RedCedar Enters the Forest Gym!

RedCedar

Finally, the stars have aligned. Weather, time, energy and daylight combined to allow me to actually use my forest gym!!!

Ran a few sets of hill sprints and even managed to eek out a very sloppy pull up! My first since high school, feeling like a major badass. I had to do a double take to make sure my hands were actually facing away from me. Beyond stoked for the next challenge, which will DEFINITELY include pull ups, and working towards a "real" one. 

Pushups: 3/4 2/3 1/3 2/4 1/3 0/3 | 8/20

Forest!:   1/2 3/2 0/2 3/2 0/2 1/2  | 6/12

Desserts: I don't wanna talk about it

Clean:     1/1 0/1 1/1 0/1 0/1 1/13/6

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

So "forest gym" just made me think of Pokémon, which then made me picture you as a small creature zipping through the trees and taking out the obstacles in your path.

Yeah, I don't even know. Happy Friday!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Sorry/Not sorry for the delayed challenge recap. I got back from Kauai this weekend and was very reluctant to turn on my computer. 

So here's the results:

Pushups: 3/4 2/3 1/3 2/4 1/3 1/3 | 9/20 

B, completed enough workouts to finish three weeks of the program if I had started from week one, but my initial test had me starting at week 3. I ended up one workout away from completing week 5, so I completed week 4 of the program. Scoring was set as a B- for three weeks, and a B+ for 4 weeks, so there you go. A solid B.

Forest!:   1/2 3/2 0/2 3/2 0/2 1/2  | 8/12

B-. Pretty simple grading here, 9 would have been a B, 6 a C.

Desserts: I don't wanna talk about it

I should have looked back at my scoring rubric before I stopped counting; I wasn’t doing nearly as bad as I thought. Last count the dessert total was 20.5, both dinning hall and other desserts combined. That was the end of week 4. I’m gonna guess I had more than 3 and less than 9 desserts in that last two weeks, which would mean not a total fail! This goal gets a D.

Clean:     1/1 0/1 1/1 0/1 0/1 2/1 | 4/6

B+ Pretty simple grading here as well, 4 times was on my rubric as a B+. 

The main aim of this challenge was to feel good about myself and feel confident taking pictures on my Hawaiian vacation. That part of the challenge was a huge success. My girlfriend and I hiked every day and only went out to eat once (well, twice if you count the wedding reception). We made great food choices and stayed active. I even did a 100 pushups program workout one morning. I felt damn good the whole time. Sure the sunshine, beautiful beaches and general island vibe had a lot to do with it, but I got a good view of how much eating better and moving more are just a part of who I am and what I do. Not out of feelings of guilt or "I should", but because it generally makes me happy to be healthier. That kind of success can't be graded. 

• Like 1

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

That is an awesome sauce realization about being healthy. *high fives* Way to go on your healthy and fun trip too :)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

If I'd gone to Kauai I doubt I'd turn my computer on either...unfortunately I will be doing nothing like that until after I finish school....great job on your challenge!!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CRUSTED is the only acronym I can come up with for this

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 71

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My BlogMyFitnessPal |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

New challenge thread coming soon!!! I've been playing along all week, but in true assassin form. Invisibly. 

• Like 1

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

Well come on!! I need a new place to stalk you follow you at ;)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CRUSTED is the only acronym I can come up with for this

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 71

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My BlogMyFitnessPal |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines