JessFit Act III - No day but today

JessFit

Life has held a lot of changes for me lately. Thankfully, I hope, most have been for the best. What I want for myself is to be a better person. I want to be stronger, smarter, more thoughtful, and more in control of my own life. Sometimes it is only too easy to say "tomorrow" but we shouldn't. Tomorrow isn't always an option. Today I turn to Rent, a fantastic musical, to embrace the theme for this challenge. This challenge I live in the moment and I work to make myself better right now.

Forget-regret.jpg

Get your tushy to the gym 3x a week

With the new work schedule this is going to be MUCH harder than it used to be. In an ideal world I will still get p at 5:30am like I did at the old job but instead of leaving for work at 5:45 I will leave for the gym instead. Keep in mind, I am not a morning person and am pretty afraid to fail this one. Still, 3x a week at any time is better than nothing and again, a mix of weight training and running. Plus, at least 1 hour of Yoga a week. 18 total gym visits + 6 Yogas! Str +2, Dex +2, Sta +2.

STOP EATING TAKEOUT, for serious, it makes you feel like poo

This last week I haven't wanted to cook when I get home at 6:30. 6:30 pm is really late for me, so I've been picking up food. Plus, since I'm not cooking then I'm not taking leftovers for work, so I'm going out again at lunch. This must stop, my wallet and my tummy are both against this. So, cook at least 3 dinners a week. Preferably paleo dinners (but lets not get carried away here.) 18 total dinners! Cha +3

Develop your mind as much as your muscles

I've always been the brainy/nerdy/not-athletic person. All you here on NF probably understand this. However lately I haven't been challenging my mind nearly as much. It is great to be able to do stuff physically that I never imagined but I can't just do that. I want to write about 30 different journal prompts through the course of the challenge to make myself think.  30 total journal entries! Wis +3

Muscles, mind, and money...

In the past I have set goals to not transfer monies from savings and to not use my credit card. They carry over to this challenge but they don't really need to, NF challenges past have done their job and not using those and planning monies better has become second nature now. This time I want to not only be on the defensive, I want to be proactive. I owe lots of monies (student loans, grumble grumble) and I hate that. This challenge I will pay off at least $1,000 of debt! Seriously, I want to see the numbers on my loans shrink and I want to feel more in control of my life. $1,000 total! Con +3

Bonus -  the Jitters goal

Jitters the clown, a man I'm very lucky to call a friend, has inspired me to do a bonus goal of 6 random acts of kindness (RAKs) this round. We spend so much time working on and for ourselves during these challenges that I feel like maybe it will be good to focus on others a little bit. I'm not sure what these RAKs will be but I'm thrilled to do them and to give Jitters the opportunity to comment "Nice Rak". (We all know that it is coming). 6 RAKs total! I'm not awarding myself any points for this, because I feel like this is a reward in itself. However I am inserting the caveat that if I fail this goal, no matter how I do on the others, I get no points for any of the other goals.

Thank you for all being here for this, you are so wonderful!

• Like 2

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

First to sub! But Hatter beat me to the comment!

I like this RAK thing and will try to incorporate it more into my life.

You can totally do paleo dinners if you put your mind to it. Soups! Stews! But I know you have a lot on your plate... haha plate... food... English :D I'm planning a "re-launch" of the Paleo Cave in March. You gave me that idea to try to paleo-fy a shamrock shake, which is brilliant. Got mint at the grocery store this weekend. Can't wait!

Good luck again! Kick major ass!

tumblr_n0uzug62hT1trp8c2o1_500.gif

omg. LOVE!

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I am beyond honored that I have inspired you to have a nice rak. Time to kick some ass.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Oh awesome stuff.   I  love the Jitters goal!   I might think about adding that in!

And haha, your 'take out makes you feel like poo' - I have that discussion with myself EVERY single time.

"Hey Starpuck, how you feel after that restaurant food?"

"Like crap.  All bloaty and icky."

"Yeah, so we're not going to do that again, right?"

"Right."

Two days later...

"Hey Starpuck ... how you feel THIS time?"

"*sulk*  Like crap."

Cheering you on!  And mooching ideas.

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

DoublePost.gif

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

Thanks guys! So glad you all could join me! I'll be popping by all of your lovely challenges soon

First to sub! But Hatter beat me to the comment!

I like this RAK thing and will try to incorporate it more into my life.

You can totally do paleo dinners if you put your mind to it. Soups! Stews! But I know you have a lot on your plate... haha plate... food... English :D I'm planning a "re-launch" of the Paleo Cave in March. You gave me that idea to try to paleo-fy a shamrock shake, which is brilliant. Got mint at the grocery store this weekend. Can't wait!

Good luck again! Kick major ass!

tumblr_n0uzug62hT1trp8c2o1_500.gif

omg. LOVE!

Paleo meals I'm usually ok with, but I'm just trying not to overshoot myself this time. Yay for paleo shamrock shakes and the paleo cave. Super excited for that!

tumblr_lkjc9jWl2H1qb69r0.gif

Oh awesome stuff.   I  love the Jitters goal!   I might think about adding that in!

And haha, your 'take out makes you feel like poo' - I have that discussion with myself EVERY single time.

"Hey Starpuck, how you feel after that restaurant food?"

"Like crap.  All bloaty and icky."

"Yeah, so we're not going to do that again, right?"

"Right."

Two days later...

"Hey Starpuck ... how you feel THIS time?"

"*sulk*  Like crap."

Cheering you on!  And mooching ideas.

EVERY SINGLE TIME! So glad that you understand

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Thanks all! Vella, I'm actually at a point in my life where I think the finance goal will be the easiest. I just took a logical approach.

My yoga teacher is back from 2 weeks of vacation and I've got class tonight, yay! I think I've been very not-productive lately and that sucks. No bueno. So I'm trying to force myself to stop using my new schedule as an excuse and to actually do stuff.

Current Challenge

Battle Log

1338652949407s.jpg

lets+do+this+_7044dcd3deec66a12c265dc31b

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

And we are happy to watch that happen.

pg6w8o44.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Definitely starting following this without even reading it because of the Rent, but your goals look really awesome as well. Best of luck!!

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

Yup. With you on the takeout, pivotal nature of RAK's, and just... yeah. The whole shebang, madam. =D

Can't wait to hear how it goes. =)

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

Hi guys! Day 1 and I've already done stuff, woah!

So guess what I did today, I ate out. Yep, that happened. But it went like this: got home from work at 6:30, had to leave at 7 to get to yoga. Knew there was nothing in my house that I could cook and eat in that time frame so I just changed and went to panera because panera is one of the less sucky options. Then I yogaed, YAY <3 My yoga teacher has been gone the last two weeks so that was great. And then I went to the grocery store so I wouldn't have the same problem tomorrow or whenever. I made egg-cups with spinach and bacon and mushrooms for breakfast for the rest of the week, made sauteed apples to go with leftover plain chicken for lunch tomorrow, and prepped a chicken and butternut squash soup for the crockpot tomorrow. What I've come to realize is that many of my favorite meals are paleo, as is everything I made today. Win!

Also, I bought some oil to try oil cleansing instead of the harsh chemical stuff I'm constantly putting on my face. I have a friend that had a (crazy expensive) oil cleanser that I tried for a few days and loved, but at $35 for 6oz I'm not doing that. I went out and bought some natural oils based off of a website I found and the ingredients in the cleanser I liked and voila, an oil cleanser for way cheaper. Can't wait to see how it works.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

You handled that grocery crunch like a champ. =) And yeah man... Panera isn't a bad option at all. Personally, I like supporting them just because Panera Cares is such a damn great idea and we've got one right here in the city. =)

Also... jeebus you prepped a ton of good stuff. Jelly, to say the least. =D

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

Sub'd and looking forward to following!  :)

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Hey partner!

Day 1 sounds good. I know eating out is against one of your challenge rules, but it sounds like you mitigated the damage. I know Panera has some good salad/soup choices. You can definitely falter if you fall deep into their bakery stuff, but I'm sure you didn't.

I've been failing to plan at the beginning of this challenge, because of extra hours at work and just a whole lot of feeling off. I'm definitely setting time aside today to plan out meals and schedule. You know what all the cool kids say, 'if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.' So true.

So no worries about day 1. Sit up straight. Eyes forward. Chest out. Shoulders back. Eye of the tiger! Beast mode activated!

lets-rock-this-bitch1.gif

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines