I like alliteration, don't judge me! Or do...either way I suppose.

Anyway, I decided a little more accountability would be great! The main thing I need to stay on top of is eating enough. I've realized that even when I don't miss any meals, the calories I intake aren't anywhere near what I need to maintain and gain weight. I've done pretty well this past month, but I've missed a couple meals, and want a place where people can give me feedback, maybe suggestions on ways to healthily (and cost effectively) add calories. 

Aside from food, I'm trying to stay on top of my workouts. Currently, I'm doing some pretty intensive workouts 3x a week. This typically consists of some solid parkour work followed by some free weight work 2x a week, and an intensive bodyweight workout 1x per week. Also, my job involves a good bit of walking and lifting things, sometimes rather heavy things.

My goals are gaining more control of my body, gaining muscle weight while maintaining body fat, and gaining some bulk.

Well here we go! Time to strap on the armor and win some battles! Or put on my stealth gear and complete some missions...depends on the goal...

Alright, now I'm confusing myself...

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: #1, 2

Battle Log

Haha! Sounds like a plan, Batman. :D

I'll stick about and cheer you on from the sidelines if you want? Can't promise to offer up any practical advice, but I'm pretty good at the old encouragement/ support thingy ;)

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Worked 17+ hours on Friday...that was a long day. But I managed to make sure I ate enough! Don't have a detailed explanation.

Saturday Mar 8:

Parkour class

Workout, circuit style-

-5 monkey step-ups on approx. 40" box

-5 hanging elbows to knees

-5 lunges ea. leg

AMAP for somewhere around 8 mins, maybe more...I just tried to work hard, didn't pay too much attention

after class I kept training, focusing mainly on vaults, wall runs and wall mounts.

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Battle Log

Sunday March 9, 2014

woke up before 6, went to help my wife with the early childhood room at church, so I carried around little 1yr olds for a while...that's a workout right?

Went to have lunch at her family's place. Then we went to the park and played groundies and some football. So got some decent activity and exercise in there.

Ate at home. Watched some Bones on Netflix. Should probably get something easy to digest down before bed though. Didn't get enough total to eat today, but I can still pull off my basic requirements.

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Battle Log

Hey! Tut tut on the calories *stern face*

Well... At least you had had good weekend, got some exercise and ate (I'm assuming) well. I got the opposite problem. Spent the weekend visiting my brother, eating junk and drinking beer :(

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Decided I should post a 'progress report' on my body since I'm keeping track of everything. Might as well share! As I said, trying to gain some weight and size.

I'll go ahead and post a screenshot of my spreadsheet table I use on my compy...I need to figure out a way to post these numbers in a way that looks nice. Tried a bit and it didn't work, so screenshot it is.

Measurements:

ScreenShot2014-03-10at195625_zps8c148fda

Absolutely no reason for that one block to be outlined. Just happened to be and didn't notice. It bothers me a bit...

And cause I like graphs...

ScreenShot2014-03-10at195641_zps8985da44

And body composition:

ScreenShot2014-03-10at200051_zpsf2e11f8d

and i still like graphs...

ScreenShot2014-03-10at200107_zpscf62db03

One thing I really liked is my lean weight is almost as much as my total weight was Feb 8...I think I'm doing well!

And if anyone wants to see pics of myself... Here is the first one...and they're all labeled in the same album. Currently missing the most recent, but I'll have it up soon. Probably before anyone even looks at the album, so probably no point in even saying that! 

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Battle Log

Gotta play some catch up...

March 10, 2014

Main focus to eat enough as it was a rest day. Don't remember what all I had, but there was a good breakfast, lunch and made sure to make dinner since my wife was gone...tough to remember without her here sometimes :P also had a few snacks in there. Challenge goal completed! I was at 1,880 calories before dinner, didn't get my info in on dinner...but it was definitely a few hundred. 

I didn't do any extra workout. Just walking and carrying boxes like a normal day...

March 11, 2014

Workout day! 

Work from 700-1600ish with all the walking and carrying boxes. Then off to parkour!

Parkour: I was by myself, so it wasn't as productive as I would like. I find more motivation out of helping other people, pushing limits and having a need to create courses. So I wandered aimlessly a bit, worked on vaults, wall runs and climbs, rail balances and precisions and handstands. 

Afterward, I did my lifts.

Squat: 3x12 @ 170lbs

Press: 3x12 @ 70lbs (could only finish half of last set, switched to 65 for last half)

Pull-ups: 12, 6/6neg, 5/7neg

Went home and finished the night off with a protein shake.

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Battle Log

Looking good buddy! ;)

3x12 @ 170lbs on your squat... That must be getting on for 1xbodyweight surely? Gawd, I hate working in pounds, always have to do the conversion.

I'm so jealous of your parkour abilities. I really hope I'll be able to do some of that stuff one day...

Keep rockin' it!

Thanks! 

And I'm not sure what you mean... 170 lbs is about 77kg, my last weigh in was about 60.7kg. The calculated 1rm I'm working with currently is 240 lbs or about 108.7kg.  Maybe that answered your question? I should be able to squat at least 1.79 times my bodyweight once?

A lot of the parkour stuff is actually a lot easier than it looks once you have someone show you proper technique, so maybe you could even do some of it sooner than you expect!

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Battle Log

This week's body progress (measured Mar 15):

Photo

Composition:

Weight: 133.2 lbs (-0.6)

Body Fat %: 5.532% (+0.236%)

Body Fat: 7.368 lbs (+0.283)

Lean Weight: 125.831 lbs (-0.883)

Kinda disappointing, but  I did miss a workout due to picking up an extra shift at work...definitely can use the extra money right now.

Measurements:

Neck: 14" (=)

Shoulders: 44.75" (+0.5)

Chest: 36.5" (-1.25)

L Bicep: 11" (=)

R Bicep: 11.25" (+0.25)

Waist: 28.25" (-0.25)

Hips: 34.5" (=)

L Thigh: 19.5" (=)

R Thigh: 19.75 (-0.25)

Not too bad I suppose. Definitely saw the impact of not lifting as much.

Well, there's my weekly body update. You can check out my Challenge thread for an update on that.

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Battle Log

Well a whole week without updates! This isn't going to help me if I don't post :P

It was a crazy week, picked up extra shifts at work, ended up with 50 some hours working this week...

But the good news...I did well with everything! I missed a usual workout, but managed to make it up (aside from some upper body stuff as I appear to have possibly injured something in my shoulder). I made sure to eat consistently. Possibly still not enough some days, but well enough to help my body along. I'll show you what I mean...

Body Progress:

Photo

Composition:

Weight: 134.0 lbs (+0.8) [~60.781 kg]

Body Fat %: 5.260% (-0.272%)

Body Fat: 7.048 lbs (-0.320) [~3.197 kg]

Lean Weight: 126.952 lbs (+1.120) [~57.584 kg]

If I can keep this up, I'll have more lean weight than I had total weight on Feb 8 when I started...awesome.

Measurements:

Shoulders: 44.75" (=)

Chest: 37.75" (+1.25)

L Bicep: 11" (=)

R Bicep: 11.25" (=)

Waist: 28.75" (+0.5)

Hips: 34.75" (+0.25)

R Thigh: 20" (+0.25)

Measurements look great! I'm having more fun with parkour than ever, and my body is feeling amazing! Aside from my shoulder...I'm hoping it's not an injury and just an irritation of sorts...only feels a bit stiff today, so we shall see what happens...

Anyway, I will post a challenge update on my challenge thread, and also post a short video of some of my parkour progress, so check it out if you're interested!

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Battle Log

If I can keep this up, I'll have more lean weight than I had total weight on Feb 8 when I started...awesome.

That is pretty amazing right there. *highfive*

The measurements are looking good too, you must be pretty stoked with those. It must be a real boost to see those numbers go up. That's where I fail miserably, I never have anything to use as a comparison. Going to have to do that for the next challenge.

I'm going to have to go find your challenge thread now to check out the vid...

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Calories eaten: ~2,830

Protein: ~128g

Did a decent job with food. And it felt good!

Workout: 

Squats: 3x12 @ 180lbs (~81.65kg)

OH Press: 60lbs (~27.22kg) 12, 10, 8

shoulder still bothering me. It didn't necessarily feel painful to lift with it, which I take as a good sign. It just couldn't really do what it used to.

Pull-ups: 1 set of 12, other sets were replaced by numerous wall climb ups.

Just saw a level 4 climb up...that is awesome. I want to be able to do that.

Wednesday, March 26, 214

Calories eaten: ~1,800

Protein: ~95g

Definitely needed to eat more...but the evening took a rough turn when my wife's neighbor (and the only real grandmother figure in her life) died unexpectedly. Dinner was kinda forgotten at that point, as I'm sure you would understand...

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Battle Log

There's not a lot of updating going on in here.... Is it time for me to start shouting YOU'LL WITHER AWAY INTO NOTHING!!!!!! yet?

Calories boy!

And workouts!

Get to it! ;)

Hahaha, yes! luckily I am not withering away!

Here is a weekly update on my body composition. Since family emergencies came up and I missed measurements last week, comparisons are after 2 weeks.

Composition:

Weight: 135.2 lbs (+1.2) [~61.326 kg]

Body Fat %: 6.134% (+0.874%)

Body Fat: 8.293 lbs (+1.245) [~3.762 kg]

Lean Weight: 126.907 lbs (-0.045) [~57.564 kg]

Well apparently I got some fat. Which is perfectly fine, I could use some. A little bummed at the loss of lean weight though. I don't feel like I lost lean weight, but apparently I have...

Measurements:

Shoulders: 44.25" (-0.5)

Chest: 37" (-0.75)

L Bicep: 11.25" (+0.25)

R Bicep: 11.25" (=)

Waist: 28.75" (=)

Hips: 34.5" (-0.25)

R Thigh: 20" (=)

So mostly the same. Can't be too disappointed with that. 

Mostly, I feel great about my body. I've been able to control it in ways I never have before, I'm picking up on parkour wonderfully! I'm officially a level 2 student now! 

Awesome achievement for me yesterday! I did a standing front flip! And it was the first day learning front flips! I was crazy excited. I also learned wall spins and succeeded in doing it on a flat wall. It was on a spring floor however, and I think that helped more than I realized. I tried to do it today on a sloped wall and just bailed. Mentally couldn't get over the fact there was no padding in case I messed up. Plus the extra spring from the floor was gone. So I need to get more comfortable then start training it on a hard floor so I can actually use it outside. Plus keep working my front flips so I can use those outside!

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Battle Log

Just made a week's worth of breakfast sandwiches for the freezer so I have an easy, hearty breakfast on my early mornings! Maybe not exciting, but I thought I would post it anyway.

In an hour, I'm heading off to my parkour gym to work on my flips (and other skills, I'm just excited about the flips) can't wait to get good at this stuff!

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

Battle Log