Cyberdildonics gets her stuff together

Cyberdildonics

I've had a terrible two months. Food poisoning, colds, sprained ankles, broken bicycles, broken cars, dying pets, failed exams, etc, and as a result my stuff hasn't exactly been together. I've been to the gym a few times, calories are more-or-less on target, but I'm getting fat and lazy again and it's making me sad. Time to buck up my ideas and get my stuff back together, so!

Main quest

Get strong, run far, be ready for the next mudder (April 26th)!

Goals therefore

Run 45mins at weekends. Either two sessions or one hella long one.

Eat 3000 calories minimum. 160g protein. Not-cake.

Gym MTTF for 45mins as follows:

Monday: Squats and hip thrusts

Tuesday: Bench and pushups

Thursday: Leg raises and planks

Friday: Pullups and pullups

Wednesday will also contain gym, optional, which will be bridge and planche practice. Stretching/balance/etc.

Side quest

I am going to learn how to rebuild a bicycle, as there's a bunch of things wrong with my backup, Lacie, and she needs fixing. I could pay somebody £150.00 to do it, or I can get my lazy butt in gear and do it myself! Major repairs as follows:

Replace bottom bracket (the horriblest noises)

Replace front derailleur cable (frayed and barely clinging on)

Adjust rear derailleur (so that I actually have more than four gears)

Possibly replace rear wheel (or at least work out why the hell it wobbles from side to side)

Completely overhaul the drivetrain (just ew)

Hey ho, let's go.. I guess.

Cyberdildonics || Half-Orc || Level 3 Ranger

STR 5.5 || DEX 3.5 || STA 7 || CON 7 || WIS 8.5 || CHA 6

"Train like your stronger, fitter evil-twin is plotting to kill you."

I'm gonna subscribe,

curious to see how your side quest goes! I know the very basics of fixing bikes, curious to see how you will do on that whole thing.

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Hooray challenge!

For all of your rebuilding/repair goals I suggest this:

http://www.parktool.com/product/big-blue-book-of-bicycle-repair-3rd-edition-BBB-3

I've got a copy (older edition I think) and I love it.  Teaches you everything you need to know.  The Park Tools website also has some great reference material as well!

-KiltedCowboy

Damn the Torpedos, Full Speed Ahead

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

Rev. 22:1-5

Confederate Thrower of Heavy Stuff

Lt. WFD - 37'9" | Hvy. WFD - 16'8" | Braemar Stone - 21'0" | Open Stone - 28'7

WOB - ? | Lt. Hammer - 71'7"| Hvy. Hammer - ? | Sheaf - ? | Caber - ?

So that apparently double posted so I'm editing the second one with a picture of a dog showing that you can be safe and look cool at the same time:

cool_dog.jpg

-KiltedCowboy

Damn the Torpedos, Full Speed Ahead

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

Rev. 22:1-5

Confederate Thrower of Heavy Stuff

Lt. WFD - 37'9" | Hvy. WFD - 16'8" | Braemar Stone - 21'0" | Open Stone - 28'7

WOB - ? | Lt. Hammer - 71'7"| Hvy. Hammer - ? | Sheaf - ? | Caber - ?

That book is actually on my want-list, but currently I'm just learning from internet articles as and when things go wrong. For example, I had a rim that looked like this: 

cbc188fc97c511e38d10121e089bf167_8.jpg

And had to buy new wheels. The internet taught me how to remove the cassette and reinstall it. So I did. It's spinkly clean now and my bike should be awesome for my commute tomorrow :)

• Like 1

SQUARTS:

2x5 @ BW

GOBLETS:

3x5 @ 10kg

2x5 @ 14kg

2x5 @ 16kg

REAL SQUARTS:

2x5 @ 20kg

2x5 @ 25kg

Edit: Oh yeah forgot:

HIP THRUSTS:

4x20

FOODS

Many. 3,976 calories. 250g protein. :D

Hopefully I can get up at a reasonable time tomorrow and actually take a nice long route into work for funs and giggles. Then it's bench day woo.

YAY FOR INTERNETS HOW TOS AND SQUATS!! good luck with waking up early.....I don't and here's what I say to it:

nope it from space

U7Hfw.gif

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

Yeah, I was convinced I'd get up at 6 this morning and everything would be brilliant. What actually happened was my alarm went off at 6 and I went "... nope snooze" twice, then turned my alarm off pretending like I was going to get up, then woke up 25 mins later having to run around like a blue-arsed fly to get everything together so I'd make it to work on time.

I'm such a butt.

In case anybody likes food pics. This is my dinner:

87b0e8f69d8d11e3be040e37929c2f0e_8.jpg

in case you are wondering....I am jealous.....and I am considering hating your face...(just kidding....I'm just jealous)

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

Good luck on your side quest! The bike returns tenfold every effort you make to love and cherish it. Healing it with your own hand is the greatest sign of respect. You'll do great!

Every man, no man.

Spirit level 2

STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 2 WIS - 4 CHA - 2

Looks all romantic and Fancy!

was it as good as it looked?

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

BENCH:

2x 5x 20kg

2x 5x 22.5kg

2x 5x 25kg

2x 5x 27.5kg

2x 5x 30kg

1x 5x 32.5kg

1x 5x 35kg (woop)

PUSHUPS:

4x10 kneeling

Barely squeezed out the last rep of these, now feel like my arms are gone, good times.

FOODS:

Less than many. 2,720 calories so far including the dinner I haven't eaten yet, so I might have to find something else to snuffle down later on. I am at 244g protein though.

Cycling 14.3 miles home may have been ill-advised, however.

Oh well.

lol it's funny that you switch between metric and imperial in a single post :-p fun stuff,

good old noodle arms! that's how you know you did it right, there are...unfortunate repercussions though

flailing_noodle_arms_by_dplover25-d4t7d1

lol

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

I'm British, man. We can't make our minds up. For weighing me I use stone/lbs because I was brought up doing that, for measuring me it's ft/in because same, for weighing food I have to use g/kg because stuff's not sold in lb/oz any more, for distance it's miles because it just is. Weights for lifting are in kg because that's what's written on them. 

Too lazy to convert, I just go with it.

oh no I get you lol, it's just funny, so many different methods of measurement, like working on cars, half the time you have to get imperial tools, half the time metric, and then a certain percentage of the time none of those work, and then sometimes the part you think is imperial is actually metric so you strip a bolt head because it doesn't quite fit even though it does lol, yea converting is a pain the ass, I can't ever remember the multipliers so it's just like whatever lol

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Squeezed it up to 3,041 calories consumed, so above my main goal, but MFP still says that I'm 1,248 under, so I might need to snuffle something else down as well. Meh.

Glad I made Wednesday gym optional. Boss hauled me into a meeting with the pensions guy at 1pm and I was stuck in there til 3.30. Got pretty close to chewing off my own leg at one point, but he let me go home early so that was cool.

May have to step up my bike-fixin'-learnin' as my main ride is having some serious derailleur issues atm. Could be fun (not.)

Glad I made Wednesday gym optional. Boss hauled me into a meeting with the pensions guy at 1pm and I was stuck in there til 3.30. Got pretty close to chewing off my own leg at one point, but he let me go home early so that was cool.

May have to step up my bike-fixin'-learnin' as my main ride is having some serious derailleur issues atm. Could be fun (not.)

Oh god I hate meetings, I don't care who they are with....does anyone else think about suicide (in a mostly joking manner) when they know the next 3 hours of their life is going to suck? Like, if my family died or something I wouldn't commit suicide, but if my wife is all "Let's watch all the Twilight movies in a Marathon tonight!" while i'm cooking dinner i'm just like "or I could stab myself in the face with this kitchen knife....." cool you got to go home early though, as for the bike! It could be fun....for the people watching lol for you not so much, not sure if you need the help, or if this helps, but I just found this series of videos on bike repair when I realized I didn't know what a derailleur was (well, now I know I knew what it was, but I didn't know what it was called) link here

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

1x theoretically totes repaired bicycle. Derailleur adjustment and brake adjustment (for the stoppage which I do not currently have) all done. Test run tomorrow morning :)

At least I got /something/ done today.

Calories: 3,104. 192g of protein. Yummy.

Edit: International care package. Nom.

6a4T99D.jpg

• Like 1

Yesterday, more like absterday (wait what.)

8x10 hanging bent leg raises

Then my forearms/grip went so

5x10 weighted decline situps (5kg)

Then I got bored of that so

3x10 lying leg raises (knees to the FACE)

Then I was all

1m45s plank

And then I ran out of time.

Today I'm like "omg my abs and forearms hurt so much that I might die." Also if anyone can think of a way of improving forearm tightness/grip strength that isn't stretching or rolling (doing both) then I am open to the hearing of it. :)

Food was 3328 calories, with 163g ish of protein. I say ish because it'll be more, but I can't find a reasonable input for the pizza I eat on a Thursday, cus they're special, so I just pile in 1200 quick-add calories and call it job done. :)

In other news my bike is shifting smoother than silk, however I think there's an issue with the actual shifter, because if I'm not exactly precise with the movement then it drops between gears and starts acting up again. Should be interesting :(

Today I'm like "omg my abs and forearms hurt so much that I might die." Also if anyone can think of a way of improving forearm tightness/grip strength that isn't stretching or rolling (doing both) then I am open to the hearing of it. :)

I actually had this problem in Jiu Jitsu since gripping gis is hard and an essential part of the art, and a couple things the coaches recommended was 

1.) wrap a towel around weight bars so your hands have to work a little harder to grip and improve strength

2.) hang a (strong) towel off the pull up bar and intertwine your fingers and use that to pull up instead of gripping the bar

3.) if you do push ups, try leaving space between the floor and your hands

that should help you with strength....as for tightness...well I could use some help there

OH and there is this from thinkgeek.com

1_11.jpg

called the Xtensor

My Current Challenge

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

I'm kinda hoping that as strength improves tightness becomes less of an issue. Since I've got hanging based exercises two days in a row, I figure that will help. I'm going to include farmers carries or something at the end of Friday session to really tire them out. Yesterday they loosened up a hell of a lot faster than they usually do.

Yesterday? More like pullupsterday (somebody please make me stop.)

Assisted pullups

3x 5x -80lb (overhand, underhand, wide overhand)

3x 5x -70lb (overhand, underhand, wide overhand)

3x 5x -60lb (overhand, underhand, wide overhand)

3x 3x -50lb (overhand, underhand, wide overhand)

3x 5x -70lb (overhand, underhand, wide overhand)

Grip started failing here so I went to Lat pulls

1x 8x 14kg

2x 8x 27kg

2x 8x 32kg

1x 8x 36kg

1x 4x 41kg (grip failure)

2x 8x 32kg

2x 8x 27kg

Shoulders and forearms are stiff today, and triceps are a tiny bit roasted. Is good. Hopefully improvement again next week.

Also I eated 3,618 calories, with 214g protein. TMI alert:

My farts are toxic.

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines