thirster's... things

guest439437484421

Background: 

Hey guys, it's been a while.  I've been meandering around the world for a while, but I've finally come back home.  I've been in a stunk for a while, trying to get stuff to work and having some moderate success at times to only have it all fall apart.  School makes achieving my health goals just that much tougher, but this time around I'm determined to stick with it to the very end.  So, join me in my journey to finally start my journey.

Main quest: 

• drop down to 20% body fat

Missions:

• I will track my food on MyFitnessPal every day, following their calculated calorie recommendation [diet]
  • I will work out a minimum of two times a week (I also need to start tracking my numbers again) [fitness]

Life side quest:

• Get my taxes filed and my FAFSA filled out

Motivation: 

• Sick and tired of being sick and tired and carrying around all of this weight.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

I'm currently working out with some friends.  I'm conditioning them to to get used to weight lifting via dumb bells before i graduate them to the barbell lifts a la starting strength.  Here's the current workout:

• Walk 10 minutes
  • dumbbell bench 3x10
  • dumbbell squat 3x10
  • dumbbell ohp 3x10
  • dumbbell deadlifts 3x10
  • dumbbell rows 3x10
  • planks 3x max
  • walk 10 minutes
  • stretching

Plan is to progress by 5 pounds until it seems like we're good to go with barbells.  That'll probably happen when they're all doing 45+ pounds for the squats.

Welcome back man!  Your plan sounds good, and it'll be nice to have a group to work out with, that should help keep people motivated.  

yup.  I'm also going to try and get them all on here for this challenge.  That'd be pretty rad.

Also, on MyFitnessPal, my calories are set for 2,940 each day, and that's set to lose 2 lbs a week.

Yay thirster! Taxes and FAFSA should be too scary, and if you find yourself putting it off, setting aside 15 minutes to specifically put all the required documents and numbers together makes those processes so much easier to start. You CAN do it, and welcome back!

Daily checklist:

2014-02-24

tracked food:

yes, but including the exercise that i did today i went 700 calories over my goal.  i got a bit carried away at dinner...

worked out:

yup.

Thanks for introducing me to this site! ^^ I've always enjoyed this weightlifting program you have created for us here at college. Totally works and it's time we pick ourselves up and start getting our routine back!

:-D

Daily checklist:8

2014-02-27

tracked food:

yes, over again.  ok, gotta focus on this more.

worked out:

nope, but helped set up some tables and chairs for a chess tournament at the local high school, so got a small workout there.

Haven't checked in ifor a while.  Everything's going good.  I've been getting my workouts in, at least 2 a week, sometimes 3.  I've been getting better at managing how much i eat, and it's getting easier.

So far I've lost 7 pounds from my highest after the breakup (we're back together, i dunno how much of this story i posted on here).

Here in about a week or two my friends and I will be switchign up our workout.  we're going to move to strong lifts 5x5 (i'm kinda already there, but still doing 3x10 instead of 5x5) for two workouts, and then for the optional third workout doing calisthenics.  I cam out with a workout that i tried for the first time yesterday.

For the new workout, i started with a 10 minute walk to warm up.  Then, i do several rounds of calisthenics, with jumping jacks, pushups, lunges, and squats.  I started with 5 jumping jacks, 1 pushup, 1 lunge, and 5 squats for the first round.  for the second round i bumped my jumping jacks by 2 and everything else by 1.  i repeated this process until i was too tired to continue, which was 8 rounds.  i did a total of 96 jumping jacks, 36 pushups, 36 lunges, and 68 squats.  i definitely feel it today.

For the nest calisthenics day i'm starting at 9 jumping jacks, 4 pushups, 4 lunges, and 6 squats.

Also, i'm thinking for the next challenge to attempt intermittent fasting, or at least a variation of it.  I'm thinking of having somewhere between 8 and midnight be my cutoff point and then just not eating until noonish, but still eating the same amount of calories i would for the day.

Hey thirster! Awesome thread name, first of all lol. 

I'll be following, school makes things crazy hard, and idk about you but I know after travelling the world and getting home its just this feeling of "aww its over" depression that makes you not want to do much. But work through it :)

Looks like you're doing good so far. Try meal prepping? 

Keep it up!

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

Meal preping's difficult when i'm living off of whatever the school's providing that day.  I'm trying to keep myself ahead of the game by looking ahead at what they're going to have that day and planning accordingly, but they're not the best at having what's on their website match what they actually put out.

on the plus side though Jennifer's pretty awesome at making good meals that are pretty low cal and filling, so eating with her helps a ton, especially since she's keeping track just like me.

Wrap up:

Missions:

• I will track my food on MyFitnessPal every day, following their calculated calorie recommendation [diet]

I missed one day, and one day I didn't put in the whole day.  I think overall I did well tracking.  I have learned a lot about how much each food costs me calorie wise, and I'm still learning how to each within my goals.  During this time I have lost about 8 pounds!  If i was completely on target I would have lost roughly 12, but there were slip ups along the way.  Overall, I give myself a B for this goal for this challenge.

• I will work out a minimum of two times a week (I also need to start tracking my numbers again) [fitness]

I achieved this save for one week.  I'm giving myself a B.

Life side quest:

• Get my taxes filed and my FAFSA filled out

I got this done.  I give myself an A.

Overall: B+.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines