We are the hero of our own story

My first 6 week challenge starts tomorrow!
I'm pretty excited about it and hope that I got the endurance to accomplish my goals.

agyqwQW_460sa.gif

I'm gonna log in this thread everything that helps me to become the hero of my story, be it a workout, a meal that came out great, a quote, a person (real life or fiction) and so on.

There could be something interesting for all of you, so keep on checking my battle logs  ;)

azbAMwb_460sa.gif

But for today I don't have to write something very helpful, because I went out partying yesterday, there was a big party in my village, I drunk pretty much and got a bad hangover today  :very_drunk: hmm...perhaps it is helpful though...don't drink as much as I did!

but right now I'm sitting on my balcony, enjoy the sun and look forward to the next 6 week.

I wish you all a good start!

Level 1 - assassin

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 2, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

Current Challenge: maenumania learns the secrets of spiderman

Battle Log: We are the hero of our story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge Archive: #1 - Let's kill those rats and spider!

Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember nothing is true.
Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are the Assassins.

So, first day is over, what can I say, it was a success! :)

nutrition.gif

I ate all the good paleo stuff, for breakfast and snacks between the meals I packed some carrots, a pepperoni, some nuts and some apples, at lunch I had some carrots again, chicken strips and cauliflower, for dinner I made chicken breast with rice and little...carrot...cubes...damn I eat a lot of carrots!

Hmm, better eat your vegetables! (NSFW)

interval.gif

After work I did an interval training, first an easy run of 3 minutes to warm up, then the first sprint of 30 seconds, 2 minutes pause, then the next sprint and so on, I did 6 sprints and tried to give everything on the last one. So a total of 20 minutes and ~4 kilometers.

sidequests.gif

After that I stretched for 20 minutes to get closer to my side quest to become more flexible. When we talk about side quest, only watched two episodes of big bang theory, no more TV than that and let's have a look on my step counter...10'543 steps at the moment! :D

so yeah, it was a pretty good day!

Level 1 - assassin

Where other men are limited, by morality or law, remember everything is permitted.

Heh...  Fresh Prince and Shoot 'Em Up references?  Color me amused.  Yes, you'll get sick of carrots pretty quick if you eat them three times a day (but then again, you might turn orange… decisions, decisions).  Sprints, stretching, and 10K steps?  Yeesh… you're making me feel lazy.  Guess I should go do some handstands now.  Do you have a goal for daily steps, or are you just logging it for fun?

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Your battle log is so pretty and full of moving pictures. Mine has only letters now. :< buuuut, beside funny pics, you have one ambitious beast of a goal here. Hope you can reach it. But remember, think small at first! Baby steps. Just try and test your limits, and then push them day by day, little by little, because what matters in the end is not how hard you work yourself up, but whether you are consistent about it. =)

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. Words have power.

Second Challenge Rebel (Assassin)
Current Challenge: Assassin's Quest - Igi's Journey II

[Level: 2 | STR 1 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2 ]

Heh...  Fresh Prince and Shoot 'Em Up references?  Color me amused.  Yes, you'll get sick of carrots pretty quick if you eat them three times a day (but then again, you might turn orange… decisions, decisions).  Sprints, stretching, and 10K steps?  Yeesh… you're making me feel lazy.  Guess I should go do some handstands now.  Do you have a goal for daily steps, or are you just logging it for fun?

Bought another kilo of carrots today in the supermarket, I hope I don't turn orange, but I need a costume for carnival here in lucerne, so why not? ;)

bugsbunny2.png

About my steps, I listed it recently as a side quest, so no punishment when I don't reach my 10'000 steps, got only 7'400 today, it's 9pm and I don't feel like reaching this 10k today... :(

Your battle log is so pretty and full of moving pictures. Mine has only letters now. :< buuuut, beside funny pics, you have one ambitious beast of a goal here. Hope you can reach it. But remember, think small at first! Baby steps. Just try and test your limits, and then push them day by day, little by little, because what matters in the end is not how hard you work yourself up, but whether you are consistent about it. =)

Thank you for your kind words Igi, I'll try to do my best to keep you all amused about my progress, I'll saved a bunch of gifs along my journey through the internet and always wondered when I could use them, now here's the time  ;)

I'm very glad I can count on you people that you don't leave me hanging!  :D

aYby9g2_460sa.gif

;)

but for the update of today:

nutrition.gif

Breakfast and snacks: I made a hard boiled egg in the morning, packed some pepperonis, apples, and as you all have already guessed, carrots! :D

Lunch: my mom (yes, I can go to my mom's house and she cooks for me ;) ) made some rice, chicken stripes and curry

Dinner: I didn't eat anything till now, but I'll do a salad for me.

workout.gif

My workout today consisted of pull and push ups.

I've got a push up and pull up app on my phone, so I did them again, it's slightly ago when I used them last, so here's for the record:

First I did the push ups with the following repeats and a 75 second break in between the sets:

17, 18, 18, 19, 19, 21, 18, 18, 17, 17, 16 = 198 push ups

It was getting real hard to the end, but made it, thanks to daft punk's harder, better, faster, stronger on my mp3 player!

Then I did the pull ups with 45 seconds between the sets:

8, 8, 10, 9, 10 = 45 pull ups

I had to fight to get up on the last 5 pull ups of my last set, but I made it up to the bar :D

sidequests.gif

Didn't watched TV today, so that's a win, but didn't made my 10k steps today, but I'll do some stretches after my dinner and then go to sleep to be fit for tomorrow.

What's next?!

I'm going to play some badminton tomorrow for my first time, with a female friend (is there a word in english for a female friend?), so she'll gonna keep me running and sweating because she plays it regularly :D

But I'm pumped and ready to set her muscles on fire!

aWZGMo3_460sa.gif

Level 1 - assassin

is there a word in english for a female friend?

No, we just use "friend" to describe non-romantic acquaintances of both genders.  In English, adding the gender to it (boyfriend or girlfriend) adds a romantic connotation.  Although, women can call their female friends "girlfriends" without there being a romantic connotation (i.e. "I went out to lunch with my girlfriends yesterday" to describe a meeting with her female friends).

Don't ask me why; English is teh weird like that.

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

This battle log is making in pretty style, but I interested in have you quite a lot that kind of partys in your village? ;)

I have hope that won't to interfere with your training and challenge ;)

No, we just use "friend" to describe non-romantic acquaintances of both genders.  In English, adding the gender to it (boyfriend or girlfriend) adds a romantic connotation.  Although, women can call their female friends "girlfriends" without there being a romantic connotation (i.e. "I went out to lunch with my girlfriends yesterday" to describe a meeting with her female friends).

Don't ask me why; English is teh weird like that.

English in some case is really weird to me, but nevertheless I think it is relatively simple. In my language (polish) we have word gender variety for almost all word describing people and not only people (all noun is [even if describing deadly things] in one of three gender form: male, female or neutrally). English to me is in almost all cases gender neutrally.

FlauFly - level 0 - Hylian Assassin

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Current Challenge: Level 1 Rebel - FlauFly's Triforce Assemble!

Battle log: Level 1 Rebel - FlauFly's Road to Triforce!

I'm not native speaker and maybe I doing language mistakes. Correct me, goodwill people.

Triforce of Courage

5%
5%

Triforce of Wisdom

3%
3%

Triforce of Power

8%
8%

English in some case is really weird to me, but nevertheless I think it is relatively simple. In my language (polish) we have word gender variety for almost all word describing people and not only people (all noun is [even if describing deadly things] in one of three gender form: male, female or neutrally). English to me is in almost all cases gender neutrally.

So Polish is like German in that respect?  Yes, that's one of the things I prefer about my mother tongue; no gender-based articles or word endings :)

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

This battle log is making in pretty style, but I interested in have you quite a lot that kind of partys in your village? ;)

I have hope that won't to interfere with your training and challenge ;)

Now it's the time of the year, it's carnival time, there's a party every weekend in all villages ;)

From hour to hour I feel my chest getting sorer and sorer :D

Level 1 - assassin

So, we're coming to my update of day three

nutrition.gif

I started my morning with fresh orange juice, then some apples, banana and a pepperoni.

For lunch I had chicken breast with rice, for dinner I made a turkey breast with potatoes. It was delicious!

I didn't had a cookie or chocolate this week and I don't even miss it, it looks like my body don't need these sugary caloriebombs right now ;)

aKzmeoZ_460sa.gif

workout.gif

As I  mentioned yesterday, I played badminton today with a friend, it was really tough to play against her, but I don't know if I should count this hour of sport as a workout or an interval training, but I'll guess I go for workout. She was pretty good, she won most of the matches, but one match I claimed for myself! :D I felt invincible!

azbM6mz_460sa.gif

sidequests.gif

Watched three episodes of family guy as I came home tonight, and I reached my 10k steps, right now I've got 11'160 steps.

I talked with my friend tonight before badminton and I think she brought back my wish to play an instrument, it would be really great to play piano or guitar, maybe I'll add this to my next challenge, "learn to play an instrument!"

4706526+_e93986452d5e93cf11efbb09dfe2b90

So, that should be enough for today, now I'm heading to the bed and wish all of you a good night!

axNRpr1_460sa.gif

Level 1 - assassin

Day four has almost reached its end, and was I motivated to kill another workout?

ajrVvzR_460sa.gif

But I remembered a blog of Steve where he mentioned a member that allowed himself to complain and swear about a workout that he didn't want to take, but only as long as he get ready to workout, and so did I, put on the hard hat and go to work!

workout.gif

I did a TRX workout today that looked as follows:

TRX Crunches: 15 - 15 - 15, 30 sec pause between each set

Side Plank with hip drop: 10 - 10 - 10, 30 sec pause between each set

TRX Chest press: 15 - 15 - 15, 30 sec pause between each set

TRX squat: 20 - 20 - 20, 45 sec pause between each set (tried to do one leg squats, but after the badminton session yesterday I couldnt :D)

TRX leg curl: 15 - 15 - 15, 45 sec pause between each set

TRX row: 15 - 15 - 15, 30 sec pause between each set

And after that workout I felt great, I even felt so great that I added a interval session on the stationary bike :D

amXvw12_460sa.gif

interval.gif

I did 4 rounds of:

10 sec intense

45 recovery

10 intense

45 recovery

15 intense

45 recovery

20 intense

45 recovery

15 intense

45 recovery

10 intense

45 recovery

10 intense

2 minutes recovery

at the intense part I always put the resistance on the maximum!

Oh boy, I was drenched in sweat after that 30 minutes :D

aAY0xd9_460sa.gif

nutrition.gif

Breakfast again like the last days, I packed some apples and bananas, no carrots today ;)

Lunch I had some potatoes, vegetables and beef

For dinner I made some rice and ground beef with onions on a tomato sauce

sidequests.gif

Didn't walked my 10k steps today, only did 8k :(

But I didn't watched TV today, that's a win :D

see you all next day!

Level 1 - assassin

This TRX workout look very interesting, but do you use any professional equipment? Because I don't like gym, I prefer calistenics and training with bars and other stuffs in parks and open spaces.

So Polish is like German in that respect?  Yes, that's one of the things I prefer about my mother tongue; no gender-based articles or word endings :)

I don't know, because I don't know about German. But in Polish even stuff like chair or car have "gender".

FlauFly - level 0 - Hylian Assassin

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Current Challenge: Level 1 Rebel - FlauFly's Triforce Assemble!

Battle log: Level 1 Rebel - FlauFly's Road to Triforce!

I'm not native speaker and maybe I doing language mistakes. Correct me, goodwill people.

Triforce of Courage

5%
5%

Triforce of Wisdom

3%
3%

Triforce of Power

8%
8%

I bought a sling trainer two weeks ago, it's the Bremshey sling trainer, there was also a sling trainer from Kettler and I asked the seller what's the advantage of the kettler that would explain the 50$ difference, but he said it's only the brand, so I went for the cheaper one.

03864.jpg

you just secure the sling trainer on a door and start the training.

1173BS_aeroSling-DoorAnchor-M-Tuerbefest.

trx-deutschland-suspension-straps-gro%C3

You can do the same workout with a rope like a climbing rope, you just have to add two loops at each end and adjust the length, I did this before, but now I said to myself, it's time to buy something real, so that I don't always have to prepare my rope, and a disadvantage of the rope is the missing grips, so the rope cut a little bit into your hand depending on thickness of it, but you can wear gloves and then it's not so bad.

And yes, in German we have this genders as well ;)

Level 1 - assassin

Day five:

I wrote an update yesterday, but my browser crashed, then I thought meeeh, I write it tomorrow, so here it is:

I didn't do anything sportive, so I took a rest day, because my butt check were still sore from the badminton of wednesday, I needed some recovery time.

giphy.gif

nutrition.gif

For breakfast I had a pepperoni, some nuts and a banana.

For lunch I had risotto, broccoli and beef.

For dinner I made rice and some fish.

sidequests.gif

Only did 6'000 steps, did no stretching and watched a movie (the prisoners) and two episodes of family guy, so that day I didn't achieved something, but you can't win everyday :)

Day six:

No sport today, but we went bodyflying, it was so cool

For those of you that don't know what it is:

nutrition.gif

I was a little bit nervous before bodyflying, so I only eat an apple and a banana.

For dinner we had fajitas, so no paleo, the first no paleo meal in this week, I've got one left ;)

sidequests.gif

Did 5'000 steps till now, but I plan to go out, so there's some room for more ;), was almost the whole day out of the house, so not really watched TV

Level 1 - assassin

She looks so perky! hehe

You see, TRX training makes you happy ;)

Level 1 - assassin

Like I said in the post yesterday, I was out at the carneval, I dressed up as a nerd

I dressed up as a nerd...

but on the inside, I was a hero, it was a fun night, cool people, funny dresses and I walked up to almost 9'000 steps ;)

...but only to release my inner hero!

Sunday - last day of week 1

Last day of week 1 and I had only 1 interval training left, so I did it

interval.gif

I did again 4 rounds on the stationary bike:

10 sec intense

45 recovery

10 intensei

45 recovery

15 intense

45 recovery

20 intense

45 recovery

15 intense

45 recovery

10 intense

45 recovery

10 intense

2 minutes recovery

nutrition.gif

I did today a breakfast that I read on a book, it's called a berry pancake

You need 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 cup of berries, 4 eggs (separate the egg white and yolk), 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.

Preheat the oven to 200° Celsius (400 Fahrenheit), heat the butter in a oven proof skillet, didn't have such so I took a backing tin instead, add the berries and simmer for 3-5 minutes, use an electric mixer to beat the egg whites until it's stiff, in the other bowl add the vanilla and cinnamon to the egg yolks and whisk it for 1-2 minutes by hand, then spread the egg batter evenly on top of the berries. then put it in the oven and let it bake for 10-12 minutes.

Berry pancake in the oven

I added to much berries, so it's a little bit too juicy, note the fresh pressed orange juice ;)

Berry pancake

But still, it was pretty good!

For lunch I had beef filet and potato gratin, so the whole day was a paleo success.

Level 1 - assassin

Week 2, day one

The first week was a success, so I try to ensure that the second is also successful.

nutrition.gif

Did a good job this morning with resisting that cake at work

Resist sweets? No problem, it's a piece of cake

But my mom made a lasagna for lunch, my first not paleo meal is away, only one left :(

For dinner I made potatoes and a beef steak, it was delicious :tongue:

workout.gif

Did the bootcamp 1 workout of the workout trainer by skimble app

1 round of:

Torso twist 1 minute

Side lunges 1 minute

Drop squat 1 minute

Jumping jacks 1 minute

High knees 1 minute

Rest 1:30 minute

2 rounds of:

Burpees 2 minutes

Rest 30 sec

Double crunches 2 minutes

Rest 30 sec

Mountain climbers 2 minutes

Rest 30 sec

Jumping jacks 2 minutes

Rest 30 sec

Push Ups 2 minutes

Rest 30 sec

Bicycle crunches 2 minutes

Rest 30 sec

High knees 2 minutes

Rest 30 sec

Rest 1 minute

2 rounds of:

Squat jacks 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

Double crunches 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

Mountain climbers 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

Bicycle Crunches 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

Rest 1 minute

2 rounds of:
Butt kickers 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

Diamond push ups

Rest 10 sec

Jumping jacks 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

Arm curls 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

Rest 1 minute

2 rounds of:
Butt kickers 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

Scissor kicks 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

Chair tricep dips 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

Elbow Plank 20 sec

Rest 10 sec

1 round of:
child's pose 1 minute
Cat cow 1 minute
Side bends 1 minute
Shoulder stretches 1 minute

sidequests.gif

Watched an episode of the Simpsons today, did 8k steps till now, convinced another member to attend the europe meet up thread and I'm gonna do some stretches later

amX2Lxv_460sa.gif

Level 1 - assassin

Tuesday, 4. March

Week 2, day 2

I didn't felt like doing any sports today, had much work to do, had to buy some stuff, went home and wondered how I could motivate myself to train, then an idea popped in my head, I could watch 300 :D

Boy and I can tell you, this is some serious motivation stuff!

tumblr_mscue4AF3z1sx2peuo1_r1_500.gif

interval.gif

I did 4 rounds on the stationary bike:
10 sec intense
45 recovery
10 intense
45 recovery
15 intense
45 recovery
20 intense
45 recovery
15 intense
45 recovery
10 intense
45 recovery
10 intense
2 minutes recovery

Then I went to the workout stuff, because 300 was still on ;)

workout.gif

Don't felt like doing any program of an app, so I took my 10kg fitness bag and did the following exercises

3 sets of

Squat 15x
Side to side swing 15x
Dead lift 15x
Curls each hand 15x
Overhead tricep press 20x
Overhead press 20x
Then I took the fitness bag and swung the bag around me and tried to keep my upper body as stiff as possible, each side for 1 minute

nutrition.gif

For breakfast I had a fried egg and bacon :tongue:
Lunch I had a sausage and rösti, how is that called in english? do you even know that? It's a swiss speciality, it's grated potatoes and looked just about that:
rosti_mit_bratwurst.jpg

And for dinner I made some salad.

sidequests.gif

Only walked 5k steps today :( and watched 300 and I am watching right now another movie, so TV quest is not successful, but I'm gonna do some stretches after I sent that post

Level 1 - assassin

Cheers to another day!

Had a really stressful day at work today, something worked not right and I could nothing do about it because it's another support team responsible for this, but it affects our employee, so they couldn't work right, and all I could do was to apologize for the problem :( phoned the whole day with that support team in another country.

But enough of that stress, my co-worker asked my today if I had time to play badminton, because I had to work late and wanted to go for a run but probably came home when it's dark outside I said yes!

workout.gif

One hour badminton with my co-worker, he plays a lot harder than my friend I played last week!

tumblr_inline_mxa7ro7B4Y1rz810m.gif

nutrition.gif

Breakfast I had fried egg and bacon again ;)

For lunch I went with some co-workers eating, I had a curry with rice and beef meat, delicious :tongue:

I made again a salad for dinner

sidequests.gif

I made 9'000 steps today, haven't stretched right now, don't think I'm gonna do it tonight...

Sitting in front of the TV right now, but I'm not gonna watch long, because I'm tired

tumblr_m9b2gzZgIv1r70n32.gif

Good night everybody, see you tomorrow!

Level 1 - assassin

badminton1868.jpg

:D

• Like 1

Level 1 - assassin

Forget to write an update on thursday and yesterday, so here are both!

Thursday, 6. March

My girlfriend and I had our 4th anniversary and went to the city to celebrate

nutrition.gif

For breakfast I had some nuts, apples and bananas.

Lunch I had mashed potatoes and beef.

For dinner we went to a restaurant, I had a mushroom risotto, but for the dessert we had some chocolate specialties, so no paleo, but I like to forgive it to me, because it was an extraordinary day :)

workout.gif

I was a bit tired when we came home, but had a bad conscience because of the dessert, so I started my push ups app and did them:

75 seconds rest between:

17, 18, 18, 18, 19, 19, 21, 19, 19, 18, 18, 17, 17

a total of 220 push ups.

I still can feel that workout in my chest, great feeling ;)

sidequests.gif

Did 8k steps, not reached the 10k, but didn't watched TV, because most of the time I wasn't at home ;)

but did no stretching.

Friday...TGIF

interval.gif

I went for interval running after work, did 6 sprint parts on 20 minutes running, I ran a distance of approximately 4 kilometers.

Here's the runkeeper log

Did some stretches after that.

nutrition.gif

Hadn't much for breakfast, because I had to go to the dentist and wasn't allowed to eat some hours after that, my next meal was lunch, I had salad, fish and potatoes.

For dinner I made a rump steak and rice.

sidequests.gif

I made a total of 11k steps, was in front of the TV the whole night, but didn't watched a movie or series, I played some games, so no wasted time in my opinion :D

I wish you all a great weekend!

Level 1 - assassin