I post an introduction when I first registered for the site, but that was months ago but I didn't seem to have the drive to do anything until now. I think part of that was because I had the money to go super grocery shopping. So here's a little about myself:

- 28 y/o

- Female

- married

- Pittsburgh, PA

- 5'1" 157#

- work F/T in the retail setting, go to school F/T

- working on a BA in Liberal Studies, then hopefully a MA in School Counseling.

- Size 10/12, would like fit into a size 6.

- I realize a 'weight goal' isn't a good idea since I will hopefully be building muscle.

- would like to get toned, lose a little belly flab, slim my upper arms (I have "bingo arms") and definitely tone/slim my legs and thighs.              - They are large, and always have been.

- I can go to the gym 2x a week, Tues/Thurs, while I am on campus. I realize this isn't a lot. 

- Hopefully I can be full paleo within a month.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer pretty much anything. Any advice is more than welcome, too.

~Reanna

• Like 1

~Reanna

Haha! Awesome welcome JPrev ;):D

Reannalynne - Welcome! I love the fact that you're not setting a "goal weight". I think that's far healthier, and realistic than picking an arbitrary number that doesn't reflect your real goals.

Hope to see you around the boards! :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Thanks for humoring my quirks, Guzzi!

A full body routine has a pulling motion, a pushing motion, something for your core, and something for your legs.  It's the motions that matter, not the modes.  Deciding whether you want to use bodyweight or barbells or machines or what have you is a matter of preference only.  Although each style will have its specific exercises and considerations, they'll all include the same motions.  Any style that pushes you and hits your body evenly will work, because your muscles don't care what's creating the resistance - they only care that there is resistance.

For some basic routines to get your started, you can check out: http://www.nerdfitness.com/workouts/

Thanks! As long as I am feeling better Tuesday, I am heading to the gym after class. I fell down half of a flight of concrete steps today and smashed my tailbone on the edge of the stairs 2x and that on top of fibromyalgia/chronic inflammation in the neck and back is making even walking difficult today.

~Reanna

Dear God woman! Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!

Hope you're ok! I broke my coccyx a couple of years ago and it was bloody sore for weeks afterwards. Fingers crossed you aren't too sore.

Sorry to hear you have fibro... that's tough. I've heard that paleo can really help with that though. If you search the forum there's a post called "What these changes have done for me", can't remember who wrote it though, about fibromyalgia and paleo diet. (You probably know most of it anyway, but thought I'd mention it. Just in case) :)

JPrev - I hope you don't think that comment was sarcastic. I loved your welcome, it really made me smile :D

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously