[Jeremyrf]Running the Gambit

jeremyrf

Brand New Level 2 NF coming through.

After having a successful Noob challenge and spending some time reflecting upon myself, I decided to join the Assassin’s Guild.  I look forward to mastering my body weight, increasing my abilities and continuing to hone my diet.

As before, I will work to keep all of my measurements up to date and will post on my responses:

My Measurements

Here are photos of my adventure:  

Progress to 2/24

Why now?  I’m getting married Aug 31 and I finally have time and energy to commit to the adventure.  I’ve always been somewhat health conscious, but now I am working on being a bit more of a health nut.

Quest: Decrease naval measurement by 2 inches, increase agility and strength

X-Men184-025.jpg

Goals:

Sweat! [ +2 dex | +1 sta ] 

Work out 5 days a week.  Most likely alternating between body weight (BW) and interval (I) training.

Grades:

A: 5 days a week

B: 4 days a week

C: 3 days a week

D: 2 days a week

F: 1 day a week

Climb! [ +2 str ] 

By the end of the challenge, be able to do 2 pull ups

Grades:

A: 2 hanging pull ups

B: 1 hanging pull up

C: 2 assisted pull ups

D: 1 assisted pull up

F: 0 pull ups

Fuel! [ +2 con |  +1 wis ]

Decrease soda and grain intake:

Grades:

A: 0 sodas and 0 grains

B: 0 sodas and 0 grains M-F

C: 1-2 fails

D: 3 fail days

F: 4+ fails

Life Quest:

Sleep! [ +1 cha ]

Get an average of 8 hours of sleep throughout the week.

CHA points may seem weird here, but trust me... I'm much more amusing and likable with enough sleep!

Side Quest:

Ride! [ +1 sta ]

Bike to work at least once during the challenge (towards the end, when it’s not crazy cold in DC)

---

Changing my habits, routines and life.

Assassin | Level: 2 | Currentn00b

| STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 1 |

hello Jeremy! I have edited your thread title to add your user name, it makes our work easier and makes your thread a bit more cellphone friendly. And before anything here is the traditional welcoming wall of text :D

****This is a semi-automated message from your Robot guild leader.****

Hello and welcome to the assassin guild! I am Nuala and I'm one of your guild leader. First of all, I want to thank you for having chosen our guild as your first one, it makes us really happy and proud. I really hope you will enjoy being with us and that you will find here all the support you need. 

First of all

Make sure you fill up this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1scdu8yMffc4-roz5twnonx8BHuvUsVpYN4uskgc4MAQ/viewform

It will make our work easier, allow us to add you to the assassin phonebook and will make you eligible for the Most wanted assassin of the week list.

What you need to know.

Whatever you do, remember that your challenge is your priority. Mini-challenges, guild activities, PVP are not mandatory. They are here for you to have fun, discover new exercises, have some friendly competitions but they must not hinder your progresses. If a mini-challenge seems too overwhelming for you, just don't do it.

Being here with us will give you access to many other not mandatory activities, aka:

- Skill mini-challenge. The skill mini-challenge will start on Monday, February 24 and will last the whole challenge (aka 6 weeks). As the name may suggest, you will be asked to work on a skill over the course of the challenge.

Skill mini-challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44945-6-week-long-skill-challenge/

PVP. PVP are competitions started by other members of the rebellion. If you enjoy measuring yourself to other, they may be the right thing for you. So, don't forget to check the PVP forum to find or even make your own PVP! Remember to read the rules though  :)

Suggested PVP:

And probably many others.

What I expect from you!

Consistency, awesomeness and regular updates. One update at the end of the challenge won't do, we want to be able to see you are still here with us. One Update a week is a minimum. More would be even better  :)

Don't stay by yourself. If you want people to follow your thread and support you, you may have to do the same. You will probably find many people who share the same goals as you, go visit their thread, cheer on them and they will probably do the same. And because we are awesome, we already created the Assassin phonebook to help you!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44718-the-assassin-phonebook/

Make sure you subscribe to the announcement thread:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44300-guild-information-and-announcements-subscribe/

And if you don't want to subscribe, make at least sure you read it once a week. It is usually updated on Monday/Tuesday to present the new mini-challenge and Assassin most wanted list. 

Don't stay by yourself bis! The assassin's den is open to all, you have funny gifs to share, a story to tell, needs some advices or just want a place to chat? The Assassin's den is the place to go (also, we have parkour corgis, ninja cats and killer sloth)!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/44299-assassins-den-general-chat-thread/

What else?

If you have any problems, questions or suggestions for the guild, feel free to send your guild leaders a PM. Also, we are still looking for journalists to work on the weekly most wanted list. The job is quite simple albeit a bit time consuming. PM Apfelstrudi for more details.

Sorry for the wall of text! I wish you luck for this challenge!  :D

****This was a semi-automated message from your Robot guild leader.****

• Like 1

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Sweat, Climb, Fuel, Sleep, Ride! 

Awesome to the point goals. Good luck with the pull ups! 

• Like 1

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

Let's do this fellow rookie Assassin! If you can reach that goal of 2 pullups additional reps can often follow quickly. Just make sure you have a better setup than my doorframe...

Haha! Thanks for the reco :). I sneak off to the gym over lunch, so I should be fine. If only my ass wasn't so heavy to lift. Haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---

Boom! Off to a great start!

Monday:

Beginner body weight workout... 3 cycles

Tuesday:

Interval training stepped up from last week.

Down 1:20, Up 40 sec. 8 intervals

Had a big meeting at work. My boss brought ice cream... 5 different types of ice cream which has got to be my weakness. I stayed strong and made it through! *celebrate*

• Like 1

---

Very sweet! Resistance is not futile!

I think all of us that can't do pull ups strain mightily against gravity and curse the forces that attach us to it so. But hey, if we can't pull ourselves up, we won't be able to reach our targets. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 1-2ish Assassin

Str: 2.2 Dex: 1.9  Sta: -0.49 Con:1.3   Wis: 2.8 Cha: 1.7

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43281-a-single-step/

Gym time was solid.  There was a training group using my typical crossfit floor in the gym.  <bummer>

But, I got all creative and managed to find a corner to complete my Body Weight workout.  I ended up doing DB rows instead of inverted rows, but it's all good.  i still feel it.

Really focused on form today.  Maybe one day I'll be a graceful assassin 

50517.jpg?1366260805

Oh wow... I didn't realize that there already IS a graceful assassin.  hmmm... should read up on him.

---

Wooot! Way to stay strong in the face of free tasty treats at work, and good job getting creative when your spot was taken in the gym. Off to a great start!

• Like 1

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

Update :)

Yesterday increased my up interval again for cardio

Up 0:45 down 1:45

8 intervals, sweating like a.... Inappropriate idiom

Today: bodyweight

Barely made my 3rd circuit. But made it. Included inverted rows after running between the cross fitters.

Maybe I'll join them one day.

Happy Friday to all!

Measurements tomorrow

Weigh in Monday

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

---

Nice work - you seem to be taking this challenge seriously/responsibly so I'm sure you'll be rewarded by gains, whether they come sooner or later :)

For the pull-ups: what do you count as an "assisted pull-up"? At my gym there's a pull-up machine that can take various amounts up to 115lb off your weight, which (together with the friction in the machine) makes pull-ups super easy if you put it on the easiest setting :P

Also, your stat points seem to sum to 10... have you got some (up to 4, depending on grades) to add on from the Level 1 challenge? Notice that mine add up to 13 (I didn't manage all 4 in the first level).

Keep it up and I'm sure that in a few months time you can look back on your current situation and be proud of the progress that you'll've made.

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Nice work - you seem to be taking this challenge seriously/responsibly so I'm sure you'll be rewarded by gains, whether they come sooner or later :)

For the pull-ups: what do you count as an "assisted pull-up"? At my gym there's a pull-up machine that can take various amounts up to 115lb off your weight, which (together with the friction in the machine) makes pull-ups super easy if you put it on the easiest setting :tongue:

Also, your stat points seem to sum to 10... have you got some (up to 4, depending on grades) to add on from the Level 1 challenge? Notice that mine add up to 13 (I didn't manage all 4 in the first level).

Keep it up and I'm sure that in a few months time you can look back on your current situation and be proud of the progress that you'll've made.

To be honest, I'm still trying to figure out the points.  :)  I definitely didn't get all points from my second half of the first go around.  "Level 2".  And, I think that this level has up to 15 points, so I need to redistribute in my goals.  

And, yes, the assisted pull up would be the machine with the balance weight.  I'm going to try to not rely on it too much, but will probably use it by the end.  Right now, I'm increasing the inverse rows using the cross fit floor.

Thanks for the input!  Super helpful

---

Snow Day

DC is shut down today!  Weigh in will have to be tomorrow when I make it back to the gym scales.  

Hopefully will have at least one good workout before bed.  :)

---

Snow Day

DC is shut down today!  Weigh in will have to be tomorrow when I make it back to the gym scales.  

Hopefully will have at least one good workout before bed.   :)

Crazy weather this winter.

• Like 1

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

I'm snowed in too, an avalanche closed off the only highway out of here. Most of my workouts have been shoveling wet, heavy snow. 

• Like 1

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

I'm snowed in too, an avalanche closed off the only highway out of here. Most of my workouts have been shoveling wet, heavy snow. 

Wow, we've definitely had our fair share of winter here in the midwest, but it's as flat as a pancake out here so avalanches are one thing I have not had to deal with.

Level 2 Nord Wandering Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 2 WIS: 1 CHA: 2

Current Challenge

Challenge 1

Alright! Measurements in my first post are updated!

I re-started my dissertation in the last week. I did get workouts in and managed to eat probably 75% as planned.

I'll update weight today. 1 week from last update.

I completed a full BW work out at home yesterday.

Now to see if I can balance my job, my assassin training and my dissertation. Arch! The challenge advances!

---

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines