Hiraedd: Hira-Keeping

Hiraedd

Wednesday:

WORKOUT: PLP day 9 - 9 bodyweight rows, 9 reverse lunges (each leg), 9 incline push ups (3rd stair). 

STRETCH: rest

FEED: 2/3

QUIET TIME: done.

No weighing.

-At the gym on Tuesday we did a 30 minute workout, and I managed to burn just over 300 calories, so that was actually pretty good for "light cardio".  No stretching, though.  

-cold doesn't seem to be getting much better.  May have to back off the PLP as well....man, I hate my reflux so much.  It is very frustrating to take a step back everytime I take one forward.

Will update Thursday tonight/early tomorrow morning, since I'm not sure what the evening holds yet.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

-cold doesn't seem to be getting much better.  May have to back off the PLP as well....man, I hate my reflux so much.  It is very frustrating to take a step back everytime I take one and a half forward.

I fixed it :tongue: (stay positive) and good luck in the healing process

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

No weigh ins.  We're still tied. :)

Sorry, this weekend was crazy and tough.

No workouts, no stretching -- on purpose, taking a rest to see if my throat will heal on its own or if it's back on meds...

feed. 2/3 Thursday-Saturday.  1/3 Sunday (mmm...ice cream....)

quiet time -- done everyday.  It was "do or die" this weekend.  So. much. stress.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Still no weigh ins.  The urge to weigh in is fading, so that's good.  I'm a bit weird/hypervigilant about my clothes and how they're fitting, so in some ways I think the obsession is just finding new outlets.  Strange that I didn't think it was a problem before.

In positive news....My throat is returning to normal on its own.  I was able to do a moderate cardio workout last night and not have coughing today, so I'm back on the road to health, and may even be able to get in one more workout before the end of the challenge.  Resting is working.  I must remind myself of this.  Rest works.

In odd news....I guess my body doesn't like coconut milk.  It's like instant reflux-ness.  (I tried it instead of almond milk this week because my grocery store was out of almond milk).  Too bad, since it was tasty and would have been nice for an alternative.  C'est la vie.

In other news...I've been spending a lot of quiet time this week.  The weekend took a lot out of me emotionally, and so I've just been working on recovering from that and not letting other major life things slide.

I had plans all drafted for the next challenge, since at week 4 I was feeling totally gung-ho to jump into a much harder challenge, but I think I'm just going to work on trying to get to step 1 3/4 before I have to take a step back this time.

@Phylanx -- thank you for that reminder -- I needed it!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Recap Time!!

Here are the things I needed to do over the past six weeks to look after ME so that I could, in turn, look after other people.

1) Quiet time +3 WIS +2 DEX B 2.5 WIS, 1.5 DEX

Minimum 1 1/2 hours of alone time each day.

Complete time achieved 29/42 days, half time or more 10/42.  That's 39/42 days where I took at least 45 minutes of time for myself.  And it showed!

2) Exercise +3 STR +1 STA A 3 STR, 1 STA

Continuing the Star Wars workout expectation is 2 full workouts/week

Modifications or missing days are allowed for other physical activities (eg: snowboarding, if the opportunity arises) or for health reasons (reflux, sore throat, etc).

12/12 full workouts completed.  Although they were scattered. more frequent in some weeks than others, and none in the past two weeks due to health issues, they did all get done.

3) Feed myself well +3 CON D 1.5 CON

I’ll be acting on a meal to meal basis actively making good decisions about the carb content and fueling myself with things that make me feel good long term: meats, vegetables, and good fats.

Made all good decisions 21/42 days.  Hmm.  Looks like something to work on.

4) Stretch +3 DEX A 3 DEX

Mobility work after every workout.  I feel best when I’m not storing a ton of extra stress and tension in my joints and muscles, and since I can't afford massages, stretching it is!

Stretched after workout 11/12 times. 

In addition, PVP for no weighing started part way through the challenge.  I am proud to say no weighing through the end of the challenge!  Take that, scale.

Started a PLP, and had to scale back at day 10 due to health, but will definitely pick it up again.

This is the first challenge I've gotten to the end of and felt like the things I was doing in it were sustainable.  Despite the extra stresses and difficulties that came my way this challenge, I was able to cope thanks to the extra alone time.  I feel...settled, and I like it.

• Like 1

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Well done, Hiraedd.

Looking great and can't wait to see what you do next round. Glad you found the calm spot to nurture yourself. It's so important, yet can be so elusive, especially when we need it most.

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines