I don't think there's a single person on here who wouldn't be excited to go to Camp NF. Good on you for going for it! I hope the snow didn't hit you too hard last night because it looks like you're biking is right where you want it to be.

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Yes, the biking suffered this morning thanks to the snow. I made it to the gym at 5:45 yesterday, before the snow even started. By the time I left the gym, around 8am, the car was completely covered in a couple of inches of it. It continued for hours and we were left with too much for me to feel good about running or biking outside today. I think what I'll do is add some biking at the gym tomorrow and maybe a short run on Saturday. I'm still going for that mileage on the bike and my preference is actually getting from point A to point B, but I'll do more stationary biking if I need to.

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Zombies, Run!

Nerd Fitness Mitten Meetups

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

It's been a while since I posted! I've been hopping around other peoples' threads and chatting with the lovely ladies in my accountabilibuddy group.

Though I didn't get my biking done on Thursday, I did end up going after work on Friday. I biked to the gym, did my usual strength workout, then biked back. It's gotten significantly easier each time I've made the trip, so I'm hoping it'll one day be something I can do without any trepidation at all! The only issue I have is that biking from the gym makes me sweat, which means showering at home, which means more laundry and more cold showers.

The only exercise-y thing I did this weekend was going for a run with one of my housemates today. I'd never run with anyone else before, but it was so much fun! Because she was there, I didn't stop (or slow to a walk) once with the exception of an intersection or two. I had someone I love to chat with and we went for much longer than I felt like we had! Sunday Rundays ftw!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkq

• Like 4

Aisha

Zombies, Run!

Hi there Aisha! As you might have seen, I'm gonna be cheering you on this week :D

To start it off, I wanted to say it's so cool that you tried running with someone else! I used to run, and it's very different to run on your own or with someone else. It does distract! So you actually managed to chat too?? Impressive! :applouse:

How are you feeling about the new week?

• Like 1

Hey lady :) Just read through your thread again and realized I have managed to not post a single time on here! Please forgive me! But it's great to see that you feel like you're making progress...I'd imagine that it's incredibly motivating :)

"I am the hero of this story. I don't need to be saved."

Level 2 Half Wood Elf | Current Challenge  #1 l  Progress Album

STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 1 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

Hi there Aisha! As you might have seen, I'm gonna be cheering you on this week :D

To start it off, I wanted to say it's so cool that you tried running with someone else! I used to run, and it's very different to run on your own or with someone else. It does distract! So you actually managed to chat too?? Impressive! :applouse:

How are you feeling about the new week?

Hey, darlin! I'm thrilled to have such a wonderful cowgirl backing me up this week!

When I say "chat", I mean I was able to puff out breathy words, but I did really love it. I ran the same route again today and I think I went faster, but I missed my housemate!

This week started off a little shaky. I wasn't able to make it to the gym yesterday and was super cranky as a result. I actually meditated so that I could put things in perspective and not take my anger out on my housemates. We had dinner and a house meeting until pretty late and I would've just gone to bed, but an old friend called and we caught each other up on our lives. THEN one of my housemates knocked on my door around 1am in tears! He was so upset that I was shaking just out of sympathy. Today has gone a lot smoother. My boss asked me to come in early (late last night), but that meant I could take a longer lunch guilt-free. I biked in the morning and used the extra lunch time to get that run in.

• Like 1

Aisha

Zombies, Run!

Hey lady :) Just read through your thread again and realized I have managed to not post a single time on here! Please forgive me! But it's great to see that you feel like you're making progress...I'd imagine that it's incredibly motivating :)

That's quite all right! I really do feel that progress. The weight's coming off slow and steady and I just feel more capable in general.

• Like 1

Aisha

Zombies, Run!

Hey, darlin! I'm thrilled to have such a wonderful cowgirl backing me up this week!

When I say "chat", I mean I was able to puff out breathy words, but I did really love it. I ran the same route again today and I think I went faster, but I missed my housemate!

This week started off a little shaky. I wasn't able to make it to the gym yesterday and was super cranky as a result. I actually meditated so that I could put things in perspective and not take my anger out on my housemates. We had dinner and a house meeting until pretty late and I would've just gone to bed, but an old friend called and we caught each other up on our lives. THEN one of my housemates knocked on my door around 1am in tears! He was so upset that I was shaking just out of sympathy. Today has gone a lot smoother. My boss asked me to come in early (late last night), but that meant I could take a longer lunch guilt-free. I biked in the morning and used the extra lunch time to get that run in.

That's so sweet that I instantly added you as a friend, lol!

Haha okay, yes that sounds more like it :P I just never understand when people run and are still able to chat like they're sitting down, not running! Anyway, I think they say that if you can still chat (and you could!) then you're doing it right!

It sounds like you had a difficult start to the week though. I hope you're okay?

And, because you totally deserve this:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Oh wow-- I am so utterly NOT tech savvy. How did you get cheering minions??

Hahaha! It's ok!

You just search for, well, whatever you want to have, on Google (Images). Add "gif" to your search if you want it to be a moving picture, that's the file extension for pictures that move (I'm sorry if I'm telling you things you already know, just want to give you complete information). If you see one that you like, click on it so it will enlarge, then right-click and click the option 'copy file location' (or something similar).

Then, when you're typing your comment here on NF, click the little image-button (a tiny frame with a tree in the middle), right-click and click 'paste'! You should now have the image location as your image, and it should already be moving too if you've added it to your message, even before posting your message.

I hope that was clear :)

• Like 2

Hehe, I do love the cheering minions!

I had a really great time at the gym yesterday. Upped the weights on my squats and glute bridges, got three full sets of ten knee push-ups with really good form (this had previously been a pretty major struggle) and maintained good form for three 45-second planks. This is all after an intense cycling class. The instructor announced that we were going to do one more 7-minute round standing towards the end and two people walked out!

I made cheesy egg muffins from Nom Nom Paleo in the morning yesterday. SO. GOOD. Unfortunately, they're all gone now. :upset:

On the nerdy front, I also took some of my students to a tech expo yesterday. It was lots of fun. I wandered the expo while they were in sessions (I got there too late for the professional development session) and talked with a guy who was presenting about game development who was pretty cool. I got the impression that he'd fit in well here, actually!

Not sure how today is going to go. I was up late talking with another of my housemates about his impending breakup and chose to sleep until quite late this morning. I need to put a strict bedtime in place for myself! Or at least stop messing around on my phone before bed...

Aisha

Zombies, Run!

I had a really great time at the gym yesterday. Upped the weights on my squats and glute bridges, got three full sets of ten knee push-ups with really good form (this had previously been a pretty major struggle) and maintained good form for three 45-second planks. This is all after an intense cycling class. The instructor announced that we were going to do one more 7-minute round standing towards the end and two people walked out!

I made cheesy egg muffins from Nom Nom Paleo in the morning yesterday. SO. GOOD. Unfortunately, they're all gone now. :upset:

On the nerdy front, I also took some of my students to a tech expo yesterday. It was lots of fun. I wandered the expo while they were in sessions (I got there too late for the professional development session) and talked with a guy who was presenting about game development who was pretty cool. I got the impression that he'd fit in well here, actually!

Not sure how today is going to go. I was up late talking with another of my housemates about his impending breakup and chose to sleep until quite late this morning. I need to put a strict bedtime in place for myself! Or at least stop messing around on my phone before bed...

It's great seeing improvement, right? I get a kick out of improving too, lol, today I was showing off my biceps to two of my classmates by flexing it. :D And a 45-sec plank is very impressive.. I don't think I'm capable of doing that right now! Maybe I will become better at them by keeping at my 30 day shred videos, in level 2, where I am at now, there's a lot of plank moves.. plank jacks, plank.. jumps, or whatever she calls them, plank twists.. phew! Getting better at them though!

Oh, I forgot to ask you before! Did you plan to do more running sessions with your housemate, because it was so much fun last time? I think that's about the best way to make sure you get runs in :) (and it's more fun, which makes it easier to stick with it too!)

I had a look at those muffins. Great news that you can still eat "carbs" while eating paleo! I look bread, cupcakes, etc. I might try making these when I get an oven :)

Say, Aisha, you need to tell me more about yourself! I didn't know (or forgot.. if that's the case, I'm deeply sorry) you're a teacher? What do you teach? Anyway, yes! Tech expo! I'm studying Computer Science and hoping to develop applications and/or games in the future, so I'd love to have visited that expo. Did your students enjoy it too?

I have the annoying habit of messing around with my phone too, but not when I go to sleep, but when I wake up. I scroll aimlessly through Facebook updates to make sure I don't fall asleep again but still get to stay in bed a bit longer :P hmm, how about a little challenge? I'll change my alarm so it'll go off later than usual, forcing me to get out of bed right away (so no more Facebook for me! Not while trying to wake up) and you stop messing around on your phone too when you're supposed to be sleeping! I'm trying to be strict, heh ;) you could try to meditate if you want "something to do"?

• Like 1

Those egg muffins look awesome. I believe I have a breakfast ready to go this weekend.

Great job in the gym. You are killing it. Three sets of 45 second planks is great! Add the upped weights and the bike classes and you are taking off.

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

It's great seeing improvement, right? I get a kick out of improving too, lol, today I was showing off my biceps to two of my classmates by flexing it. :D And a 45-sec plank is very impressive.. I don't think I'm capable of doing that right now! Maybe I will become better at them by keeping at my 30 day shred videos, in level 2, where I am at now, there's a lot of plank moves.. plank jacks, plank.. jumps, or whatever she calls them, plank twists.. phew! Getting better at them though!

Oh, I forgot to ask you before! Did you plan to do more running sessions with your housemate, because it was so much fun last time? I think that's about the best way to make sure you get runs in :) (and it's more fun, which makes it easier to stick with it too!)

I had a look at those muffins. Great news that you can still eat "carbs" while eating paleo! I look bread, cupcakes, etc. I might try making these when I get an oven :)

Say, Aisha, you need to tell me more about yourself! I didn't know (or forgot.. if that's the case, I'm deeply sorry) you're a teacher? What do you teach? Anyway, yes! Tech expo! I'm studying Computer Science and hoping to develop applications and/or games in the future, so I'd love to have visited that expo. Did your students enjoy it too?

I have the annoying habit of messing around with my phone too, but not when I go to sleep, but when I wake up. I scroll aimlessly through Facebook updates to make sure I don't fall asleep again but still get to stay in bed a bit longer :tongue: hmm, how about a little challenge? I'll change my alarm so it'll go off later than usual, forcing me to get out of bed right away (so no more Facebook for me! Not while trying to wake up) and you stop messing around on your phone too when you're supposed to be sleeping! I'm trying to be strict, heh ;) you could try to meditate if you want "something to do"?

Thanks for the reminder! I just shot my housemate a text to see if she wants to run late in the morning on Sunday. You'll definitely get there with the planks. I've kept the length of mine the same for a while because my form had gotten pretty terrible. They used to be more like 25 second planks followed by 20 seconds of fighting to keep my stomach off the floor. I'm thinking I might start pushing the time again soon.

I'm not a teacher, actually. I work at a high school where part of being a student is working a corporate job five days out of the month. My office coordinates everything to do with that work program. In addition, I coach forensics and advise a club for girls called GET-IT (Girls Explore Together- Information Technology). That's where the tech expo comes in. My students are... motivated mostly by food. They enjoyed the free lunch. And that they got out of school. After that, they liked learning about a cosmetics app featured in one of their sessions. Related to that same group, I got an email today about an opportunity for one of my students to train with an organization called Grand Circus for free! The course is normally $300 and my students all come from lower-income families, so it's pretty huge for any who want to learn more about programming.

And I like your proposal. No more Facebook in bed! Agreed?

Aisha

Zombies, Run!

Hahaha! It's ok!

You just search for, well, whatever you want to have, on Google (Images). Add "gif" to your search if you want it to be a moving picture, that's the file extension for pictures that move (I'm sorry if I'm telling you things you already know, just want to give you complete information). If you see one that you like, click on it so it will enlarge, then right-click and click the option 'copy file location' (or something similar).

Then, when you're typing your comment here on NF, click the little image-button (a tiny frame with a tree in the middle), right-click and click 'paste'! You should now have the image location as your image, and it should already be moving too if you've added it to your message, even before posting your message.

I hope that was clear :)

Testing....

maya_wolf_dancing_gif_by_reapermaya-d4n3

• Like 2

OOO, I like that gif! I know I already clicked "like," but sometimes it makes sense to just type it out.

Epsilonx2, how did your week go?

Thanks for being an awesome CCC supporter on W4 mini, you are an outstanding cheerleader :)

Haha, I'm so glad you've enjoyed my cheering!

I waaaaaaay overdid it on Saturday. I took a kickboxing class taught by this very sweet older lady who proceeded to thoroughly kick my ass. I've been moving as if I were the elderly one for the past three days. When I was able to get up this morning without groaning, I considered it a win. I biked back and forth to an HTML & CSS class I was taking on Saturday and Sunday. I've lost track of the miles, so I'm going to have to go back through and figure that out by the end of the challenge. I've been doing well with the poetry and meditation, but I'm running out of time to actually perform (my own words) at an open mic. There's one this Friday, but I'm not in the least bit prepared. I want to go back and develop a couple of the daily poems I've started, but I have no idea what I'm doing! AH!

Aisha

Zombies, Run!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines