Wayne_Kent_Seago Challenge VII - Tower of Terror here I come!

Wayne_Kent_Seago

I looked back through my workout journal, and it was this time last year that I made a commitment to myself to take control of my health and fitness. I was tired of being fat and I decided I was DONE with being out of shape. It was a rocky start, but I didn't give up.

I ran my first 5K EVER in December and I have my eye on another goal: The Tower of Terror 10-miler at Walt Disney World in October of this year. It looks like a fun race (run at night). I am not there in terms of running so while my main goal in challenges remains to reduce my LDL cholesterol to under 130 by June 28th (my son's 3rd birthday), my side goal is that race.

As I did last challenge, I will be on a 3 days of exercise, 1 day of rest schedule (there are a few weekend events I have to work around)

1. Continue 5k-10K training via app (STA 3) - a total of 17 runs during the 6 week period

A= 16 - 17

B= 14 - 15

C = 12 - 13

F = less than 12

2. 100 push challenge via app (STR 2) - a total of 15 workouts during the 6 week period

A=14 -15

B= 12 - 13

C = 10 - 11

F = less than 10

3. Core workouts (STR 2) a total of 15 workouts during the 6 week period

A=14 -15

B= 12 - 13

C = 10 - 11

F = less than 10

4. For my life goal, I will continue on my journey to have 50 coffees this year with people in my network in order to maintain and strengthen relationships in my life (read inspiring article here)

A = 6

B = 5

C = 4

F = less than 4

I can't thank this community enough for the positive vibes, helpful feedback and general awesomeness that has helped me through this year!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

It has not been my best challenge - I started strong, but faded at the end. The final week was rough, I ran once, did only one push up and core workout. I participated in an Orlando Magic Fantasy Basketball Camp in which I got to play at our NBA arena in full court game - I thought I was in ok shape until running up and down the court at full speed a few times. I was wiped out at the end and sore for days. DOMS was kicking my ass.

My goals for this challenge were:

1. Continue 5k-10K training via app (STA 3) - a total of 17 runs during the 6 week period

A= 16 - 17

B= 14 - 15

C = 12 - 13

F = less than 12

2. 100 push challenge via app (STR 2) - a total of 15 workouts during the 6 week period

A=14 -15

B= 12 - 13

C = 10 - 11

F = less than 10

3. Core workouts (STR 2) a total of 15 workouts during the 6 week period

A=14 -15

B= 12 - 13

C = 10 - 11

F = less than 10

4. For my life goal, I will continue on my journey to have 50 coffees this year with people in my network in order to maintain and strengthen relationships in my life (read inspiring article here)

A = 6

B = 5

C = 4

F = less than 4

I completed 13 runs (a grade of C), 11 push-up workouts (also a C), 11 core workouts (again a C) and only 1 networking coffee (an F - unacceptable for someone who works for a Chamber of Commerce and urges others to get out and network)

While I am happy that I completed the workouts I did, I don't feel like I earned a level up. Maybe I am being too hard on myself, but I have done better in previous challenges and want to make more progress. I also did not post very often to my battle log, which is part of the reason that fading in the final week was so easy - I didn't have to face up to my lack of effort.

I will make Challenge 8.0 better!

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

Way to go Wayne, glad to see your still putting in good work (yes, I'm back....). That 10-Miler seems awesome, too bad I'll be in Orlando at the end of October instead of the beginning.

Hi BigRemy - welcome back. How's it going?

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

I'm back, this winter was horrible, but I'm back and I'm ready to work.

Go get 'em!!

• Like 1

Fire Flower Power-up

My current challenge

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines