Mini-Challenge: The Door (Wk 6 posted)

Hammlin

Refocusing is a good mini-challenge.  I was getting distracted by life, and by being hungry of all things.  SO, refocusing on the deadlift and the anti-stress parts of my quest.  Today was good :)

• Like 2

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

Reading. Been lax this week! Need to go home a d pull out a book .

Although!

I did read an article about the bi-mechanics of squats.

And on off shore wind turbines for energy generation.

So it shabby but hasn't been a priority.

• Like 1

In the distance you see the door, and it is glowing white and red and green and yellow. You didn't realize it until now, but you haven't seen anything but the color blue since you touched that damn wall panel!

If you never see that aqua glow again it will be too soon.

You make for the door in an all out sprint. Tugging and pulling the door is locked. NO! You have got to get out of this place!!! With all of your might you push the door until you start to hear cracking. Stepping back you see the door is splintering in a hundred different places! You step back and guard your face as it flies off the frame.

Peering in you see the world that you left behind... You bravely walk through the door, and are presented with a mirror. In it is you. And not blue you, YOU you.

180px-DoorC.jpg

Rangers:

Last challenge, since it's already Thursday I'll keep it short. Sprint for the door. (Complete one sprint drill at your own fitness level)

When you arrive at the door, review your progress, look yourself in the mirror, write you end of challenge write up.

Easy peasy- If you stayed with the minis through the duration of the challenge you may award yourself 1 extra stat point, but you must post a write up on Monday (or some time in that week break) to receive the point (I'll post a thread Sunday-ish)

Good luck, now RUN! (or do something very fast!)  :positive:

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Fantastic. I was about to transition into running mode for next challenge now that the snow is receding. A little visit to Abel Township should be just what the doctor ordered. If the doctor was a glowing, Gumbified, shrunken, smurf colored version of me.

• Like 3

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Thanks for the nudge.  I did 1 minute sprints with a minute walk between for 30 minutes.  Need speedwork!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Today I managed to break the 10min per kilometre mark on my walk. According to Map my Walk my average speed was 9.6min/km.

I am not at the point where running is an option, yet. Particularly with sore knees this week.

Woden uses ravens for messages, I use a Samsung S4.

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I wasn't intending to do it, but yesterday after classes I had a couple of hours to kill before I went to another meeting.  So I went into empty classrooms and ran laps and ran stairs (quietly) in the library; with breaking in between speed walking the hallways.  I did this for about an hour.   

• Like 1

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Str- 10, Dex-8, Sta-7, Con-11, Wis-78, Cha-43

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Last night on my commute home I did as many hill sprints as I physically could, and managed to cut a ~48min ride down to 39m40s. That's just amazing, my first commute (9.6 mile) sub-40 (on this route anyway).

• Like 2
Cyberdildonics || Half-Orc || Level 3 Ranger

STR 5.5 || DEX 3.5 || STA 7 || CON 7 || WIS 8.5 || CHA 6

"Train like your stronger, fitter evil-twin is plotting to kill you."

Decided to bow out of the mini. Have a half marathon on Sunday, so not a good time to throw in some sprints. Gotta stick to the main challenge goals :-)

I'd say a half marathon trumps!

• Like 3
"|Improvise, adapt, overcome. "

Level 3 Wood Elf Ranger  | STR11DEX5STA6CON3WIS2CHA3 ]

[ Dragons to slay:|250+ PFT 290+ CFT GORUCK Spartan 13.1 290+ PFT 20 +35# Pullups ]

[ Challenges: 1 2 Current ||RPG Fanatics Goblin Ganker ]

Zombies are so inconsiderate!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Zombies are so inconsiderate!!

Tell me about it. Even having a conversation is all centered around them. it's all "I want more brains" and "Do you know where I can find a brain?" and "I'm going to eat your brain". No please and thank you, no "Hey how's you and that big juicy brain doing today?". It's just grabby hands and give me what I want now.

• Like 2

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

The wrap up thread is posted and pinned.

Report back, rangers! You guys are badass!

• Like 3

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Uhhhhh nopedanope. I think I got a D on the mini-challenges.

I'll still give you a congratulatory pat on the head. :-D

My Blog | My Story

Did a Zombies,Run! session yesterday. 4 zombie chases. Stupid zombies started chasing me after I came off a downhill. I had absolutely no chance to evade them, but I tried my best! Now for my challenge end report.

They know. I'm not sure how, but they do.

Dictated over the phone to trained howler monkeys who post it on the Internet for me.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Totally didn't do the last mini-challenge.  The sprint thing didn't fit into anything I was doing, and when I need to get my cardio intensity up, I just ride to work faster.  Having a migraine Thurs/Fri and then getting a cold didn't help, but I am regaining the ability to breath through my nose, so all's well.

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

Alriiiiight!! I did a mini-race with my housemate at the end of our 3-mile run on Friday and my write-up is all done!

• Like 1

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Zombies, Run!

Nerd Fitness Mitten Meetups

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines