Mini Quest 2- The latest plot

Hiraedd

Well done, drinking plenty of water to guarantee you didn't consume The Dietician's diabolical additive!  The Dietician has distanced himself from the drink industry, cursing us angrily.    We have frustrated him into upping his game, and now he’s set his sights on a new target.  His new slogan is “Burn the candle at both ends; it burns the most caloriesâ€.  People are falling for it left and right!  But not us rebels; we see right through the plot.  Let’s defeat his misinformation with some quality rest!  

This involves three things:

1) Take appropriate rest days.  If you are supposed to take a day off between workouts, DO IT.  Don’t talk yourself into doing extra just because you feel capable right now.  

2) Go to bed at a reasonable hour.  You determine what “reasonable†means for you and your lifestyle, but consider making sure it allows sufficient rest time between when you go to bed and when you wake up.  8 hours is a lovely, popular number, but if you know an amount that works better for you, set your alarm accordingly (I’m a 10 hour sleep kind of girl, personally).

3) No hitting the snooze button.  We need to build healthy sleep habits, and lounging in bed trying to steal extra minutes takes away from the quality of your rest, even though it feels rewarding at the moment.

Do one of these things four times (it’s okay to mix and match) this week and earn a shiny +1 CON.  (eg: take one rest day, go to bed at a reasonable time 2 days, and not hit the snooze button one day)

• Like 4

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

I'm totally up for this! One of my challenge goals is to sleep before midnight so this fits right in. I had a good first week with all my goals BUT the sleeping goal so this is just in time! Extra motivation yayy!

*Level 3 Hobbit Adventurer*

Moomin 3 - Heart of an Adventurer

2 - Maintenance therapy 1- Keep charging ahead

"Life is akin to sailing against the current - forge ahead or be washed downstream" -- Ancient Chinese proverb

I'm going to have to go with 4 days of no snooze button....I already go to bed at a reasonable time (between 9 and 10 pm each night) but I love my snooze button. I will have to start tomorrow since I hit the snooze button this morning...hehe...Good luck everyone! :)

• Like 1

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

I will definitely be joining this challenge! :) 

I am going to do a mix of these, go to bed at a decent time and no hitting the snooze button. I don't generally hit the snooze button but I just kind of lay in bed for 10-20 minutes sometimes and that cuts my morning time down a lot. 

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Let's see... I'd have to actually exercise to take a rest day... getting to bed earlier is part of my main quest... but I do love the snooze bar (actually, not so much 'snooze bar' as lying in bed listening to the radio after it goes off).

Ok, no snooze bar for 4 days!

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

I'm down, I'm usually pretty good about the time I get to sleep (7 hours seems to be my magic number), but the snooze button is what gets me, especially on days I need to wake up early. I think that might be my focused goal.

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

I set two alarms in the morning so I have a 20 minute snooze. Going to use this challenge to start kicking that habit!

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

I'll probably take up the getting up, since I am getting up earlier this week and the Sunday rest day!

I'm in!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Well since part of my Challenge is to actually get out of bed on time I'm aiming for the no Snoozing, I already got up with my alarm the past 2 days so only 2 to go!

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph
|STR 6|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 5|WIS 2|CHA 2|

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea"-Isak Dinesen
Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4

I need to get to bed at a decent hour. I have book club on Friday and I've slack all month and need to fit in reading 2 books by then. Last night I stayed up until Midnight to get 45% done with 1 book and I can't do that every night. In bed by 10pm T-Th is my plan!

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Sleep is a big problem for me. I'll go to bed in reasonable hours - which is probably 1am.

I come home around mid night after tennis and I need to recover. I sleep like 7-ish hours and that's enough for me.

So far this week, I went to bed "reasonable hours".

I'll see how it goes tonight without tennis.

• Like 1

Racquet wielding rock gnome: Ranger - L6 - STR: 13, DEX: 8, STA: 13.5, CON: 12, WIS: 14, CHA: 11

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition…
Stay hungry. Stay foolish.†– Steve Jobs, Stanford University, 2005

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. -- Wayne Gretzky

6Wks Challenges: #9, #8, #7, #6, #5#4#3, #2.5#2, #1

Match records MyFitnesspal Fitbit Runtastic Strava

Heck Yeah!  This is one of my goals, getting started now.  45 winks is the goal, at a rate of 6 Winks per hour.  

Night all, and don't forget the day of rest.  

• Like 1

NerdFitness Avatar

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - T. Roosevelt

There is world that should be, and the world that is. We live in one. And must create the other, if it is ever to be. - J. Butcher

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines