No Disintergrations...

...Unless it's fat we're talking about. I'm currently crawling out of the Sarlaac Pit of obesiety. I don't want to look like  my former employer, so it looks like I'm joining The Rebellion.

Lol on a more serious note... I'm about 5'10, 230lbs and want to do something about that. I just joined a gym that has a full array of free weights, cardio equipment, and yoga classes. I'm a soda, beer, and gaming addict and my desk job is sapping the life out of me. This is all a huge bummer because I used to be in great shape in college.

Although it looks like you guys are already a week into it, I'll be joining the current challenge. I'm an obsessive compulsive planner, so it'll give me something to plot out during this droll, rainy day in LA.

- Broba

• Like 1

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Welcome, Mr. Fett! A couple things you'll want to consider for that goal of yours: get rid of soda and cut back on beer. Trust me, it'll start off difficult, but it gets a lot easier.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Welcome, Mr. Fett! A couple things you'll want to consider for that goal of yours: get rid of soda and cut back on beer. Trust me, it'll start off difficult, but it gets a lot easier.

Thanks, Why Not?! Soda is definitely going to be a part of the challenge. I throw back a lot more of it than beer (I'm talking over a six pack per day and a large Slurpee on the way home from work).  I also have a glass or two of white wine with my girl on a somewhat nightly basis. I need to cut back on the booze, but I think that focusing on one beverage challenge at a time will keep me sane for this first go around.  My project for today is going to be to develop a taper method for the challenge. Thanks again for the input!

• Like 1

I was a soda addict, like 2 liters a day...now I've had a bottle in my house half full for a week (I had a particularly rough night at work last week and wanted an adult beverage or 2). As for alcohol, I was drinking nightly because of my anxiety, but now that I joined a gym I don't need any help sleeping! 

My point being, cutting out those things or at least limiting them, is totally doable! 

And in this existence, I'll stay persistent

And I'll make a difference, and I will have lived it- MFTP

Battle Log

I used to order myself a large pizza and a 2 liter to wash it down with.  I used to bring a 2 liter to work with me in lieu of coffee.  I just set my goals for this challenge and weaning myself off soda is #1.  I'll be interested to see how exercise affects how much I drink.  I drink socially, but during the week, I'll throw back a few beers to lull me to sleep.  Thanks for the input!

Welcome to the rebellion.  I agree with Why Not cut back on the soda as much as you can and if possible replace it with lots of water.

Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!