Mini-Challenge: The Door (Wk 6 posted)

Hammlin

As the rangers are convening around you, there is a strange buzz in the air... a commotion almost...

You notice a majority of the people in front of you (can you even call some of them people?) are gathering around a piece of paper on the wall.

One by one you see them read it, and then touch it with their hand. As they touch the paper, their hand print glows bright blue.

glowing-hand.jpg

Ever curious, you make your way to the document that seems to have everyone in a trance...

You scan the note (who has time to read these days?) and it seems to be some sort of mission... sure why not?

You hold your hand up to the paper and as it glows, your entire body tingles.

Uh, what the heck was that?

Before you have another second to think, you feel the urge to move out of the lobby and into the back room. What have you gotten yourself into?

Rangers!

Welcome to a new challenge and a new set of mini's! The start of the challenge is a fun time, and for new folks it can be intimidating!

Your goal is to wave your hand to participate, by doing the following:

1. Subscribe to this thread

2. Subscribe to the thread of someone you have never seen or spoken with in guild before!

3. Go through your 4 goals and triple check that your GOALS point you in the direction of your MAIN MISSION (you always need a main mission, yo!)

4. Report back here if you've got that tingly feeling all over.... ;)  (in other words, are you in or what?)

• Like 3

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

status update:

Subbed!

Subbed to shadowlion (we are both doing burpees, awesome)

triple checked, they are commiserate with my mission

so that's what that is.....I thought I was getting a rash

Level 5 Tiefling Ranger/Assassin Hybrid

|STR:15 | DEX:5 | STA:9 | CON:6 | WIS:6 | CHA:4 |

My Current Challenge

Challenges: First | Second |Third | Fourth | Fifth |  Sixth

Facebook Anyone?

EMAIL!

Tiefling Ranger/Rogue Hybrid with ShadowDancer prestige, wolf companion, and Spiked Chain proficiency, BOOM my awesomeness just broke your campaign - Me

-subbed

-had already subbed ShadowLion, lilbichy, KiltedCowboy and alienjenn (all new)

-my goals are on track

-it might be drugs, or exercise, does trembling count?

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

*grumble* So many instructions... *grumble*

1.  subbed.

2.  subbed to LadyWitch's thread.

3.  Arroo!

4.  I've got... that... Loooooving feeling... 

Oh.. not that feeling?  Well, whatever.  I'm in.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

1. Subscribed

2. Subscribed to the threads of many, many rangers!

3. Go through your 4 goals:

a. Never tell me the odds - BBWW is cutting fat and building muscle. Check! 

b. Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs - Running a lot and jump starting metabolism. Check!

c. Laugh it up, Fuzzball! - Learn new skill to stay focused. Working on strength. Check!

d. Creative - Keeping me sane and excited for the challenges. Check!

4. I'm Hooked on a feeling... I'm buzzing and tingling all over.

• Like 1

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Should I be worried about being part of a group where the entire guild doesn't bother to read the note and just thinks "That's shiny. I'll touch that!" I'd like to think that I ... ooooh! blue light! I wonder what that does? *touch*

1. Sub'd

2. Sub'd to alexc and MariahSnow

3. Gain muscle, exercise, deadlift, splits and taking care of the lair. Superhero checklist in order.

4. I'm in. Unless this is one of those "You've won a free cruise" deals and then you try to sell me a timeshare.

• Like 4

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Should I be worried about being part of a group where the entire guild doesn't bother to read the note and just thinks "That's shiny. I'll touch that!" I'd like to think that I ... ooooh! blue light! I wonder what that does? *touch*

Sounds about right ;)

• Like 1

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Oooh mini challenges I've missed these  :positive:

- subbed

- I'm new to the guild so I have subbed a few people to lurk and make some new friends :)

- goals are looking good and supporting my main quest

- get a tingle when I mingle! Nice to have that fresh feeling again for a new challenge start

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

1. Subbed

2. Let's see new Ranger friends;

Hammi, lilbichy, alienjenn, and a few more.

3. My goals are good. Goal 3 and life quest are about making my mind and soul healthier. Need balance between mind, body and soul.

4. Yeah I am trying to control that. This whole lycan transformation thing is still new to me.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

1. Subscribed to this thread.
  2. Subscribed to CeaseFire's thread.
  3. Goals match my admittedly uninspired long-term goal.
  4. Yeah, sure, I'm tingly.

If I'd known that mini-challenges were going to be this easy, I would have started doing them a long time ago. Do we get points for this?

"I've got to look like I could kill someone when I take my shirt off." - Daniel Craig

Epic Quest character

Level 13 Human Warrior

STR - 63 DEX - 22 STA - 16 CON - 47 WIS - 48 CHA - 7

This is my first mini-challenge, kind of excited!

1. Subbed - I'm assuming this means to follow. If it means something else someone enlighten me please!
  2. Subbed to Lilbichy's time to shine - how many people do most people typically follow? This can get really overwhelming, I could literally spend all day on the computer, but my dear college students really need a teacher sometimes.
  3. Goals match the main quest.
  4. Tingly ALL OVER! My darling hubby will be extremely jealous when I go to bed and tell him a NF forum made me tingly, lol

Class/Profession: Hobbit/Ranger - Level 4

Current Attributes: STR: 2, DEX: 3.5, STA: 8.5, CON: 8.5, WIS: 11.5, CHA: 4

Habits I'm Working On: #1, #2

Previous Challenges: #1, #2, #3.1(fail), #3.2

Quote: "If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." Thomas A. Edison

how many people do most people typically follow? This can get really overwhelming, I could literally spend all day on the computer

I went on a binge and went through all the Ranger's posts at the beginning of the challenge, following ones that seemed interesting or were people in similar starting place as I was, or have similar goals. Initially I just wanted to be sure to have lots of community involvement, as last challenge with the Level 1's there was lots of fall off after the 2nd week.

I think I'm following around 16 people right now and it is definitely overwhelming, I'll trim them down as I start seeing which ones are a better fit with my goals/personality. Hopefully I won't insult anyone by un-following...

• Like 3

Mangostrike

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Hey Mangostrike, I couldn't remember if we started following each other with this challenge or at the end of the last one. 

Dominic, you are another new name on my threads. 

I am following about twenty odd people, it is a full night's reading. I rarely get to basefook because of my fellow rebels Power of Awesome. An evening's dose of encouragement, determination, stubborness, success, friendship and more is the perfect way to end the day.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I'm on this thread, and stopped by an unsuspecting ranger's thread I've never met on here before.

Also, my goals are all basically mini versions of my life quest.  That's a check check aaaand check.

Now, I'm not sure I really want to touch this thing...Ooooh shinyy!

oooohhhh.gif

I've got the tingles.

• Like 1

Hey Mangostrike, I couldn't remember if we started following each other with this challenge or at the end of the last one.

I think it was this challenge, but we were both commenting and reading the same posts last challenge.

Posting from mobile.

• Like 1

Mangostrike

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines