EmCee's "TFioS: The Fault in our Squats" Challenge

EmCee

Sooooo, hi nerds. I waffled about challenging this go 'round but... 

tumblr_mzup0gWpaO1rd02m7o1_250.gif

Here I am. 

My goals are ultra-vague  (as usual) with the exception of one...

1) Squat 225 at March Powerlifting Meet

tumblr_m9eyjxdsFA1rurm8yo1_500.gif

This shouldn't be that hard considering I was able to do this at 4T. However, I have had some trouble completing my 3x5's at 200. I deloaded to 170 and aim to get through those and be able to max at at least 225 come March 15. Only one way to accomplish this - continue to follow the programming and stop mind-fucking myself. 

2) Don't Eat Like an Asshole

tumblr_mh1zc8TiRH1r0p18uo3_r1_500.gif

No, John Green, the answer is not always pizza. I am looking to shave about ten lbs sloooowwwwly off my body - this can only be accomplished by not eating like a total tool. I am really really good about this when I don't let my emotions get the best of me and dive face first into a pint of ice cream. 

3) Continue ruck training

tumblr_mc6ovolQyo1rd02m7o2_400.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 

Okay, fine. A little bit. Met-con type stuff is what I'm laziest about at the gym. I like it but, since leaving Crossfit, I've had a hard time getting into it on my own. I need to continue to add more and more in so that I don't fail at life in May. (Or in March when I have my Light with Catspaw and Tinney). 

4) Get schwasted-face with Catspaw and Biggum and TInney

tumblr_maqbwcPrXA1rp0q31.gif

• Like 3

Letting go is the hardest asana. 

Instagram: WholeBodySwoleHeart

LOL - vague is good - it leaves room for life. 

And who IS that guy??

Some kind of Jedi .....

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

“THE QUESTION ISN'T WHO IS GOING TO LET ME; IT'S WHO IS GOING TO STOP ME?” Ayn Rand

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49

I need to set up some kind of NF vs NF meetup (Nerd Fitness vs Nerd Fighteria). Mainly because I want to meet John and Hank. 

Also wooooo 1.5weeks till a ruckin' good time. 

And finally, I soooo love the fact that you are slowly becoming more nerdy. :D

• Like 2

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

In!

Not only is it full of vlogbrothery goodness, but getting schwasted-face with me is a goal!

DFTBA.

YOU DFTBA.

I'll cheer you on.  You know 225 is going to be your SECOND lift, right??  

My second lift?!  :nightmare:

I should probably be invited to #4...

Dude - come. I will make you margaritas. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

LOL - vague is good - it leaves room for life. 

And who IS that guy??

WHO IS THAT GUY?!?! Here... let me introduce you. 

Just when I think I couldn't possibly love you any more, you bust out a John Green themed challenge. 

pfi_bdfc76821b67b053924df58e826a10ac.png

<3

I need to set up some kind of NF vs NF meetup (Nerd Fitness vs Nerd Fighteria). Mainly because I want to meet John and Hank. 

I would def go to that meetup. 

tumblr_mpr5e6Yw1U1qhhsyjo1_500.gif

I would so be in for that. But which side would I sit on?!?!? Also, someone might have to sit on me to keep me from fangirling out....

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

so here's the thing, you can't always expect to go up in weight every week with your squats.  especially where you're at now.  at first its easier, but if you could continue to go up 5lbs per week, you'd be squatting 300lbs in a few months.

which would be awesome, but it doesn't happen that way.

Don't let failing your 3 sets of 5 at 200 mess with you. deloads are good.  (Also: going to email you something later tonight, so if I don't, bug me)

• Like 2
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Subbed because powerlifting/olyavatar/etcinspires. =D

I wanna be just like you guys when I grow up, haha.

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

so here's the thing, you can't always expect to go up in weight every week with your squats. especially where you're at now. at first its easier, but if you could continue to go up 5lbs per week, you'd be squatting 300lbs in a few months.

which would be awesome, but it doesn't happen that way.

Don't let failing your 3 sets of 5 at 200 mess with you. deloads are good. (Also: going to email you something later tonight, so if I don't, bug me)

I know that eventually linear progression runs out but maaaannn, I wanted 200 so bad. I know I'll get there and I know the deload will do me good.

I'm really bad about checking my email but I'll look for whatevs you're sending :)

2/24

Warm-up and stretching - hips felt super tight.

- Good morning 1x8x65

- Hypers 3x8x45

- 500m row

Back squat:

1x5x85

1x5x115

1x5x135

1x5x155

3x5x175

OHP:

1x5x45

1x5x65

3x5x80

Deadlift:

1x10x135

1x5x155

1x5x175

1x5x195

- This was a big deal for me since I'd been struggling with pulling 195 from the ground. I'm guessing the grip stuff is helping bc it didn't feel like it was going to slip out of my hands.

Leg Press:

Wide stance and knees touching - 1x8x135, 1x8x185, 1x8x225, 1x8x245

• Like 1

I would do this for some peanut butter right now...

tumblr_lqftumT8jo1qhruop.gif

And while searching for gifs...

tumblr_mo1pk6d8hB1r4spxdo1_500.gif

HOW DID I MISS JOHN GREEN ON MY DRUNK KITCHEN?

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I would so be in for that. But which side would I sit on?!?!? Also, someone might have to sit on me to keep me from fangirling out....

The answer to both questions would be John's lap. :D

tumblr_mo1pk6d8hB1r4spxdo1_500.gif

HOW DID I MISS JOHN GREEN ON MY DRUNK KITCHEN?

Because you are bad at the internet :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines