Greetings, and allons~y!

Hello Nerdfitness!!!

I've been following the NF blog for almost a year and recently just joined the forums in the hopes of meeting similar minded people and stay motivated towards my goals. I'm a pint sized (5'1"... haha) 23 year old female from New York and currently weigh ~110 lbs. I'm looking to build endurance and strength (to survive the impending zombie apocalypse of course). 

This site pretty much changed my life and taught me most of what I know about health and fitness. I worked out quite a bit last summer and lost >10 lbs and made some significant gains in overall strength (no more double trips to grocery stores! YEAH!). Then I kind of fell of the wagon when my semester started again, so I was in hibernation mode for about 6 months. I just recently started working out again and eating healthy (I try to eat paleo about 70-80% of the time).

My current main quest is: to stay on track and drop down to about 20% body fat while maintaining my current weight. I do mostly body weight circuit training with some cardio and strength training thrown in the mix.

Side quest: Be able to do one full bona-fide pull up.

Anyway it's nice to meet you all! :)

• Like 2

Paleo Enthusiast, Lifter, Gamer, Math Geek.

I think we all, in the corner of our minds, are trying to get in better shape just in case there really is a zombie Apocalypse.

Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

Now if anyone wants to throw in a Firefly reference.... :D

Whenever I am running from zombies I like to sing "The hero of Canton (the ballad of Jayne)" while I try to remember where I put my tardis.

• Like 2
Deslok

Level 2 Human Adventurer

Stats: STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 3 CON - 3 WIS - 3 CHA - 2

Begin Date: 1/6/2014 - Target Date: 1/5/2015

Begin Weight: 302.5 lbs - Current Weight: 288.0 lbs - Target Weight: 200 lbs

Height: 5'8" - Age: 43

Daily Battle Log No longer updated

6  Week Challenges

4th challenge

I Floop the Pig!

Whenever I am running from zombies I like to sing "The hero of Canton (the ballad of Jayne)" while I try to remember where I put my tardis.

My life is now complete. :D

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Read the title, had to read the thread.
Su'cuy gar, Mayafey and Allons~y to you too. I am the King of Lame and I welcome you to the Rebellion!
As a fellow Whovian/Browncoat/Zombie Apocolypse fan I appreciate those that have like minded tastes.

Your main goal is a good goal and is somewhat similar to my own. I do mainly body weight workouts also.
Endurance is something you need when trying to escape from GLaDOS' death traps. Just make sure you show your companion cube some love.

You make simple, yet difficult goals. I like that, it's a smart move. Once you make it over that obstacle you'll feel like a badass and be pumped for the next.
And you're a fellow ranger-in-training! You just keep stacking combo points, don't you?

Well I'll save everyone further head ache and end this one.
I look forward to hearing your progress.
Welcome again to the Rebellion. Stay rebellious, Nerds!

• Like 1

Cin vhetin. Ca'nara at am, vod!

0.5%
0.5%

Race: Gallifreyan.

Class: Vigilante (Ranger/ Assassin/ Monk)

Current Class: Assassin

Level: 3 Level Per Class: 2/ 1/ 0
STR: 4 DEX: 4
STA: 6 CON: 6
WIS: 4 CHA: 5

So.. I have finally discovered the multi-quote function on this forum. Haha. Also I'm going to add everyone here to my friendslist. Because you are all awesome.

Haha! Zombies AND DrWho??? That's gotta be the worlds greatest combination right there! :D

Now if anyone wants to throw in a Firefly reference.... :D

Yay another Whovian! Hello there! :)

Read the title, had to read the thread.
Su'cuy gar, Mayafey and Allons~y to you too. I am the King of Lame and I welcome you to the Rebellion!
As a fellow Whovian/Browncoat/Zombie Apocolypse fan I appreciate those that have like minded tastes.

Your main goal is a good goal and is somewhat similar to my own. I do mainly body weight workouts also.
Endurance is something you need when trying to escape from GLaDOS' death traps. Just make sure you show your companion cube some love.

You make simple, yet difficult goals. I like that, it's a smart move. Once you make it over that obstacle you'll feel like a badass and be pumped for the next.
And you're a fellow ranger-in-training! You just keep stacking combo points, don't you?

Well I'll save everyone further head ache and end this one.
I look forward to hearing your progress.
Welcome again to the Rebellion. Stay rebellious, Nerds!

Hello there! Thanks so much for the warm welcome, it's always great to see similar minded people around!

I think having just one overarching goal keeps me on track and yeah, it's both easy and difficult at the same time. Also, nice job with the portal reference. :)

Yes fellow ranger indeed! I just missed out on the current 6-week challenge, so I might start on the next one haha. I'm still reading up on it to figure out how it works!

Thank you, Madam. I strive to have many references to throw out at a moments notice.

I know what you mean. When I joined they had already started the challenge, just like with you. It look me a couple weeks to figure out the way I wanted to write it and all the quests I would have. But if you wanted to you could make a mini challenge for yourself. One that runs the runs of the time of this challenge and then hop on with the next. Whether or not you get experience points from mini-challenges I'm unsure but it might help a bit in getting the system down.

Do you have any type of body weight exercises in mind for you upcoming challenge?

0.5%
0.5%

Thank you, Madam. I strive to have many references to throw out at a moments notice.

I know what you mean. When I joined they had already started the challenge, just like with you. It look me a couple weeks to figure out the way I wanted to write it and all the quests I would have. But if you wanted to you could make a mini challenge for yourself. One that runs the runs of the time of this challenge and then hop on with the next. Whether or not you get experience points from mini-challenges I'm unsure but it might help a bit in getting the system down.

Do you have any type of body weight exercises in mind for you upcoming challenge?

I could do a more casual/unofficial challenge for sure, I don't care too much about the exp points this time around. But the next challenge, definitely haha.

Actually I keep it really basic and do variations. Like bodyweight squats, push-ups/walking pushups/decline pushups , leg raises, planks/side planks, etc. How about you?

• Like 1

I'm current;y doing a program called TacFit Commando. It is said to work on functional strength, endurance, and flexibility while improving your impact absoption and special recognition. It's interesting and tough. While some of the exercises are a bit hawkward(flap flap flap) I definitely see the benefits of them. The workout is about thirty minutes too so I can knock it out right after work or on lunch so that's a plus. I;ve recorded every session thus far and I'm on day eleven now. There are three levels of difficulties in the program; Recuit, Grunt, and Commando. Paired with the difficulty level there are also three variations of each; 1A, 2B, and 3C. Each lasts twenty-eight days and you can choose the split you want to do. I currently am doing the four-day split so I'm never dreading a specific day anymore, plus it gives me plenty of active down days to recover.

I am doing Recuit 1A and am currently on day eleven of twenty-eight. I think I'm going to do Recruit 1A once more before moving to 2B.

Have you thought of trying out handstands?

0.5%
0.5%

That sounds so organized! At least you have a lot of accountability haha. I try to do different but similar routines every week since I get bored easily. I should try handstands. The last time I did any was in high school so it's been a while.

It is but I too get bored with workouts pretty easily so this has been a bit tough fo rme to just stick to it. I miss doing some ring work and escrima stick drills. Martial arts was something I used to do before I shipped to Basic. Though I am looking to get back into it.
But anyway, I definitely recommend doing handstands. They're fun and they give you a good way to strengthen the stablizing muscles in your arms, shoulders, and back. Though prepare to fall a lot in the beginning, I know I did. 

What are some things of you final goals that you want to work towards?

0.5%
0.5%

Welcome to the Rebellion! I am also a fan of Doctor Who. I wish you all the best for that first pull-up (the first one is the hardest, it took me two months). That was one of my first goals on joining nerd fitness, actually. 

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

"I see the girl running, with no shoes on her feet, jumping shade to shadow, in this deafening heat." - Passenger 

I wish you all the best for that first pull-up (the first one is the hardest, it took me two months).

Balls! 2 years in, still can't do one :(

I'm special though... Got a note from my mum to prove it :P

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Balls! 2 years in, still can't do one :(

It probably has something to do with your body shape/type. I have broad shoulders/back, narrow hips and short (hence light) legs. I also seem to build muscle very easily. If you are pear-shaped and a fair proportion of your weight is in your legs or hips you will definitely struggle more with pull-ups! 

Level 4 Halfling Ranger

"I see the girl running, with no shoes on her feet, jumping shade to shadow, in this deafening heat." - Passenger 

Oh yes.... I have long legs & mahoosive thighs. Great for squats and deadlifts, sucky for pull-ups. I'm getting close though... In my jumping pull-up, I definitely hold myself at the top, then very slowly lower down to full extension. Just need to get some upwards movement in there now...

The day I do my first pull-up, I swear I won't even need to post a woot, half the world will be deafened by my squeals of joy. ;)

Then it's on to my next goal - the handstand! :D

Did you try to do one yet Mayafey?

It is but I too get bored with workouts pretty easily so this has been a bit tough fo rme to just stick to it. I miss doing some ring work and escrima stick drills. Martial arts was something I used to do before I shipped to Basic. Though I am looking to get back into it.

But anyway, I definitely recommend doing handstands. They're fun and they give you a good way to strengthen the stablizing muscles in your arms, shoulders, and back. Though prepare to fall a lot in the beginning, I know I did. 

What are some things of you final goals that you want to work towards?

Would it be okay to alternate between your training and martial arts/other routines? Though I'm not sure if that would work. I do insanity sometimes, but it's not a strict workout regime I stick to. I'm mostly scared of falling from said handstands haha. I need to get a better exercise mat with more cushion support.

I actually have no idea what my final goals are to be honest. I feel like if I set some, I'd hit a plateau once I reach it. But I do want to lift heavy someday and DL my bodyweight at the very least haha. How about you?

Welcome to the Rebellion! I am also a fan of Doctor Who. I wish you all the best for that first pull-up (the first one is the hardest, it took me two months). That was one of my first goals on joining nerd fitness, actually. 

Hi there fellow Whovian! I shall not disappoint you guys with my pull-up progress haha. How do you ease into it? Do you do assisted pullups or..?

Oh yes.... I have long legs & mahoosive thighs. Great for squats and deadlifts, sucky for pull-ups. I'm getting close though... In my jumping pull-up, I definitely hold myself at the top, then very slowly lower down to full extension. Just need to get some upwards movement in there now...

The day I do my first pull-up, I swear I won't even need to post a woot, half the world will be deafened by my squeals of joy. ;)

Then it's on to my next goal - the handstand! :D

Did you try to do one yet Mayafey?

I did a wall handstand actually! Not sure if that counts haha. I'm slowly learning to stop relying on the wall for support but I think I'm just scared of falling. :(

How about you?

I clicked on this thread because of the title and I was NOT disappointed!

DON'T EVEN BLINK!

Glad to have not disappointed you haha :)

I blinked once and I got sent back to some odd time period without internet. Never again. 

But I have a timey wimey device that goes ding when there's stuff, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

• Like 1

Glad to have not disappointed you haha :)

I blinked once and I got sent back to some odd time period without internet. Never again. 

But I have a timey wimey device that goes thing when there's stuff, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

I'm guessing this happened during your time at the Black Mesa Research Facility

Go Home Safe!

As a random note, In the zombie apocalypse I will make all my friends wear hand knit Jayne hats to tell them from the zombies quickly and at distance.

~Crazy (future textile maven of the post apocalyptic world)

Hahaha! That's a good idea. But what if the zombies end up with one of those hats? Actually, zombies don't seem very smart so I don't think that will be a problem.