Pathfinder's Battle Log

Oh, ow. Muscle pain/spasm, or something worse? (Like a spasm isn't bad enough :tongue:)

It was so bad I couldn't stand up straight on Friday. My dad says it sounds like the time he tore a muscle fiber. So I did 24 hours of bed rest, then took the next two days off.

But I'm back in the game now! Yesterday I did Zombies, Run! 5k week 1 session 2, and today I helped my dad dig a ditch. My back muscle is complaining a little, but it's not injured-hurting, and it needs to toughen up, anyways.

I also bought an over-the-door pull up bar yesterday! :D My roomie had one but she took it with her when she left. They're the BEST.

"The woods are the only place I can see a clear path."

Pathfinder, Nord (Adventurer)

Measurements: 163 lbs (N 13.625, C 39, W 37.5, H 40, RB 12.75, LB 12.75, RT 20.5, LT 21, RC 13.5, LC 13.25)

BMR: 1562.5 Kcal

Challenge Level/Stats: Level 0 (STR-0) (DEX-0) (STA-0) (CON-0) (WIS-0) (CHA-0)

Rebel Levels: Level 3 (EQ 1)

Academy Levels: Adventurer/Level 1 (Nutrition - 1) (Caffeine - 1) (Sugar - 1)

Challenges: #1

I'm so glad your 5K training! Don't fret about dropping something here and there. You are mindful of your goals, and with continued efforts, will reach them.  :)

• Like 1

Level 0 | Amazon | Class = ???

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

LJ Diet Blog

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." - Helen Keller

I'm so glad your 5K training! Don't fret about dropping something here and there. You are mindful of your goals, and with continued efforts, will reach them.   :)

Thanks! :D

Measurements: 163 lbs (N 13.625, C 39, W 37.5, H 40, RB 12.75, LB 12.75, RT 20.5, LT 21, RC 13.5, LC 13.25)

So, day before yesterday I contracted cold #2. I looked it up - if your symptoms are all above the neck, you're clear to work out as long as you don't push it too hard or do a team sport or anything. So I went for a run, and finished week 1 of Zombies. :)

Yesterday, my cold started getting better and I screwed up my bum leg. Murphy loves me.

murphys_law.jpg

So I downloaded The Walk (by the same guys and gals as Zombies, Run!) and did the first episode. MAN, THE PAIN. PAIIINNN. But I did it. Today the leg isn't sooo bad but it's not up to running yet, and I'm hoarse. Maybe I'll do The Walk, Episode 2 or some really easy strength exercises.

• Like 2

Hi guys!

I'm still down and out. I went to the doc's day before yesterday, and I'm on antibiotics, painkillers, and muscle relaxants. Thankfully not all for the same thing.

It turns out the pain in my hip might be bursitis... which would explain why I can feel the rain coming in my leg. I hope it's that, because bursitis means cortisone shots instead of back surgery. It could also be a pinched nerve, which would mean surgery, eventually.

Antibiotics are for bronchitis. I've "itis"-ed my everything, apparently.

I'm looking forward to getting back on the horse as soon as this all clears. Metaphorically. <3

• Like 1

Shoot!!  At least, it sounds all treatable without surgery!!! 

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Aww, poor baby :(

But, at least all the pharmaceuticals should get you back on your feet. And, I never thought I'd say anything like this, but I hope you have bursitis! :D

Get well.

The horse is getting lonely ;)

(Metaphorically speaking)

Me too! I know quite a few people that have had back surgery, and half of them get more problems down the road or don't get their problems fixed.

... I miss the horse too... I guess the habits are starting to stick because I really miss running.

I got over the bronchitis, though! One down, one to go...

Shit! You're not having much luck right now are you? Get better soon! :love_heart:

Thanks luv! I'm sure I'll be back on my feet sooner than later. As soon as I move I'm thinking about getting a doctor to do some sort of definitive test on my hip so I'll know for sure what I have. Then it'll only be a matter of treatment. :)

Shoot!!  At least, it sounds all treatable without surgery!!! 

From your mouth to god's ears!

• Like 1

DO NOT get back surgery! It almost never (95%) fixes anything. :(

Ice the hip 3-4 times a day for 15-20 minutes, take ibuprofen, and baby it for a while. See if that improves things.

They put me on some kind of prescription Aleve, and that has an anti-inflammatory. The hip's been feeling a bit better recently, but that could be the drugs talking. ;)

• Like 2

Still hoping that the drugs do it and we have you back here at full strength!!

(Are you catching up on Arrow episodes??)

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

Best wishes with your hip pain reduction/management! <<< i'm not sure that this is an exclamation-y statement, but I figured some extra cheer could be in order

• Like 1

LJ Diet Blog

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." - Helen Keller

Hey guys! I was traveling - visited Colorado and saw some family. It was great fun, and we got to see the Rocky Mountains! Those are HUGE. Like, GIANT.

I'll tell you what's fantastically fun - riding economy with a bum hip, and having your painkillers cut out on you. So the ride back was a little similar to the third level of hell... but I'm back now and focusing on recovery and moving.

It's 800mg ibuprofen. Good stuff. Try also a combination of ibuprofen and acetaminophen, 400-500mg each. We use that in the field in lieu of narcotic pain killers.

Here's hoping you get back on your feet! :)

Ok! The Ibuprofen's been working well as long as I don't do anything extreme (which evidentially includes flying). I'm hoping that when I go back on Paleo that will help, too, because Paleo's supposed to be relatively anti-inflammatory.

This hip thing is starting to look like it's going to be a long haul. I'm waiting to move to see the doctor again and push to get my hip imaged so we can know for sure what's going on.

Still hoping that the drugs do it and we have you back here at full strength!!

(Are you catching up on Arrow episodes??)

Thanks! I'm sure I'll get it worked out eventually.

I was catching up on Arrow... until I absolutely couldn't find one of the episodes anywhere. So I'm stuck about halfway through the most recent season. I'm waiting for Netflix, but they seem to think they have better things to do with their time. :( I ASSURE YOU, NETFLIX, THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN THIS!

Just thought I'd leave this here to cheer you up.....

8ytapy2y.jpg

Made ME laugh.... :D

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thank you for cheering me up. :D

Best wishes with your hip pain reduction/management! <<< i'm not sure that this is an exclamation-y statement, but I figured some extra cheer could be in order

Definitely exclamation-y! Hip pain reduction is my favorite thing right now. Thank you for the extra cheer! :)

Glad you're back :)

Glad to be back. :)

Which episode are you missing??

Episode 12, "Tremors." I might end up buying it on Amazon to catch up after I finish moving.

• Like 1

Pathfinder - Have you seen this awesome gifset of Stephen Amell being awesome? Like, whoa. He's pretty athletic. << understatement

http://felicitys-smoaks.tumblr.com/post/89886911901/stephen-amell-superhero-workout

• Like 1

LJ Diet Blog

Pathfinder - Have you seen this awesome gifset of Stephen Amell being awesome? Like, whoa. He's pretty athletic. << understatement

http://felicitys-smoaks.tumblr.com/post/89886911901/stephen-amell-superhero-workout

I saw the video! He's amazing. <3

Watching him always inspires me to go find something to climb. :)

• Like 2