JessFit Act III - No day but today

JessFit

I used a mix of olive oil and castor oil. It worked pretty well and I was very pleased with my skin. But I actually hate to wash my face NOT in the shower (i.e. I don't like to use a washcloth). Now that I think about it, that's a pretty lame excuse. But anyway, I really like the way the olive oil felt on my skin. Let me know how it goes!

I'm doing castor oil and grapeseed oil (did I already post that?) and I week in I'm noticing changes. Overall better but random mini-breakouts where/when I wouldn't normally get them. I've read that it can take a couple weeks for your skin to adjust so I'm waiting it out.

I love your goals of journaling and the RAK.  Do you have a public journal like livejournal or a wordpress?  Also, am I a terrible person that I thought of strip clubs when I read RAK?

YOU GO GIRL!!! :)

I don't, and I'm also terribly attached to my writing so I almost never put it out there for people but I may get my old blogs going again for my RAKs if they're crafty and throw stuff up on there

Well you are clearly Wonder Woman and you are creating a race of Amazonians in Chicago. That's awesome!

flashpoint-WonderWoman.jpg?1375193291

Great job partner :)

Thanks, I would love a bunch of lifting minions! I have craft minions already and I love them

That is so awesome. Do you know how to make them already or following a tutorial? If so, I'd love to see how it's done!

I know how to make them, on a no-longer-on-the-interwebs blog I once wrote a tutorial so maybe I'll post it on the new blog for you. It really isn't hard.

Hahaha. "Fit version of a shower beer" made me chuckle. ;)

And yeeeaaah for proselytizing good squat form! We've gotta lift together very soonly. =D

Yes, yes we do!

tumblr_n1o2xymClo1rg58bpo1_500.jpg

Thanks partner! I ran on Thursday and cooked dinner on Friday so I'm in a decent place but I really need to get my tushy to the gym today, you're totally right!

Have a great weekend all!

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Ceasefire, I'll see what I can do.

Speaking of RAKs, I've been thinking a lot about what I could do. I came up with some nice ideas but then I started trying to think of nice things that had been done for people that I knew and I thought back to my great uncle. He was older and sick and a very sweet man. I lived near and often with him in college. He was in and out of the hospital and we had nurses come into the house most days to help us with something. One day I came home and he showed me a pouch that someone had given him, I have no clue who, but it hung from his walker so he could move stuff like his juice bottles and glasses around with him even though he was using a walker. It was a godsend to him because it made things so much easier and it allowed him so much more independence. There is a senior center a couple of blocks away and I was thinking that I could make similar walker pouches and take them over to the senior center. I plan to do some of the other RAKs that I was thinking of like the handwarmers for my mailman, but I think I would love to make a number of walker pouches for the senior center. I figure that if I can make a dozen then I will be in good shape! So I may be editing that challenge a bit to accommodate this new idea of mine.

Yesterday I made it to the gym for a lift. I got in a good workout and I'm carb-loading so that I can get the weights I'm lifting back up because this is a little sad for me to be lifting so little right now. Saturday work weights are below:

Squat: 3x5x140

Lat Pulldown: 2x3x60kg

Shoulder press: 3x5x50

Power Cleans: 3x5x55

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Week 1 Update

giphy.gif

Goal 1, get to the Gym 3x +1 yoga: Yep, win, 2x for lifting, 1 for running, and 1 yoga class

Goal 2, cook dinner 3x: Made Dinner 5 nights and made a few lunches. Yay!

Journals 5x: 0, big fat fail. But I'm aiming for 30 total, not so much per week, and I'll make this up in the coming weeks

Debt: $300 paid, that much closer to my $1000!

RAKS: More thinking than doing but I'm happy with my ideas

Current Challenge

Battle Log

I think that is a wonderful idea, Jess! Very compasionite to help out a center like that.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

As a full-time volunteer, I completely approve of this challenge! The walker pouches sound like an awesome project. Have fun!

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

Oh way to go!   That is some total kickassery you got going there Jess!    Very nice!

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

Thanks guy, I got one seriously random thing in yesterday. I got off the train and there was some poor guy sleeping in the sidewalk covered in snow, so I went into subway and got him a gift card. I don't typically give to the homeless in Chicago because so many of them really aren't homeless and so many of them actually make more money than I do. But I felt so bad for this guy, it was -25 with the windchill.

Also had a great yoga class last night and when I got home I was so relaxed I just went straight to bed, 2 hours early. Didnt cook and didnt do anything productive. This is weird, since I got stuck working different hours than planned I don't get to go to Friday yoga anymore and it seems to take up my whole night on Monday (it is still only an hour but it's placed in the middle of my free time after work) so Monday has gone from being my most productive day to being my least. It doesn't make me gabby but I've just got to cope.

In other good news, one of my friends was told by her doctor to decrease her bf% for medical reasons, which is sad because she is like a size 6 or 8. So she's going to start lifting with me and I get to play trainer starting tomorrow!

Have a great Tursday all!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

I wanted to find something fun and motivational to put on your thread today, but instead I ran into a bunch of images with quotes perpetuating the idea that a female's main motivation is to do anything is to get a man. So I stopped looking because that is just dumb.

Instead here is an adorable girl and a cute puppy.

tumblr_n1i7ijVSXM1qa8gt7o1_400.gif

You're doing great. Continue down your awesome-bricked road to Awesome Town, USA. Population: you.

• Like 2

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

You're doing so great! I've been wishing so hard that I'd started all this in college because one of my best friends got deeply into lifting. He knows SO MUCH and now I live 500+ miles away. It's so cool that you've got a partner now!

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

Me mayor? Haha I would rethink that. But I'm totally honored that I've been nominated for mayor of what sounds like the coolest place on earth! Batwoman, you're pretty good at the nommage too, you and Wendy would make a crazy team.

Taught my friend squat, bench, and deadlift last night. She picked them up really fast and I'm thrilled with it. Excited to lift again on Friday! Also, made dinner twice already this week (haven't journaled at all though)

Work weights:

Squat: 2x5x145, 1x3x145 <- I'll get that poopy set on Friday

Bench: 3x5x65

Deadlift: 1x5x115

Superset: chin-up/jumping pull-ups/dips x2

Now that I have a gym buddie I may be able to take some

Photos and videos to share!

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Way to go, Ms. Mayor!  Glad to hear you're doing well.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines