EmCee's "TFioS: The Fault in our Squats" Challenge

EmCee

If I was single, it would be the ladies in the gym cloths I hit on too. I don't understand where the confusion is.

Also, last night didn't work out for the gym. Will get the squats done tomorrow.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'd tiger balm you. But it sounds like there are some gentlemen closer who might do better work.

I still call dibs on buffing, though.

Sleep well, and enjoy your rest day!

I wouldn't let anyone else buff me.

What a day. I feel like a champ when I get one girl's number in a random public setting; not even sure I've ever been approached by two in the same day ever. Haha. Role norms blah blah, sure fine, but still. ;)

And yeah... it's hard to turn down challenges once you're actually in the gym. I can't count the number of times I've hurt myself deadlifting past fatigue (and lumbar scoliosis). Alas.

The rest day should do you some good. <3

Down with normative gender roles!

Enjoy your rest day! Listen to the Catspaw!!!

And fist-bumps on cute guys asking for your number while you're in gym clothes. Obviously they can sense the pure awesome better that way :D

I knoooow. Why did I not listen to her?

If I was single, it would be the ladies in the gym cloths I hit on too. I don't understand where the confusion is.

Also, last night didn't work out for the gym. Will get the squats done tomorrow.

Get 'em in, Gainsdalf!

I would totally hit on you in your workout clothes. In fact, I think I have.

FTFY

Hg,h. :)

FTFY.

I expect full on flirtation constantly.

LOL

Whatchu laugh in' at, sweet thang?

I totes asked to buff your ass when you were in workout clothes. I think this is a thing. I must wear more workout clothes in public!

You totally did, didn't even wait til I'd changed out of my Lulu's! <3

If this is a thing, I need to definitely spend more time running around in my gym clothes.

Letting go is the hardest asana. 

Instagram: WholeBodySwoleHeart

It is totally a thing. Ponytails and active wear have always been a fascination of mine, even before I identified as an athlete. It's obvious I'm not the only one. =P

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

I woke up groggy and sore with two deadlines looming over my head. I rolled out of bed and threw on my gym clothes, determined to Get Shit Done ™, and headed out to face the day.

First, I headed to my local supp shop. I am running low on BCAAs and brotein and I have been avoiding the shop since Kyle left. Kyle was the previous manager, whom I had a good working relationship with, and I was so uninterested in meeting New Manager. So, I waltz in, and who greets me? Brady, the NM.

Umm, holy crap. He's ridiculously gorgeous. I might've stuttered. I introduced myself and told him what I was there for (spoiler: I was most excited when I left with 4 new shaker cups). We talked about Kyle leaving, we talked about lifting, and my goals. And then he asked for my number. DON'T MIND IF I DO. Maybe I can get some discounts out of it :tongue:

Uh oh - but what if it goes horribly wrong and I have to start going somewhere like GNC?!

Let's not dwell on that. Next up was Starbucks. I ordered my coffee (black, no milk or sugar... and no I don't need room, tyvm) and plopped down on the couch to finish up my magazine article (which probably took longer than it should've considering I was also in chat). As I was finishing up, cute guy across from me starts a conversation.

What the hell, guys. I'm in gym clothes and look like I got a total of four hours of sleep (accurate). Is this the universe making up for the lack of reasonably attractive non-douchey men in my life? I hope so. At the end of our conversation, he also asked for my number.

Aww, yiiiisss.

As I wrapped up my article, complaining in chat about my tiredness and soreness, Catspaw once again gently nudged me to take a rest day. Of course, in my stubbornness, I declined and headed to the gym. As I warmed up, I could feel my body groan and protest the heavy weight. I shook my head halfway through my warmup weights and reracked - knowing I should've taken Catspaw's advice from the start. So I abandoned my strength training today but, still being the asshole I am, went forward with the 50/50 front squats I challenged Gainsdalf too.

Bad idea.

30 reps in, my elbows started to sag. I switched to the cross grip, hoping to eliminate the problem, but the bar hurt my semi-busted shoulder. Still, like an asshole, I continued until I had completed all 50 reps. It took just under 5 minutes.

When I finished I practically threw the bar back in the rack and immediately attempted to loosen my shoulder, pissed off that I had let pride get the better of me instead of considering my training, the importance of recovery, and the ruck that is a week away.

I spent the rest of my gym time mobilizing, stretching and working out the pain in my shoulder.

I came home to a ton of stuff that needed to be done but, after eating lunch, I crawled into bed and took a nap. I woke up feeling much better. I had dinner, wrote my article, putzed around, and then had a second dinner. I don't know if it was the carbs (I had rice) or not, could be unrelated, but the headache I'd had for the past hour finally subsided.

Now I'm finally in bed again, ready to sleep, and I've decided tomorrow will be a legitimate rest day. Now, if only I could find someone to tiger balm my shoulder.

Too bad you don't work at google >.>

I totes asked to buff your ass when you were in workout clothes. I think this is a thing. I must wear more workout clothes in public! 

I have made it a point to ask my boss multiple times if I can wear my work out clothes to work.

I have NO idea why she keeps saying no.

I love them- I feel amazing in them. What's the issue??? 

WOOT WOOT- to number getting!!!  I kind of miss those days- although that being said most guys tend to be douchetards that approached me so I only missed it but so much.  Cute guys at coffee shops when you are in work out clothes- is good. there is potential!!!

sorry about the grouchy shoulder.

Take rest days- foam- mobility- do the things you need to do.  And I appreciate you sharing your day with me/us.

I will also hit on you whenever possible.  clothes- or no clothes. 

• Like 1

I have made it a point to ask my boss multiple times if I can wear my work out clothes to work.

I have NO idea why she keeps saying no.

I love them- I feel amazing in them. What's the issue???

WOOT WOOT- to number getting!!! I kind of miss those days- although that being said most guys tend to be douchetards that approached me so I only missed it but so much. Cute guys at coffee shops when you are in work out clothes- is good. there is potential!!!

sorry about the grouchy shoulder.

Take rest days- foam- mobility- do the things you need to do. And I appreciate you sharing your day with me/us.

I will also hit on you whenever possible. clothes- or no clothes.

It's only a little bit grouchy - pretty manageable when I don't act like an idiot.

As for the guys... I'm so used to tools approaching me at the gym that I normally put off this unapproachable attitude everywhere else (which prevents me from striking up convos with normal men) + OKC horrors.

I struggled through today's workout despite two days of rest and plenty of food.

Quick warmup and light stretch

Good morning

1x5x45

1x5x65

Back squat

1x5x65

1x5x85

1x5x115

1x5x145

1x3x165

3x5x180

OHP

1x5x45

1x5x65

3x5x80

Deadlift

1x8x135

1x5x155

1x5x175

1x5x185

1x2x205*

* failed the 3rd rep - not grip, def just strength. I may be doing too many beforehand and taxing my body before I get to the work weight. I'm going to stop doing so many of these beforehand. After my failed rep, an older man approached me and told me that I'd get it next time

This time next week I'll be three hours into the ruck with Catspaw and Tinney! Which means JUST FIVE DAYS UNTIL BIGM AND CATSPAW ARRIVE AND ONLY SEVEN UNTIL TINMAN!

*dances excitedly*

• Like 3

Yeah, on those DLs, I'd double or triple the 155 then go right to a double at 185, then do the work set. If you want to warm the muscles more, add another 135 set at the beginning. The heavy warm ups are just to rev up your nervous system and prep you mentally for heavy weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

It's hard to do DL for sets when you get heavy. Getting enough reps to warm up without fatiguing yourself is a delicate balance.

On the happy side, look at you banging out sets of 180 like nothing :D

*flexes*

Yeah, on those DLs, I'd double or triple the 155 then go right to a double at 185, then do the work set. If you want to warm the muscles more, add another 135 set at the beginning. The heavy warm ups are just to rev up your nervous system and prep you mentally for heavy weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright - I'll give this a shot :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines