CHICAGO MEETUP 3/13/14

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK EVENT

Hey all!

I'm coming to Chicago on the 13th of next week.  My friends in Gaelic Storm (the most entertaining, talented group ever and the best show you'll see in the Month of March) are headlining the House of Blues, so I figure why not do a NF meetup, and then roll on over to the show right after!

Thanks to the suggestion of an NF Rebel (Thanks Rene!), I'm leaning towards Moe's Cantina. I figure we can have some healthy mexican food, drink a few Paleo Margaritas, and then dance our asses off to Gaelic Storm.  Don't worry if you don't know a single thing about them - I guarantee you'll leave the show saying "that was the most entertaining show I have ever seen."

I'm going to call up Moe's right now and make sure they're available, but DEFINITELY block off your Calendars for that Thursday afternoon/evening.  I know it's a school/work night, but sometimes you just gotta say "Screw it. Let's do it."

I'll get an official facebook event going, but wanted to share with you guys A.S.A.P.

-Steve

• Like 1

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Oh my word, I'm so bummed :( I really want to meet you, Steve :( I will be on choir tour that week and will be in Chicago on Wednesday afternoon and from FRIDAY night to Sunday. *sighs* SO CLOSE! I hope you all have a blast and I would love to meet up with any of you that would be in Chicago that weekend! 

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Well...I just read that a NF shirt comes with the price of admission to the show, and now I'm even more upset that I can't go. :(

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

I'll come for Moe's but I'll have to miss the music man. Which of the two locations is the one on the site are we meeting at?

Amazingly I have no Facebook so I can't confirm on the event page.

Also I'm bringing a +1.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Said this over on the Facebook Event page, but figured I should join the boards and say the same here...

Great meeting everyone at Moe's on Thursday, and looking forward to getting started in the community over here!  Especially if it will help me reduce the damage done over St. Patty's Day weekend...out-of-town for work Tues-Sat, so hoping I can commit to some hotel workouts (packing my workout bands, in case the fitness facilities fall short).

- Curt

PS: Had another account on here a couple years back tied to my old school email address (now defunct) and my log-in creds have been lost in the tubes of the internet, so had to start anew