Machete's Book of Water: �guas de Março

Machete

water.jpg

The foundations are set. The stars are aligned. My VO2max is substantial. It is time to put it to the test.

It was a long and arduous journey to overcome a marked weakness in cardiovascular capacity and bipedal locomotion. After nearly five years, a man has finally trained enough in order to be a mediocre runner and a non-pathetic walker. It is time to transition from training to doing. It is time to start moving.

"The slower we move, the faster we die. Make no mistake, moving is living." - Up In The Air

SilentRunningFO3.png

THE QUEST

A half-marathon cometh, and a man intends to partake in one's very first.

Ebb and Flow: Log in 22 miles of running before the event, and 12 total days of lifting. (STA +2, STR +2)

Testing The Waters: Participate in the Tobacco Road Half-Marathon and finish in under 3:00:00. (STA +4)

Waves in All Things: Participate in at least 2 other physical events. (DEX +2, STA +2)

SIDE QUEST

Spanish Waters: Complete 30 modules of the Pimsleur Spanish Beginner Course. (WIS +2, CHA +1)

THE MOTIVATION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ijCSu87I9k

Machete at your service, scouts.

Being like water is a truly admirable goal sir. Now go raise that water ring! (Sorry that's an obscure rpg reference)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Having some cognitive dissonance here - the second bit of your title is Portuguese rather than Spanish isn't it? Are you already familiar with Portuguese before you set out to learn Spanish? Or is it just a ref to the song?

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Being like water is a truly admirable goal sir. Now go raise that water ring! (Sorry that's an obscure rpg reference)

Thanks. Which RPG are we talking about?

Having some cognitive dissonance here - the second bit of your title is Portuguese rather than Spanish isn't it? Are you already familiar with Portuguese before you set out to learn Spanish? Or is it just a ref to the song?

Hah. Nice. Yeah, it's the Jobim song that my parents played over and over when I was a kid, then my brother, over and over, when I was a teenager. Rather unrelated to the side quest (I want to know what the hell this chick is saying). On the same note...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-jm6_0B5HI

OMG, glad Mrs 18ck was out of the room when I played that or I would've been sleeping on the couch.

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Portuguese - from Madeira. And it doesn't sound anything like Spanish, more's the pity. Spanish is much easier. My poor tongue!

Is it true about the insane amount of irregular verbs?

One of my buddies from a few years back is a Portuguese redneck from South Carolina. (I don't really know how that happened.)  Didn't speak a word of it. Even his English was rather, well, redneck.

Is it true about the insane amount of irregular verbs?

One of my buddies from a few years back is a Portuguese redneck from South Carolina. (I don't really know how that happened.) Didn't speak a word of it. Even his English was rather, well, redneck.

Yeah, lots of tenses, lots of irregularity and the vowels are all over the place. I studied Spanish for a couple of terms in uni and can sort of basically follow Spanish spoken in TV movies, but I've been studying Portuguese longer and although I can read it OK, I still find myself hopelessly baffled by my in-laws' conversations.

The game in question is Legend of the Five Rings, fun game with interesting mechanics. The Water traits govern how fast you move and your agility.

• Like 1

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

The game in question is Legend of the Five Rings, fun game with interesting mechanics. The Water traits govern how fast you move and your agility.

Nnnnerd. YES. We are on the exact same page. I played the Platinum edition in high school and got really into the book series that when I would have one of my prolonged discussions my mom thought I was talking about real people in history or something. Hahaha

• Like 2

Hi love :)

I made it here :) I'm at a loss bc I know you are going to crush this half just like every other quest...so I will just watch it happen and tell you how amazing that is, and now I have a new game and books to look up! I know a little Spanish (and zero Portuguese) so feel free to babble incessantly for practice if you want to. I WILL get fluent eventually, like after I quit trying to die or something. ;)

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Good stuff. Good luck on the half M. Are you tapering now?

Supposedly. But the bozos at work keep me running all over the place, I feel like I'll be a bit ill-prepared for Sunday.

You have a job where you get to run? That's a good job. But tell them to do their own running if it's taper week FFS!

Ah, right, so I guess the opportunities to tell them to do their own running are... Limited...

• Like 1

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines