Laureleye Refocuses

Laureleye

Main Quest:  Get down from my current size 10 to a size 10. 

Goals:

1. Tracking my food intake on MFP.  I’ll be giving myself 1 point for tracking and 1 point for being withing +/- 100 of my target; possible total of 84 pts.
  2. Complete the 6-week Body-weight Brigade Beta workout course from the NF academy.  This consists of 3 body-weight workouts/week, each with a designated “finisherâ€.  I’m just giving myself 3 points for each workout & 1 point for each finisher; possible total of 72. 
  3. Perform the above BBBB conditioning.  The beta course also has 20 minutes of daily conditioning (essentially 20 minutes of intentional activity of any sort – it may be broken up into smaller sessions).  I’m going to give myself 1 pt per day if I completed my conditioning.  Any day I work, this will be a no-brainer; I walk up a serious hill to get to the office and again at my coffee break. 

Life-Quest:  Set a firm date for retirement. 

• I have a retirement planning session with my financial adviser in late spring.  I want to provide him all the numbers he needs so he can develop a retirement plan and we can determine when I'll be financially ready.  I’m already eligible to retire, but I not going to be one of those folks who assumes that they can find a post-retirement job if they need more money.  Before my appointment I need to provide:
    • A retirement estimate
    • SSA estimate
    • budget

My last couple of challenges have been sort of catch-as-catch can, and I feel like I've lost my focus.  I'm intending to get it back with this workout altered.  I had been working out 5-6 days a week.  This program has fewer workouts, but they are more intense. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I've started off just fine.

Monday

• Conditioning complete
  • Tracking complete & within target
  • Request for retirement estimate complete but not yet submitted.  Our FAX machine was being cranky (why is HR still in the last century and wanting these via FAX?

Tuesday

• Conditioning complete
  • Tracking complete and within target range
  • workout complete.  OwOwOw.  Routine consisted of pushups, squats, planks, jumping jacks with squat-thrust finishers (or in my case, flatteners).  The main difference from say, the BBW, is that there is a higher number of reps.  For example, the target for squats is 25.  I didn't hit all the targets, but the only one I really fell down on was the squat thrusts. 

I've finished one baby blanket & started another.  Pictures coming soon. 

• Like 1

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

How is the Academy working out? 

Not that much of the information was new - but it has been gathered in one place from the Rebel Fitness Guide and various blogs.  The workouts have been revised; there is a progression on three tracks - body weight/dumbbell/barbell.  I've started at the beginning of the body weight progression and it is a challenge.  I'm really excited because I was feeling sort of flat (like ginger ale, not paper).  So I'm jazzed up again.

Wed:

• Conditioning complete
  • Tracking complete and within target
  • Request for retirement estimate FAXed to HR
  • no workout night.  I was still sore, so I did a bit of extra stretching and took a pain reliever.

Thursday

• I did the "B" workout, which consists of inverted rows, left & right side planks, lunges, and jump rope.  Since I have weak knees the lunges were tough and I didn't hit the target.  I hit the jump rope target (60 seconds) 2 of 3 circuits.  Then I went to the finisher - getups.  Oh, what fun!  I was doing the one-leg variation from a seated position. 
  • Conditioning complete
  • Tracking complete & on target ... even tho boxes of GS cookies littered surfaces all over the office.

I'm not doing quite as well today.  It was pouring all morning (But rain is a good thing) and today there were small lemon scones everywhere!  I arm-wrestled with one and lost.  But I've tracked it (and every thing else so far today). 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I finished off week 1 pretty well.

Saturday:

• Conditioning done - lots of heavy duty house cleaning.  Kinda twigged my back - so maybe too fast and furious here.
  • Tracking done and within target range
  • no workout day
  • Found an error in my baby blanket, so all I did was go backwards

Sunday

• Back to workout 1A, including those lovely jumping jacks.  My arms and shoulders aren't as sore this time.  My back still was a little sore, but okay once I warmed up.  But by the time I got to the finishers I was already finished.  I managed one squat-thrust.  I got back into position for the 2nd and couldn't make my legs go. 

It rained (poured actually) Friday and most of the weekend, but nothing really serious (unless you count the Oscar red carpet getting wet).  Some high winds brought down trees and power lines, but all in all not bad.  Hopefully we'll get a week or so of dry weather before any more storms.  Hope everyone in the SE is staying safe.

WEEK 1:

1. Tracking my food intake on MFP.  14/14 points
  2. Complete the 6-week Body-weight Brigade Beta workout course from the NF academy.  11/12
  3. Perform the above BBBB conditioning. 6/7

Life-Quest: 

• SSA estimate pulled
  • 401K estimate pulled
  • Retirement estimate requested

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Got the week off to a pretty good start.  I'm making forward progress on my baby blanket again and have crossed the mid-point now. 

Monday:

• Conditioning complete
  • Tracking complete and within target

Tuesday

• Conditioning complete
  • Tracking complete but a last minute dinner rearrangement pushed me just outside my target range.  On the up side, it wasn't junk.
  • Workout B accomplished, including finishers.  I'm working very hard on my form for everything. 

My back is better if not quite perfect.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Behind on my posting here! 

Wednesday was a no workout day.  Thrusday was supposed to be a workout day, but I got home late and put it off till Friday.  Conditioning complete, tracking complete and back on target. 

Friday:

• Last 1A workout complete with Finishers.  Squats PR 20/22/25.
  • Conditioning complete
  • Tracking complete and on targe
Saturday:
  • No workout.  Conditioning consisted of errands on foot.  Tracked and stayed within target
Sunday
  • Last 1B workout complete with Finishers.  Lunge PR 8/9/15. 
  • Conditioning was housework and work in the gardent. 
  • Tracking complete and on target
For the week

Goals:

• Tracking my food intake on MFP.  13/14 points. 
  • Complete the 6-week Body-weight Brigade Beta workout course from the NF academy.  12/12
  • Perform the above BBBB conditioning.  7/7
  • I've begun the budget, but not complete yet.
This week I move to level two on the BBBB.  This level adds an exercise to each workout; Diamond pushup in workout A and Step-up in Workout B.  I'm feeling good about the progression on this workout. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

What do you do for the back workout?

My back is still pinging me here and there, but it really hasn't impacted my workout. It seems to bother me most when I'm sitting. I'm making sure I'm stretching it really well after my workouts and that seems to be helping.

Monday:

No workout, but conditioning complete

Tracking in and within target

Got in 5 rows on my knitting

With some help from a couple others I've finally got my artwork back on the walls here in my office. It was sort of grey-driftwood-offwhite to begin with. very boring when you're in an office with no windows and 4 white walls. I finally feel moved in. I've never been much for having a "me" wall, but I've got my 20 and 30 year certificates up. We're having an "open house" next week but I'm ready for it.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Tuesday was my next level of the NF Academy's Body Weight progression. There was a bump up in the target on a couple of exercises and the addition of diamond knee-pushups. While my numbers on the workout were good - I was dead on my feet by the end, and no finishers. Seriously, one of the days when you want to just lay on the mat and cry. Too tired to cook the planned meal, so I fell back and made omlets & went to bed early.

Woke up Wedensday feeling too rotten to go to work. All sorts of lovely flu-like body aches and a dicey stomach. I didn't get any conditioning in, but tracked my food & was within my target range. I'm back at work this morning, but I think I'll put off my 2nd strength training till tomorrow.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thursday:

• Conditioning complete
  • Tracking done and calories within target range. 
  • No workout done.  Planning on doing the "B" workout tonight.

I've gotten the opportunity to put in for a one-year detail to D.C.; it would be a (temporary) promotion.  I've been dithering about it, but decided to at least apply.  The weird part is that I need to do up a resume - which I've never done.  Last time I got a new job, the govenment was still using that dumb government form.  I've found a nice format for the job, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through.  Since I do most of NF updates at lunch time, I may be even less visible next week than I usually am. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I finished out the week well

Friday:

• Conditioning done
  • "B" workout done, but no finishers
  • Tracking complete and within target range
  • I am on the last two stripes on my baby blanket...and ran out of yarn 1 row from finishing the penultimate stripe!  Yarn run in my future

Saturday:

• conditioning done - lots of yard work and work around the house
  • Tracking done and within target
  • Cut a couple of mats so I could get the last couple of things up in my office - and ready for the open house on Wednesday

Sunday

• Workout "A" done  - a great workout.  I did 3x25 squats, and the full 5 rounds of squat-thrust finishers. 
  • Conditioning not done.  Got wrapped up in TurboTax and never made it out for that walk!  I did get 3 dinners, 2 lunches, and 5 breakfasts premade, so I was busy enough. 
  • Tracking complete and within target.  I'm on a roll

Weekly roundup

Goals:

1. Tracking my food intake on MFP.  14/14
  2. Complete the 6-week Body-weight Brigade Beta workout course from the NF academy.  10/12
  3. Perform the above BBBB conditioning.  5/7

I've loaded the new version of quicken and I'm getting things entered for my budget. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Looking solid, Laureleye.  Why is it that you are on the fence about the DC position?  You are usually quite decisive...

Well, I love the idea of the DC position.  I think it would be fun, and I'd be okay in DC by myself, tho obviously miss my husband.  I wouldn't get to move their permenantly, but I'd get to travel home once/month on the gov't dime.  I'm actually worried about my husband taking care of himself while I'm gone.  His cooking is pretty much limited to oatmeal and boiled eggs - oh, he's just added protein shakes to his repertoire. 

Looks great :)

Why would it be a temporary thing?

That's the way the job is laid out - it's a temporary detail & I would only be promoted while I was in the detail.  Afterwards, back to my previous job and grade.

I did get my resume done and submitted.  Now I get to wait (probably 90 days!) while the gov't does it's thing and decides if I'm qualified.  In the usual gov't way, an HR "expert" that knows nothing about IT will look at all of our resumes and decides who makes the short list for interviews.  I've always assumed that they do it by counting buzz words, so I make sure I sprinkle my resume with "analysis" and "customer support".

Well, let's see what else I've done this week.

Monday:

• Conditioning done

Tuesday

• This was my "B" workout day, and it didn't go well.  I felt out of sorts from the beginning, my knee complained about the lunges and jump ropes.  I finally bagged it after 2 circuits with no finishers.  I've been pretty tired lately but don't know if that's the reason or what.  The doctor's office cancelled my physical, so I better get it rescheduled to see if something is up with my thyroid.
  • Conditioning done

Wednesday

• Conditioning done
  • Tracking done & within target.  I'm super charged up about this.  We had an open house at work, with goodies as you can imagine.  I did have a treat but stayed on track for the day.  I'm pretty introverted, so yakking with all of the folks that came by got pretty painful (I had to hide a couple of times).  But the art work in my office was quite a hit.  I've got pictures and I will post them!

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Well, I could have done a better job planning out the end of the week!

Thursday:

• Conditioning done
  • No workout - we met a friend for dinner so there wasn't time.
  • Tracking done & within target.  Ate out and still did good!

Friday:

• Worked from home for about 1/2 the day, then went to a dental appt - so I didn't get the conditioning in
  • When I got home, I realized I needed to do the workout if I was going to fit in three for the week.  Only went so-so because my knees still hurt and my mouth wasn't doing that great either.  But I did 3 circuits, although no finishers.
  • Met my target again.

Had a good day Saturday.  Sunday I did my 3rd workout with finishers...but went over my calorie target.  Bleah. 

Goals:

1. Tracking my food intake on MFP.  13/14 
  2. Complete the 6-week Body-weight Brigade Beta workout course from the NF academy.  9/12.
  3. Perform the above BBBB conditioning.  5/7

Life-Quest:  Set a firm date for retirement.  I did a least do well on this.  I got Quicken about 80% set up.  Hoping to finish tonight and work on a budget this weekend. 

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Quick update - looks like I'll be working thru lunch yet again.  Our director was out from DC yesterday and my clerk's been out for two days so its been a bit of a mess. 

I'm 4/4 on tracking and being within my target.

I did a workout yesterday; jumped to the next level but not a big change.  My knees are still a bit stiff, so I did "hopping" jacks for the jumping jacks.  I did running-in-place-while-punching-the-air-and-humming-Rocky's Theme for my finishers.  I'm drafting up an email to Steve & Staci as a background task to running queries and things.  My yarn came last night, but I guess I messed up the order.  Only 1 of the 2 colors I needed was included.  So now I have two rows left to finish on the entire blanket...and no yarn.  Aghghgh!

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Too many days of working thru lunch this week.  We've started planning the 3rd of our 3 office moves; which I'm just not mentally prepared for.  The actual move won't be till this autumn, but I'm back in floor plan 'n furniture mode.

I'm managing to eat well and stay within my target, but my knees continue to be a bit achy so I'm not quite at full performance on my workouts.  Today I'm adding "Y raises", which look interesting.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Friday's workout went pretty well.  I was able to go back to standard lunges, although I wasn't able to hit the max of 15.  I had an errand to run, so I skipped the finishers and did my errand on foot.  I also got my retirement estimate, so I'm only lacking the budget to be ready for my financial meeting.

I did some errands on foot plus a walk for my conditioning today.  Got a massage and I feel wonderful.

Here are the office pix I said I'd post (I think you need to open them in a new tab to make them bigger than a postage stamp)

The two black & white drawings are my work.  The two on the far left are my niece's at about 8 & 11.

post-10229-0-12978400-1396136058_thumb.j

And everything here is my work - all of this was done for a Color & Design art class

post-10229-0-32519800-1396136063_thumb.j

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I really like the black&white on the far right.

I hear everybody loving massages but I've never had one.  I feel like I'm missing out because I don't have any $$$.  G/f tried once and she basically just pinched my back and it irritated me.

I really like the black&white on the far right.

I hear everybody loving massages but I've never had one.  I feel like I'm missing out because I don't have any $$$.  G/f tried once and she basically just pinched my back and it irritated me.

Yup, I've always thought that was one of my better pieces. 

I'm not crazy about strangers touching me, so I only go to one person.  She's a friend & doesn't charge much or I probably wouldn't get one either.  She works doing physical therapy so she's pretty good.  Knew right away that my knee was in trouble and worked on it (very carefully). 

I'm late posting stats for last week because I worked thru lunch again yesterday.  I still have to take a class and participate in an "exercise" for my annual security certification.

Goals:

1. Tracking my food intake on MFP.  14/14
  2. Complete the 6-week Body-weight Brigade Beta workout course from the NF academy.  I did all 3 workouts, but skipped finishers 1 day, so 11/12.
  3. Perform the above BBBB conditioning.  As usual  I'm doing well on conditioning during the week, but only so-so on the weekend.  Satuday I worked in the house and garden.  Sunday I walked, but not enough.  So 6/7.

Wow, it's the last week of the challenge already.  The knee felt pretty good today, so I'm hoping to finish strong.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I did finish up the challenge, but I was swamped the last couple of days before I went on vacation for my birthday.  So, this is going to be a pretty lame windup.

1. Tracking my food intake on MFP. 14/14
  2. Complete the 6-week Body-weight Brigade Beta workout course from the NF academy. I only did 2 of 3 workouts.  Sunday I woke up with leading edge of a migraine.  The idea of a workout made me want to scream, but a run sounded (oddly) okay.  I actually had a great run - made 1 3/4 miles without stopping and then 1/4 mile cooldown...Only to have the migraine boomerang back about an hour later.  So I was 8/12
  3. Perform the above BBBB conditioning. I hit this 7/7 counting Sunday's run.

On the whole, I'm going to give myself a "B" for the challenge.  At this point, I'm going to move on and start the new challenge.

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines