DDP Yoga

Anyone here do DDP Yoga?  I have the DVDs and I love it.  I haven't been able to do it in a while because my space was blocked off by a couch, but I'm excited to get back into it and I wondered if anyone here was doing it.

• Like 1

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

I have it but haven't started it yet. I watched one video and really liked what they were doing I just need to buckle down and do it.

• Like 1
Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

Hey, I'm doing DDP Yoga as part of my current challenge. :pirate:  I got acquainted with the Diamond Dozen before the challenge started and have done Energy 3 times this week. Going to give Fat Burner a try tomorrow. How long had you been doing it before your space got blocked?

• Like 1

Pip-Boy read-out: Level 3 Sentinel:  S(STR)- 3 | P(CON)- 6 | E(STA)- 7 | C(CHA)- 6.5 | I(WIS)- 8 | A(DEX)- 4.5 | L(LUC)

Scratched on the case are the words- "You don't need a reason to help people".

I did it for a couple of months.  Take it easy with fat burner the first couple of times.  The first week I did it, I almost threw up.  I eventually got to disk two and the lower body exercises are killer.

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

I have decided to replace my normal yoga routine Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with DDP Energy! I am going to try this for at least a week and see how it goes.

• Like 1
Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

So to start I just ran through "Diamond Dozen" which of course is really 13 because he's not good at math. I get a kick out of how he has pro-wrestlified yoga and I chuckled my way through the whole thing. Also its not easy, I am feeling it.

Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

Nice one Deslok. It is definitely harder than it looks! I started up Energy for the first time thinking there would be no chance I'd have to modify it to make it easier. It humbled me  :pirate:

• Like 1

Pip-Boy read-out: Level 3 Sentinel:  S(STR)- 3 | P(CON)- 6 | E(STA)- 7 | C(CHA)- 6.5 | I(WIS)- 8 | A(DEX)- 4.5 | L(LUC)

Scratched on the case are the words- "You don't need a reason to help people".

Heh, yeah.  It's tough, but fun.  He keeps it amusing.  I like it better than any other workout program I've done.  Mainly because it made my knees and back stop hurting, but also because the workouts are enjoyable.

As an aside, I would love to see him and Tony Horton do an exercise video together. Could be entertaining.

• Like 1

My Current Challenge

Anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes on the ones I've done so far.  I don't think they get much longer than that.  I've moved to the intermediate level exercises and they are very difficult.

My Current Challenge

I'm doing ddp with the beginner body weight workout. My flexibility and balance are better. My knees hurt less. Not sure if I'm seeing strength gains. I have more energy for sure.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My Current Challenge

I've been doing DDPYOGA for close to a year (351 days to be exact) now and it has been pretty much my only form of exercise during that time. I have recently started running 5 miles every second day and started working on my handstand and also have begun doing dumbbell exercises at home, but I wouldn't be able to do any of those if it weren't for the DDPYOGA to begin with. I absolutely recommend the purchase no matter your age, fitness level, weight, gender - it really is a great fit for any Rebel.

Now to your questions, the workouts range from 15-20 minutes for the shortest workouts (Red Hot Core, Energy), 35-40 minutes for other workouts (Mixed Tape, Strength Builder) to 50-70 minutes for the more difficult ones (Diamond Cutter, Double Black Diamond). You can also (and are encouraged to) combine workouts, so what I've been doing in the beginning is Chain Fat Burner (~25min) and Red Hot Core (~15min) together and now I do the same with Diamond Cutter (50min) and Red Hot Core, making for an excellent ~1h workout.

As for changes, it's very dependant on the work you put in, but provided you do the workouts 4-5 days a week and stick with it, progress is inevitable. I've increased my flexibility immensely, went from 185lbs to 136lbs within 10 months while more than halving my bodyfat (30%->14%) and my endurance seems to have improved as well, given I couldn't even run half a mile when I started and was able to run 5 miles cold without any practice and without taking a break 3 weeks ago. That is just the physical side, mentally I feel it helped me a lot, too, but that is more difficult to measure, especially since some things certainly are to be attributed to the weight loss and change in appearance, but I feel calmer and stronger, more confident and overall just..happier.

Regarding the HRM, I bought the cheapest one I could find on amazon (like $30) from Sigma since I didn't have any big expecations or requirements, I just needed to know my HR and that's it. From what I have heard, people are satisfied with the HRM that can be purchased together with the program, but if you think you can save some money buy buying one seperately then go for it. The important part here is to make sure that it's one wit a cheststrap as most if not all of the wristwatch only ones tend to be very unreliable/inaccurate.

A quick word about the program: I really enjoyed the ease with which you can get into it, it's very accessible, you are offerend (and encouraged to use) modifications whenever necessary. The headline always is "make it your own" and to "adapt and modify" and due to the way it is designed (dynamic resistance, lots of modifications), you can make every workout as easy or as difficult as you want or need to. Even almost a year in I can make Energy so difficult that I'm sweating bullets within 10 minutes, but I can also breeze through Diamond Cutter if I feel like it. Oh, and from what I've heard, both Steve Austin and Jim Ross advertise for it on their podcasts with special offers on the Max Pack so you might wanna take advantage of that to save some (I don't know how much it is).

• Like 1

How about a glass of purgatory with a splash of heaven?

Well its currently sitting at 50% off ($89) for the Max pack and I can add a discount code for being a veteran taking another 20% making the total price for the best package $71.  I could also add the heart rate monitor which is normally $69.95 for $49 with the combo.  Knocked down to $36 with the extra 20% off.   So $107 total for the hrm and the full material.  

• Like 1

Then I'd say take the HRM with it. I've bought this one, but it was a lot cheaper then and where I bought it (amazon.de, being from Germany and all) and the HRM from the site is probably better than it, too.

It's certainly worth it for that low of a price. I paid $100 just for the Max Pack and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Disil, that's the best review I've seen so far.  Makes me want to work harder at it.  I'm doing the BBWW right now.  I'd love to be able to do handstands, but my upper body strength is abysmal. 

My Current Challenge

I am.  I haven't been over there in a while.  The community here is much better organized.

My Current Challenge

Yeah, that's definitely one of the reasons why I am starting to get more active here instead. It's just more people and in a more sorted manner. I still enjoy the blog section though, it's a lot of fun to follow people's journey over the months.

• Like 1

I'm gonna crash this party, if you don't mind.  :)  Recently purchased the DVDs and have done Diamond Dozen and Energy a few times.  I tried Red Hot Core once and felt the burn for DAYS afterwards and have been afraid to touch the DVDs since.  :)  But it's time to get my butt in gear.  Challenging myself to complete the beginner's program, starting this week.