AverageJoe vs. Two-Face

AverageJoe

Time to Take on Two-Face!!!

For those of you just tuning in I'm AverageJoe and I'm on a grand journey to go from Fatman to Batman.  Last challenge I battled my way out of the pit (barely  :nightmare: ).  I ended the last challenge at 204lbs and 21% body fat, the lowest I've been in a LOOOONNNNGGG time!  But that sub 200lbs/20% mark is still being elusive. I also used the FBI Fitness test to evaluate my progress, which gives you a grade based on performance in various exercises.  I want to take a similar approach and take on some of Gotham's greatest Villains.  First up TWO FACE!! 

1692963-profile_twoface.jpeg

TWO-FACE - GOAL #1

Break the 2 barrier!  Get below (and stay below) 200lbs and 20% body fat!!  I'm sooo close I can taste it.  I'm sure I've gained back a little since the end of the last challenge (battling a cold = no exercise and poor food choices) but I CAN and WILL reach this goal.

This is a straight Pass/Fail scenario:  Pass = Cha +3 Wis + 2 

TWO-FACE - GOAL #2: 

Gain 2 points each for my pushups, pull ups and situps (per FBI test)

This means...

45 situps in 1 minute (currently 41, so should be doable)

44 consecutive pushups (currently at 35)

14 consecutive Pull ups (currently at 11)

All three exercises achieved = Str +3, Dex +2

TWO-FACE - GOAL #3:

Spend 2 date nights/week.  One with my wife and one with my daughter.  The end of last challenge I really pushed myself and didn't spend as much family time as I would have liked.

6 weeks = Wis +3, Con +2

First step for this challenge will be to get healthy and beat this cold.  Then the training begins!!!

Batman_vs._Two-Face_Vol_1_1.jpg

Half/Ogre, Ranger Level 0

STR: 0, Dex: 0, STA: 0, Con: 0, WIS: 0, CHA: 0

AWESOME theme! and such lofty goals. I would like to be able to do one pull-up... sheesh!

Good luck this challenge and of course I am subbed and will be following :)

P.S. Like the new avatar.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

AWESOME theme! and such lofty goals. I would like to be able to do one pull-up... sheesh!

Good luck this challenge and of course I am subbed and will be following :)

P.S. Like the new avatar.

Thanks for tuning in.  I thought it was time to make the change, felt like I was ready to graduate past the Adam West Batman

Joeeeeeeee! This looks so good and it's so clever! Waaaaaaaaa  I need help :(

I just hopped over to your post. It's awesome!  We'll keep each other on track promise!

Love it Joe!  I can't wait till I get to the point where I am close to dropping below the 200s :)

It'll be here before you know it!  You've made HUGE progress.  

Love the layout and the goals!

I'm sure those last few pounds will not be a problem in 6 weeks.

I hope not, I've been plateauing and fluctuating more lately and my BF% has been slow to change.  Also, with less structured food and fitness challenges I'm hopeful I won't fall off the wagon and let things slide.

Awesome looking challenge Joe! I love that it carries over nicely from the last challenge. You're gonna rock this!

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Boy do I have an update.  The start of this challenge has been anything but good!  :upset:

So my wife is 7 months pregnant and last friday went to the Dr. and was diagnosed with a Cold/Upper respiratory infection, Stomach bug and concerning high blood pressure.  Meanwhile, my 4 yr old daughter has just gotten over the same cold and I now have it too.  The Dr. had her come in on Monday for some additional tests for the blood pressure issue.  By Monday night she was admitted to the hospital for monitoring and was diagnosed with mild Preeclampsia.  Luckily it's mild enough that they released her last night and they don't have to delivery prematurely (Yet **fingers crossed**) but she's now been ordered to stay home and rest (no work, no chores, no cleaning, etc.).  She has to go to the Dr. twice a week until her condition worsens and the deliver or until 37 weeks (currently at 30 wk) and they deliver.  Oh AND we're trying to sell our house/find a place with a shorter commute (ie. more family time & less stress)  :nevreness:

So what does this mean for my goals?  Basically I haven't been able to do $%(#&!!!!  Between caring for my wife & daughter (and worrying about them) I haven't had time to exercise.  Not that I could anyway, stress and this cold have only allowed a maximum stretch of 3-4 hr of sleep at a time.  So energy levels are low and I can't take a full breath without having a coughing fit.  And diet?  Let's not talk about that :neglected:

But I'm going to stay positive  :pride: My wife, daughter and unborn son are OK, stable and relatively healthy.  I may not be 100% but I'm healthy enough (and stubborn as hell) so I can take care of them and pick up the slack around the house.  I may not have taken steps towards looking like Batman but thanks to this cold I sound like him  :playful:

Sorry for the long rambling post.  Hopefully I'll have time soon to see how everyone's doing on their quests for awesomeness. 

That hits me right in the feels.

My sister has a history of difficult pregnancy. Perhaps I will share those stories with you after your son is born, but for now I don't want you to even get those thoughts in your brain. You are going to take great care of your wife and I'm sure there will be no issues :)

Best of luck and keep us updated when you can.

Dude these are some epic friggen goals and I'm stoked to see how you do!

I liked the two date nights...I have found my relationship with my daughter has significantly increased since I started spending some quality just us time...

Your weight goal is completely doable...What is your actual goal weight? Are you going to try to get some place and kind of stay within x pounds? 

Your friggen fitness numbers are awesome...35 pushups, 41 situps, and 15 pullups...that amazing...Do you have to do them in sequential order or do they give you a break?

Edit::

Helps to read updates before posting...

Family First boss....definitely family first...Take care of your ladies..and boy.

• Like 1
Level 4 Dragonborn Ranger
STR 5 |STA 4 | INT 2 | WIS 1 | CON 7 | CHA 5

Level 1 | Level 2 | Level 3 | Level 4

I am still super impressed at your FBI fitness test goals.  I'm really sitting here going someday... maybe someday I can do that.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife, and also the mini-plague that's hit your household.  Pregnancy can be some scary stuff, it's a big deal to create another human being out of your own body!  I hope you all get over your colds quickly and that your wife can hold out to a better delivery time.  At least you can get some exercise cleaning up the house and stuff by yourself?  (talk about your ultra-thin silver linings)

Stay healthy and take care of yourself.  It's cool to want to be Batman, but you have something he doesn't - a family.

Butts.

Gah so many people have such awesomely cohesive themed challenges this time around! You most definitely included. I enjoyed reading through your missions.  Especially the date nights.  So wonderful :)

I'm glad everyone in your family is doing well... sending you and them my best!  I'm sure once they are 100% you will kick Two Face's butt.

Hey Joe!

I'm thinking of you guys, wish I was there! I hope you're feeling better too! I had a personal vistory Tuesday and dead lifted 80 pounds and did 30 handstand push ups!  I wanted to share it with you!  I'm still trying to figure out how to reply directly to peoples comments like you do.  When you're feeling better and up to it maybe you can walk me through it over the phone. Thanks for taking suchgood care of my sister and niece and soon to be nephew!  

Oh man! That royally sucks, but at least the major scare is getting over. Family first ofcourse. 

IF you are doing the chores, you COULD drop down and do a few pushups/situps. Any random time would do. It would keep your energy stoked, and work on your general upper and lower body.

Here's hoping to all 3 (4 in a way) to a quick recovery :)

Half-Orc Ranger in training - Level 2

STR: 4 STA: 2 DEX: 2 CON: 0.5 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

[1 [Current Challenge]

Accountabilibuddies DAI-GURREN BRIGADE

First and foremost!! Thanks for all the support.  

Life Update: Things are settling down a little bit so hopefully I can find my groove and rock the productivity.  The family is doing pretty well.  The wife stayed home yesterday and besides Dr appts and stopping by work today to get her temporary replacement set up she under house arrest until further notice.  She's feeling sore and tired but her cold is slowly improving.  My cold is in a holding pattern, being battled by over the counter chemicals, an endless flow of cough drops and tea, topped off with stubbornness and will power.  

Challenge Update:  So I've decided to not check my weight or BF% until the end of the challenge.  I don't want to get discouraged by a rough start and I don't want to take it easy on myself if I (by some miracle) reach my goal early.  For the fitness goals, I'll be doing similar (if not exactly the same) exercises as I intend to evaluate so I'll probably have an idea of how close I am throughout the challenge.  I did force myself to get a small workout in after putting the kid to bed and getting some housework done.  

3 sets (10, 8 and 5 reps): Pull ups, squats, push ups, and cross punch sit ups

Not what I'd like to be posting but it's something.

Unless you count an evening in the hospital or giving my daughter a bath, date nights have not happened :(  but the week is not over yet.  Time to rally and get into gear.

Side Quest added: [AKA: ALFRED I NEED YOU!!!] Create and stick with a chore schedule/to do list for the week to help organize time and ease stress.

01adabd918021d979be0c53bdbf0ba21.jpg

• Like 1

Glad yo hear the family is doing a little better. Nothing sucks more than sick family members and you can do nothing to male them better. Sending you good vibes so everyone continues to improve!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

If everyones still sick by the end of the week, you taking such good care of your family should definitely count towards your date nights.

Yeah I told my wife we're having a Baby-Name Date Nite tonight (we still don't know what to call the soon to be ankle biter).  Of course I just got a request to go help our friends get their coal stove going tonight so maybe Date nite will be postponed =(

Glad yo hear the family is doing a little better. Nothing sucks more than sick family members and you can do nothing to male them better. Sending you good vibes so everyone continues to improve!

Yeah we're all on the mend.  The Mrs. went into work for a couple of hours yesterday to finalize some things and it wiped her out!  My cold's slowly improving.  Biggest win = last night EVERYONE slept the whole night!! I got almost 7 straight hours of sleep!! YEAH!

BigBangTheory-HappyDance.gif

• Like 2

I agree, AverageJoe....you are sooo close! That must be a huge motivation boost! 

I think that it's great that you have set aside time for your wife and daughter. 

GOOD LUCK!!!

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin

Week 1 Update:

To sum it up...Fail  :grumpy:  :grumpy:  :grumpy:

So the game of Life pretty much got in the way of ALL my perfectly laid out plans.  So Exercise didn't really happen, Diet was terrible.  I totally stress ate all week!!  I knew it too and just wasn't strong enough to stop it.  My lunches weren't too bad, they were packed and I could restrict my access but at home it was ugly.  

OK enough of the whoa is me I had a bad week crap!  Time to strap on the ol' utility belt and Bat-a-rang week two in the face!!  I've made a chore schedule that should allow me to keep up with all the house work now that the baby-making-wife is on bed rest.  I will hopefully be able to work in some exercise time too.  Also I've planned a full week of awesome 90+% paleo meals (I've decided to allow homemade humus and some non-paleo Veggies in the mix).  I just finished baking 6 ready to reheat mini-fritatas, prepping some meatloaf for tomorrow night, and stuffing some chicken with onions/peppers/spinach for a crock-pot meal later this week.  All other meals are either quick throw together or crock-pot ready.  Also on the positivitude bandwagon I'm nearly over my cold, just a lingering occasional cough so YEAH!

Total culinary side note... I discovered a neat trick to make a "creamy" paleo dressing.  I make a vinaigrette and whisk in mashed hard boiled egg yolks.  It thickens right up and tastes pretty damn good too.  Lucky for me my four year old loves hard boiled eggs, but only the whites so I have a fair amount of yolks lying around.  Anyway hope everyone is ready to rock week 2!!

It sounds like you've got a solid plan for week 2!  That dressing sounds interesting.  I think when I was four I didn't like the yolks either, heh.

And hey after a week like that it's pretty much gotta be all uphill from here!  Or is it all downhill from here?  You know, whichever one of those means "better."  (I believe that downhill is generally negative, but going uphill is harder, so...?)

Let's kick some week two butt!

Butts.

It sounds like you've got a solid plan for week 2!  That dressing sounds interesting.  I think when I was four I didn't like the yolks either, heh.

And hey after a week like that it's pretty much gotta be all uphill from here!  Or is it all downhill from here?  You know, whichever one of those means "better."  (I believe that downhill is generally negative, but going uphill is harder, so...?)

Let's kick some week two butt!

Yeah hoping that week 2 will be better.  The dressing was surprisingly good, I tend to experiment a lot and the science nerd in me loves messing with stuff like that.  Sometimes it even works!!

it-s-science-o.gif

Sometimes.. Not so much

• Like 1

Week 1 is history. You have a lot on your plate, so I wouldn't beat yourself up too bad.

Batman always has some sort of adversity that he has to face and conquer. You will do the same.

Also now because of that beaker gif all I can hear is... meep, meep, MEEP MEEP MEEP meepmeepmeepmeep

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines