Hello from britain!

Hi!

I'm new here so I thought I'd say hello! This seems like a great forum and I can't wait to start getting involved!

A bit about me...

I'm Chris, I'm 27, from the UK (This is starting to look like a dating ad!) I serve in the Royal Air Force so I'm quite active, but not as much as I'd like to be. I have a little girl called Evelyn, she's 2 and my life pretty much revolves around her now!

What I do...

I play ice hockey, just at Rec level, nothing serious, I train once a week and play a game most weekends. I regularly ride my bike the 15 miles to work and back, usually twice a week. I try and get to the gym as much as possible when I'm at work, but this is where the problems start, I really don't know what I should be doing in the gym! There are so many different programs out there for different things and promising results in the shortest period of time. My diet is reasonable, it's not fantastic, but it's not bad either. At the end of this week I'm going to start a paleo diet for a month and see how I get on. Hopefully this will help.

The gym at the moment...

My training usually revolves around deadlift and squats. Mostly because I want to build core strength and power for hockey and my work as a whole. I do a bit of bench press and some incline dumbbell press. And I usually finish off with some interval training on the treadder doing 1 minute at 8km/h, and a minute of 16/17km/h for 15 minutes.

My goals...

Like I say, I want to build usable power and strength that will benefit me in hockey and my life in general. I'd like to get more toned and better fitness level.

In summary...

I need help! I don't know what I should be doing to reach my goals!

Thanks for reading, I can't wait to get started!

I'll get some photos uploaded before I start my new diet and training program that I will hopefully get some help with from you guys! I'll then upload phots at intervals so that I can see how I'm doing.

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 1

Quitters Never Win, Winners Never Quit

Welcome to the rebellion, Chris!

I am not a fitness expert (quite the opposite, in fact) but there are lots of people here that have lots of knowledge to share. I am sure you will find plenty of threads here to clear your doubts and if not, try to leave a message at the "help me build a workout plan" forum. People here is very supportive and will help you (almost immediately!).

Have a nice day!!!

Hey! Hello from a fellow Brit, there's a fair few of us on here actually. Have you thrown your tuppence into the "Come on Brits, make yourselves known" thread yet?

Where are you stationed? I'm an instructor in the ATC, north of Scotland so our parent station is Lossiemouth.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously