ARock10 An Immense Invitation Epic Quest

2 years ago today I signed up for NF Rebellion. I've lurked a lot, participated in several challenges, and opened up more in my daily life and on the boards.  Big step for today is posting my Epic Quest list.  This is my life and tickets are non-refundable.  I'm inviting myself to enjoy it by designing what I want.

Complete a century bicycle ride

Complete a 10k running race

Take a wilderness/emergency preparedness class

Teach a bike safety class

Visit the Grand Canyon

Visit Yosemite

Own a camp or a camper

Buy a new tent and hammock - done 4/15/2014

Attend an outdoor music festival - upcoming 6/11-6/14

Own a business

Get married 

Buy a 3 yr old Subaru Forester (currently have a 2004) - done 5/12/2015

Section hike the AT

• Like 1

Check out my still-fighting-it-battle-log 

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Bought a Kelty Grand Mesa 2 Backpacking 2 person tent on 4/15/2014, first used 4/20/2014 in Alabama

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan.  And guess what they have planned for you?  Not much." -- Jim Rohn

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

2 years ago today I signed up for NF Rebellion. I've lurked a lot, participated in several challenges, and opened up more in my daily life and on the boards.  Big step for today is posting my Epic Quest list.  This is my life and tickets are non-refundable.  I'm inviting myself to enjoy it by designing what I want.

Complete a century bicycle ride

Complete a 10k running race

Take a wilderness/emergency preparedness class

Teach a bike safety class

Visit the Grand Canyon

Visit Yosemite

Own a camp or a camper

Buy a new tent and hammock - done 4/15/2014

Attend an outdoor music festival

Own a business

Get married 

Buy a 3 yr old Subaru Forester (currently have a 2004)

Section hike the AT

Let me know when you get ready to see the Canyon. I know the area well and have lots of tips and local info. And, with enough notice, I might even be able to get away from work for a hike.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Thanks ShadowLion for your offer of tips and local info.  It would be great to hike with you.

Started section hiking the AT. First hike 8/30/14 Springer Mountain to forest service road past Hawks Mountain (9 miles)

Second hike tomorrow 9/13/14 Hightower to Gooch Gap

My group will complete the Georgia portion of the AT in several day hikes.  After that, we'll see.

Traded in my 2004 Subaru Forester for a 2015 limited one on 5/12/2015, it is charcoal gray with gray leather interior.  It is exactly what I wanted.

I am going to Bonnaroo in 3 weeks.  Bonnaroo is the crazy multi day music festival held in Manchester, TN and this will be my first time attending.

I have been very lazy about working out.