I don't know if I'll have time to do the upddate that I want to fill you all in on my craziness, but Rancid poptarts and I have been invited to perform for the First Friday event in May and our routine is soo close to being finished. Just a bit more choreeography work and adding in a couple things to make it longer and we've got a solid power finish. I'm so excited.

Also, the show at the end of april is fast approaching and we have been working group choreography as a troupe. it's really coming together well and everyone is working hard.

as far as progress goes, everything is becoming smoother and I am so proud to have a really solid partner to work with. we have come a long way, experimented A LOT, and it's really paying off.

In silks I've gotten my roll up to the point where it is easy to get my body to come over, but it is still hard to do a second roll up.

I can finally base a hand to hand! and I've been working on flying them as well.... but that is a terrifying move.

hand to hand

(you can see my hands leaning outward which I still need to fix, but still!)

does anyone know anything about Cyr wheels? several of us want to get one, but a couple of the guys are much taller and I wondered if anyone had experience with height differences and sizing options for the wheel... if anyone is familiar..

also, I bought my first ballet shoes :)

more photos and video to come especially after the performances.

work is so busy all the time but at least it's a little less stressful for now.

does anyone know anything about Cyr wheels? several of us want to get one, but a couple of the guys are much taller and I wondered if anyone had experience with height differences and sizing options for the wheel... if anyone is familiar..

I did a Cyr workshop this weekend. Ideally, the proper height is in the vicinity of 4 inches taller than your height, however, this can vary depending on body dimensions, and it is definitely possible to learn on one that isn't the ideal height.  None of the wheels at the workshop was really as large as I will probably buy for myself, but I was learning fine.  Once the wheel gets shorter than you are, it becomes a bit more difficult, especially for inside the wheel tricks, but they still had me trying some tiny wheels a couple times.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines